TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 18, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 18, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
When the walkers have a will, they usually find a way, but like Vickie says, it might take them a while!

They release several trailers for the next episode, and one does show Judith although she's being held by Lizzie so it might not be good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_Pic2b8d-E the one shown at the end of the episode where it looks like they might not have Judith (and looks very bad for Mika)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7optvW8uY shows Judith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o-wflRwbPA the weird one from Talking dead

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
maps

The above is probably hard to see, but the top map is the screenshot of one of the Terminus maps, and the bottom part is from maps.google.com with my drawing over it.

Elsewhere they have been saying Terminus is the town of Macon in Georgia. I compared the google map of the area to the Terminus map and it seems correct, the basic road network is very similar and although I'm sure they will take as many liberties as they want to with the rail network, there's a railway line that goes right through the city from South West to East.

My point of doing this? The alternative would be doing my taxes. In both maps I have marked Atlanta (top) and Macon/Terminus (middle) with pinky red splodges. According to google, the distance between the splodges is about 80 miles. I'm guessing if the Terminus people post a map with that sort of scale then the "you are here" marker (if only there were one) would be a reasonable distance from the centre of Terminus, otherwise they'd have posted a map with a different scale. Just a guess, but I'd think the (outer) signs would have to be posted at least as far out from Terminus as the blue circle (or again, they'd have chosen to post a different scale map).

Sooooo, in answer to my previous question about how far from Terminus the groups are when they see the signs, I'm guessing at least the blue circle radius away, which is about 30 miles away. And Glenn was heading to DC (North East of the map) before he was turned around, so if the prison and the others were on the South West side (I don't think we know) he could be 60 miles from them, which would make better sense because of the distance he'd have to travel to get back from where Abraham's truck died.

I'd guess humans could walk 30 miles in two days or less. Glenn might be in a car and could get their sooner.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the IRS should give you a refund for all the good work you do here!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That would be nice, but my calculations unlikely ;).

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Regarding Terminus and the discuss in the above posts about suggests of cannibalism. It took me a few days, but I finally recalled The Twillight Zone episode called "To Serve Man". This episode was one of the creepiest I saw as a child and it comes to mind every now and then. Aliens from space came to Earth and gave the U.N. a book called "To Serve Man"; the aliens ended hunger and war; Earthlings went with the aliens to visit their planet. "To Serve Man" which was written in the alien language eventually translated into a cook book...ewwww!!

When the discussion here suggested cannibalism at Terminus, I thought about this Twillight Zone episode but couldn't think of the name of it until today. I didn't go hunt for a link because I don't know how to post links. So if this needs to be removed, please go ahead. I thought it was fun to share.

Now I need to go back and read all the yummy stuff Kitt posted!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL that it was a cook book !!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
(Off Topic)

Egbok, if you want to see that TZ episode again, here ya go....

The Twilight Zone S03 E24 To Serve Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx4oWVw0lI4

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
OT to Sanfran.

LOL, thank you. Uhmmm, I'm actually going to watch it!

And to help stay on topic with this thread, if I'm already watching the walkers/zombies and having the helpless feeling for those non-walkers on The Walking Dead, watching TZ "To Serve Man" will be a cakewalk.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I absolutely LOVE reading your takes on this show. It helps me to put each day into perspective. Thank you so much!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
blimey

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We knew it had to happen.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Talking" was so freakin depressing to watch tonight.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was surprised the actress was still so upset, like it was real life. Shows how much of herself she puts in the role.

man, I thought the 3rd grave was Judiths until someone pointed out it was there already! doh Im so observant! lol

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When Carol and Tyrese discovered what Lizzy had done and she pulled a gun on them, I was expecting Liz to keep the gun on them until Mika "turned", so she could prove to them that Mica would be okay and not a monster. Then I thought we'd see Mika turn and promptly attack and start eating her psychopathic sister.

I hate to say it because Lizzy was just a kid, but I actually hoped it would play out that way.

Great episode but one little tiny thing bothered me at the end. When Carol and Tyrese opened the barbed wire fence to leave the cottage, they just left it wide open. My first thought was they should have closed the fence back up to keep out any subsequent walkers that might show up so if someone else found it, they could have a nice fairly safe place to stay for awhile without having to worry about or clear out a bunch of smelly, hungry dead people.

I can't wait until these various little groups meet up...assuming they actually do. I'd hate to see them just miss one another and never know how close they were.

I'm curious about what Carol and Tyrese will tell the others if/when they find the others.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
How close were they to Daryll's house when it was on fire? And was that the fire they saw in the distance?
Poor Carol has lost just about every child she has had in her life! And to have to put one down like a rabid animal, must be soul crushing.
Poor Mika didnt have a chance, yet little Judith has survived several close calls in her short life!
I didnt think Carol would have to make that decision, Lizzie put herself so close to the Walkers, that I thought she would eventually get caught.Did Lizzie know what Carol was going to do when she got her to walk out to the clearing? Such a sad episode showing how difficult it is to survive in such a world. I wonder if we'll hear anything more on what started the zombie plague.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Totally did NOT see that coming!! What an episode. While I'm not really enjoying these episodes that single out 2 or 3 of the core group for the entire show, I think this episode was all the better for it.

Even though we suspected Lizzie was the one feeding rats to the walkers back at the prison, they finally confirmed it for us. That poor girl was truly "off" and had been for a really long time. Later on in the episode when I saw Carol and Tyresse out in the grove looking for deer, I thought "why did they leave those girls alone?". My concern, however, was for Judith. I never thought Lizzie will kill Mika!!

As brutal as it seemed, I think Carol did the only thing she could. As she said, they could not for a minute trust Lizzie around other people, especially Judith!

I'm glad Carol finally told Tyresse that she was the one that killed Karen and David. I also think what they just went through with Lizzie is what made Tyresse somewhat understand and forgive her. I think had she told him before that, the outcome might have been different.

I, too, wonder how they will tell the others what happened to Lizzie and Mika WHEN.....not IF...they meet up with them.

It seems like the new shows just started and we're already down to just 2 more episodes. I am so ready for these guys to get together again. I just worry how many of them will be left. At least we'll see Daryl again next week, but dang, that man needs a haircut bad!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was chanting "pick up the baby, pick up the baby!" I thought Mika was going to turn and start crawling towards Judith while no one could do anything as Lizzie still had the gun.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I actually would have liked to see that scenario !

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A couple of fun things for me, given my obsession with the timeline and where they are in relation to each other...

Last time we saw Tyreese and co was the evening of Day6 (in my timeline counter) when they first saw the Terminus sign. When we picked up with them yesterday they spent a night, woke up and Beth's fire was burning, but it sounded like it was the first time they noticed it. The fire was set on the night of Day7, so if we assume they saw it the next morning, Day8, then Tyreese & co must have spent Day7 uneventfully on the tracks off camera (except for the sleeping we saw).

Also they made some comments along the line of "how long do you think it will take?" "a few days" so they are still many miles out, even after walking a full day.

We saw the night of Day7 (under the bridge), Day 8 (see the fire, find the house), Day 9 (Lizzie plays with the walker, burnt walkers come and they all have to shoot them, Lizzie knows what she has to do), Day10 (decide to stay at the house, Lizzie kills Mika, Carol kills Lizzie, Carol tells Tyreese she killed Karen) and we leave them on the morning of Day11 when they get back on the railtracks and head towards Terminus. We haven't yet seen anyone else's journey after Day9.

And none of that time decreased the distance from Terminus, so they're probably still a few days away.

They also said the fire was "far enough away" that they weren't at danger from it, but I don't know what that means... one mile? 10 miles? I just wish they'd call out for each other every now and again!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Carol made the right decision too. The other option would have been to leave in the middle of the night so they had a good headstart on her, but then Lizzie would almost certainly be bitten by walkers very quickly, and then she would suffer (or what the others think of as suffering). And say she did stay alive, they never know if she would come from harm from bad people, like Joe's gang, and that would be awful. In a zombie apocalypse it was probably the kindest option.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Oh Lizzy what did you do?......

I hate to say it because Lizzy was just a kid, but I actually hoped it would play out that way.

LOL I too would like to have see that play out that way too- before Lizzy died she would have known the real truth.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I always wonder why they don't think of killing walkers as "putting them out of their misery". I would want someone to do it for me if I became a walker. That's what I would teach the children... Walkers aren't monsters, they are just people who had a horrible thing happen to them and the kindest thing we can do is put them down.

When they left the walker alive on the railroad tracks, it would have been kinder to kill it.

On another note, remember all the dead bodies in the cars in the 2nd season... Dead but not turned? They've never explained that. If everyone is infected already, those people would have turned.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Well it's a sad sad new world they live in. Poor Lizzie couldn't keep it together like her sister. Mika should of known telling Lizzie that the dead were bad wasn't a good thing to do. Once again another excellent episode. This show keeps me on my toes with what they throw at us. I think this weekend I am going to replay the season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know if the walkers are more than automatons, so maybe there is no .... soul? there to be kind to. Back at the CDC the guy said that the virus activated the reflex type parts of the brain without activating the brain itself (or words like that which I can't remember).

A friend of mine (a human one as opposed to you nice internet folk ) is really upset that they killed off the girls, thinks it was awful and unnecessary. I half understand but it is Walking Dead...