TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 11, 2014 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im confused. They showed us Glenn and Daryl together at the beginning of the show but then never showed how they got together or referred to it again...wth did I miss???

also...omg! who took Beth!!!!??????

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh my niece in law just told me it was a flashback but they didnt really make it that clear IMO!

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Pamy - the beginning was a flashback. Daryl and Glenn were probably out getting supplies when they came upon Bob. They asked the three questions Rick always asked before they let new people come into the prison.

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Looks like I was posting at the same time. It was confusing at first to see Glenn with Daryl.
I loved the Blackbird Song they played.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I always thought Bob had been one those people from Woodbury who came to the prison with a bunch of other Woodburians as a group after the melee in Woodbury.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bob is the guy with the drinking issue who almost got a bunch of the group killed when he grabbed a bottle of booze from a shelf and the roof collapsed, causing it to rain zombies, right? I think he's the one that many us thought might be a spy for the Governor.

Good episode! I'm worried about Terminus. For some reason I keep thinking there are cannibals there....and not walker ones. That's not a spoiler - I haven't heard anywhere that that is what's going on there...but lately I keep thinking about the cannibal scene in the movie, The Road, with Viggo Mortenson. Maybe it's just because both this show and that movie have a similar look and feel, but that scene from "The Road" has been haunting me every time I watch WD these days!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, Bob is the alcoholic. He joined the group about three weeks before the start of the season (unlike the Woodbury people who'd been there the whole gap in seasons (several months)) but I did think he might be a spy for the Governor.

Cannibals! Please noooo!

I thought the bad gang - the group who went into Rick's house while he was sleeping and are now with Daryl - came from Terminus, but I don't know now. I'd bet either people from Terminus (or Joe's group if they are different) are the ones who grabbed Beth. They don't seem like very nice people :-(.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
btw, Bob mentioned that the radio message they heard in the car before the prison got stormed might refer to Terminus, so that's that finally revealed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm watching TD right now and they just showed some factoid bubbles about the one-eyed dog.

His real name is "Dooley", and in real life he lost his eye saving his owner from a carjacker!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
many people on the FB page are saying cannibals too..weird so many get that feeling

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Why so you think someone took Berh
I thought she took off on her own to get away-
She had no idea Daryl was going to get out alive.

Hmmmm

But I haven't seen TD yet for it is just starting now

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I just keep thinking Terminus - Terminated.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"many people on the FB page are saying cannibals too..weird so many get that feeling"

Seriously? I thought it was just me! Maybe there's something about cannibals in the WD comics...but I've never read one and I go out of my way to avoid spoilers (and the producers' secrecy about what's coming up makes that job a lot easier).

If there is something about cannibals in the WD comics, please don't tell me - I don't want to know! :-)

Thanks for the info on Bob, Kitt....but I should've learned by now to wait until after I watch Talking Dead before asking a Walking Dead question here...9 times out of 10 Talking Dead answers it for me.

I hope some of our guys start finding each other soon. I like the individual stories but it somehow makes the series feel a lot smaller to me.

Starr

07-09-2005

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
》 Bob is the guy with the drinking issue

Yes, and when he was on his own in the flashback, safe in the "cage" he made in that cave, they showed him drinking from a NyQuil - shaped bottle. (For the 25% alcohol content, no doubt)

》Why so you think someone took Berh 

Because her backpack was on the ground where the car sped off. At least I thought it was her backpack. (?)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I dont read the comics either and I give the posters on the FB page much credit because you dont see trolls there posting spoilers. I think even the comic book readers are careful.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm feeling very uncomfortable with Terminus. The word alone has a negative vibe to it. I never thought about cannibals... interesting.

So now Beth is gone or taken. I suspected taken because her backpack was left, as if thrown, on the ground as the caddy sped away.

Did I read that right at the end of the show... 3 episodes left?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, just three episodes left. They really need to get some reunions going. At least now we know Glenn is headed to terminus too, well everyone is except poor Daryl and Beth.

Maybe the moment has passed as they're now separated, but I've been dreading the thought of them making Daryl and Beth get together. I just think that Daryl would think she's too good for him (not saying she is, just that he would think that) and wouldn't sully her with himself (again, his thoughts, not mine Daryl can sully me anytime).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
interesting that the scary guys from the house that Rick was in are now with Darryl...they seem to all be within a mile of each other

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I've thought cannibals too, but I don't think its weird. Its a logical conclusion. In any environment where food is scarce, some people will eventually resort to cannibalism and once they do, will try to lure people into a trap. The "Terminus" sign reminds me of the recording people heard in the 3rd Resident Evil movie inviting people to come to "Arcadia" where there are no zombies. When they go they are captured by the Umbrella corporation who lured them there.

I just finished one of the best books I've ever read about a post-apocalyptic world... Cyberstorm. If you like the walking dead, try it. Its not about zombies, its a more realistic look at what would happen in America after a disaster that brings down our whole infrastructure.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I know they're conditioned not to make too much noise, but if it were me, the next morning after the prison attack when it was clear the bad guys had gone I would have found somewhere with a good escape route and called out a few names, or "I'm heading to the railtracks" or something that I knew others might recognise. There's such a good chance back then that they were within hearing distance of each other, particularly as the other noise sources (planes, trains, automobiles) were silent. Just call every couple of hours with something helpful, at least for the first day. And signs, I'd have left writing somewhere.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Timeline stuff... where we are in the stories right now (I think):

Prison battle was Day 5.

Tyreese, Carol and and the girls were last seen on the railtracks next to a sign for Terminus on Day 6.

Maggie, Sasha and Bob were last seen on the railtracks heading towards Terminus on Day 8.

Rick, Carl and Michonne were last seen on the railtracks next to a sign for Terminus on Day 8.

Beth was taken by the car at the end of Day 8.

Daryl met Joe's gang early on Day 9.

Glenn is a tricky one. He had to get back from at least 100 miles away from the bus (where Abraham's truck broke down) on Day 6. I assume he couldn't have walked all the way, they probably found another car or two and drove, but at the end of yesterday's episode Glenn was seen in front of a sign for Terminus. It would be on Day 7 if it just took him/them one day, but perhaps more likely it's Day 8 or even Day 9. Maybe they will give us some clues next time.

The trailers/sneek peeks show Tyreese and co, so maybe they will actually reach the Terminus encampment (assuming there is one), but with perils on the way. And another thing to note is we don't know how far the signs are from the encampment (or from each other), for instance Glenn could be coming from a different side of "town" and still be miles from the others.

(My timeline is now colour-coded for the different groups!)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you rock!

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
In the scenes for next week, I didn't see anyone carrying baby Judith....wonder why?

Going back to "raining walkers" falling through the roof of that store, how would that many walkers have gotten on the roof in the first place? They usually don't seem to be able to climb stairs or open doors (although in the first season they had to have climbed stairs to get to the roof where Merle was because that's why he had to chop off his hand, to get away from them). In the last episode though,it's apparent that they can walk or stumble down stairs. I'm thinking maybe some people went to the roof to get away from walkers then the helicopter crashed on the roof, possibly transporting a zombie victim or specimen which may have bitten the chopper crew then all those walkers bit the people on the roof and you have a roof full of walkers. Anyone got any other idea or explanation?

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Beverly, I think maybe the walkers on the roof were the people that died in the helicopter crash?

Glad I read the post here. I didn't even connect to the fact that the guys Daryl met at the end were the same guys in the house with Rick. Bad guys for sure!

It was apparent that someone had been living in that place where Beth and Daryl ended up. Maybe the person that had been staying there had been out doing something, come back when the walkers were attacking, saw Beth running from the house, and it was more like they "rescued" Beth and drove off before the walkers could get to them.

I am so ready for the "gang" to get back together. Worried most for Daryl right now.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
I didn't think the helicopter was big enough to hold that many people but I'm really not sure.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Weather the helicopter crashed there are not if they died even from starvation then they become Zombies. The Zombies can go up and down stairs just not real fast. Down is faster because they tumble down on you ewww! Anyways once again another great episode.I hope Judith is still alive but who knows with evil child in her reach. Carol I am sure will make sure they are ok though. Last thing Rick & Carl need is to hear oh yes Judith made it out but we killed her!!