TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 24, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 24, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm only 11 minutes into opening night, and I won't comment on the subject of the show, but I had to pause and express that I am growing increasingly aggravated at Spence getting his hair cut, again.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 3:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Naja, he has come up with some of the worst looks, hairwise, on TV.

The episode itself was really creepy, and I didn't see the ending coming, at all.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I usually look forward to watching CM, but last night it was just depressing. Watching the team track down these crazies and stop them was always the interesting part of the show. But last night it just seemed that there are so many of these creeps and so many female victims. In real life theres no Hochner Rossi or Spenser finding these guys. I wish that there was more women could do for defending themselves. Most women are picked off and sometimes never found again.
Maybe I am just in a slump and may go back to watching later.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Hotch's hair wasn't so hot yesterday either. I couldn't decide if he:
a. got it cut with a bowl on his head
b. hadn't washed it for a few weeks
c. was wearing a really bad hair piece

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wish they would go back to letting Garcia be a bigger comic relief. Seems like they give us less and less of it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Just watched the first two new shows of this season. They were a couple good ones.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It always amazes me how CM stays so high in the ratings.

It was the second highest rated show for all network channels on Wednesday, even beating Survivor. And the only show that beat CM in the Wednesday ratings was "Modern Family". When you look close at that number, more people actually watched CM, but not in the covetted age group that Modern Family gets. This is really good for a 9th season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/10/wednesday-final-ratings..../

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Why are you amazed Naja? CM is one of the best shows on TV.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lexie, CM is my favorite cop show. You sound as if you think I said that because I didn't think they deserve it. My amazement comes from how they have been able to keep up the good work over the 9 years and keep the ratings. Not that they don't deserve it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
BTW, I think the best thing that happened to this show was Mandy Patinkin leaving early on. What a friggin hypocrite. He said in an interview he left the show because of the violence, and now he is on one of the most violent disturbing shows ever.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, gotcha Naja. I did read it wrong. I took it that you were amazed because you didn't like the show.

BTW, Mandy Patinkin has always had "issues." I remember he had some sort of emotional breakdown or something to that effect years ago when he was on Chicago Hope.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Mandy has never stayed with any project for very long. He always leaves after a year or two. That's why I never get into any shows he is supposed to be the star of.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I just watched Wednesday night's show. Damn, was that stomach-turning.

And, um, how many shows have I missed that JJ now has multiple children? And she is dating? What happened to the guy she married, the one with the southern drawl? I was thinking she had just one baby with him. He was maybe from Louisiana?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Damn Juju, his name is on the tip of my tongue!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I think she only has one child, when she said I have to get home to my boys, I think she was referring to her son and her husband.
Not sure about what is going on with that other guy, but I don't think it is a current affair.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Wargod, the name of the actor who plays JJ's husband is Josh Stewart. His character name on Criminal Minds is Detective William LaMontagne Jr.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1577637/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

------

I read something in TV Guide about the new head of the BAU being a man with whom Jj "had a history". I didn't think it would be a current thing...but after seeing this episode, I don't know if it was all in the past or ongoing...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I used to love this show... I only quit watching because it got too dark for me.

I love all the actors, was originally drawn to it because of Mandy Patinkin. He is one of the few actors I will watch whatever they are in. (James Spader is another.)

I'm so glad it's doing well as I hope to one day want to watch it again.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran! I could picture him, even hear his accent but could not spit out his name, lol.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Iluvreality, I agree with you. I got the impression they were connected through some sort of case at the State Dept. because JJ said something about it going on for three years. I don't think there is anything romantic going on between them. Didn't she initially leave the BAU to go to the State Dept. so she could spend more time with her husband and baby?

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
No one watched on this past Wednesday? I logged on specifically just to read what you all thought of this past episode since it was so different.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What were your thoughts on the show?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I watched and tried to piece together the importance of Hotch's "near death" experience. Perhaps he needed his wife's approval to move forward with his life and let go of her murder.

I was glad that there wasn't a horrifyingly gross killing by a psychopath but an understandable abduction by a man who didn't know what else to do. All in all I appreciated watching this episode a lot and glad I didn't have to look away.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thanks Auntiemike!

Naja, I always enjoy "Criminal Minds," including all of it's dark matters. I just thought the whole Hotch "near death vision" was unusual; I don't recall anything like it since Elle saw her dead father when she was shot. A bit different and unsual for "Criminal Minds," but still enjoyable.

I agree with Auntiemike that it was Hotch's subconscious giving him the approval to move on; however, given Hotch's pattern of psychology I'm thinking he may do the exact opposite and break it off with Beth (I think that's her name). I could be way off on that thought though.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 24, 2014 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I hate when it is to be continued!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, January 24, 2014 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh thanks for the heads up Dipo!