TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 06, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 06, 2014 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
My introduction to the talent who is Alan Cumming. The Tony show from 1998. He does get one's attention.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RF-AFJ5VFs

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
IIRC from my legal secretary days, immigration is a very specialized field of law. That and patent.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh well, might as well forget about Will and Alicia getting back together again... the writers are making her very successful with a lot of cash soon and the battle of wits is what I always wanted and I'm getting it now so I better shut up.

Let's see however if 'rich' Alicia will make her less the 'go getter' and becomes too complacent and less alert... I still wouldn't trust Carey.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I love seeing Alicia back with her husband and at war with Will.

After all, this is The Good Wife, not The Good Mistress.:-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
IMO, Will is a sleaze.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, I AGREE. So much so the character is turning me off the actor. Icky! Eeeewwww!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I've been hoping that Will's new girlfriend turns out to be more than she appears - maybe using him for something that we have to learn about....and that she'll do something really big and really surprising that knocks him down a peg or two. Or 20.

I'd really love it if she was a P.I. that was hired by Kalinda to help out Carey and Alicia, but that would just be way too perfect to happen.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
and that she'll do something really big and really surprising that knocks him down a peg or two. Or 20.

LOL! YESSSSS. Apparently getting "disbarred" for a time wasn't enough.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love seeing Alicia back with her husband and at war with Will.

After all, this is The Good Wife, not The Good Mistress.

SFJF, I never knew you were such a traditional values kind of guy.

(But I have to agree with you. I like her better with Peter. But he'd BETTER NOT break her heart again!)

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
This show is just cracking me up this season. I love the War of the Law Firms.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I loved the humor in the last episode. I enjoy the humor added into dramatic shows; it makes them more believable. Even NCSI uses humor from time to time.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
She did not have to be back as the 'mistress', I was thinking more like 'equal partner' at the same level as Diane and Will... those days are over and I don't even understand why I wanted it since from the beginning I wanted these two as rivals... go figure!

Still no sign of the quirky lawyer and I don't really like the Irish misfit...

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The crazy ethics lady - You just knew the baby's name would be "Peter" before she even said it. Anyone besides me think she is either faking the pregnancy or is bat-crazy-delusional about it?

Some good twists tonight but I don't like that Will seems to think that Felicia played him for promotion. I think her feelings for him were real.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
What in the world happened to the wonderful writers with this show. I am half way through the show and I am about ready to turn it off.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 02, 2013 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gold's spit-take that was cut off abruptly in the final second of the episode was hilarious!

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, December 02, 2013 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
I must be watching a different show than you Lazylu, because I think the episodes of late have been BRILLIANT! you think the storyline is going one way, and it jerks you in another.

Will is hurting, he has loved Alicia a long long time. He wants justification as to why she left him. She left the firm, taking his clients. She left him, taking his heart.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
You're right, Landi. Will is hurting deeply.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
That's OK. He's slime.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
The characters have evolved beautifully. Some of the people we loved at the beginning are now the "bad guys". It's quite amazing how the writers accomplished that and kept us enthralled each week.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying the season so far. What I do not particularly enjoy is "gimmick casting". The new attorney at LG is too gimmicky. I have always felt that Kalinda's busting up people, places and things was too gimmicky. Being a good smart investigator is enough.

David Lee has been excellent character this season. Just the right amount of "gimmick" and reality.

Eli ,while love the actor is getting too out there. He is boarding on the unethical with all the things he keeps from Peter. But, I do like his battle with Jackie. Cracks me up.

Lots of fun this season. I hope they do not let the new lawyer get too out of hand. That is just silly to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched this show in awhile, but came back to it a couple of weeks ago. Actually, I think that it's much better, now that Alicia is in charge.

Agreed that Will is hurting. That scene where he was determining how he was going to question her on the stand was heart breaking. He was seeing a very cold hearted Alicia answering his question.. combined with the flashbacks of their best times together and someone he loves deeply.

Having said that, I love Alicia's and Peter's relationship.... they do what they need to do and Peter supports her. Reminds me of what I think Bill and Hillary are probably like.

Not liking Kalinda's story line. Love Eli...

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Landileigh, I don't think we are watching a different show, just a difference of opinion. :-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The show just keeps getting better.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Peter?! LOL

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I loved it when Alicia "changed clothes". I loved it when Eli got the "Peter's" all wrong. And I especially loved who the Peter-Daddy turned out to be!