TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hannibal (NBC): Archive through June 25, 2013 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree Sanfran. Some people need to understand the difference between fiction and reality. Blurring the two is a big mistake all around.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's a shame. Maybe they will put it on the DVD or on-demand.

The ending to the last show had me scratching my head. Do you think Lecter actually wanted to make himself a new little friend? Or was it just a necessary byproduct from his last minute plan to pin the copycat murders on that other guy? Whatever it was, at least he knows she can keep a secret. She did it long enough for her dad.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I usually love the darker/realistic type shows but I just can't take to this one. I don't like the Hannibal actor at all, but besides that, there's something about the way it jumps around without transitions that just irks me no end. I don't see this one lasting. Nope.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We watched the first episode of this show, but have now deleted it from the DVR. I fully expect it to be canceled. It's just too violent. I don't find it at all entertaining.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not easily affected by stuff that I watch (for example, I'll occasionally watch Bones and shows like that while eating lunch). However, every time they show Hannibal (and company) eating I feel slightly nauseated.

Once again, Hannibal may be okay in small doses (like in a movie) but I'm not sure that they can sustain it over a long running series.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought tonight was an excellent episode. We really got know the characters, and their lives and feelings.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It honestly freaks me out how Gillian Anderson looks just as gorgeous, or more, than she did over 20 years ago for X-Files.

I really hope this show is renewed because it's apparent Gillian Anderson's character has a lot to hide, too!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching, almost to my dismay. (Hannibal's cooking) Hannibal is getting more Hannibalish. Good show. Very interesting.

Gillian Anderson does look really good and not plastic surgery-ified.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, what a great ep tonight.

I hate to say it, but I think Hannibal is going to have do in his little gal pal soon.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, May 24, 2013 - 5:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Thought Hannibal fans might find this interesting from NY Daily News & B2C on May 16...

NBC is currently in discussions as to whether or not they will be making a second season of Hannibal. Apparently, the show is extremely expensive to make.

Although there is buzz now that Amazon.com is interested in buying future episodes of the show to add to its growing online programming schedule, according to Deadline.com. There’s also word that a cable network has approached producers to pick up the show if NBC dumps it.

Sources say no talks are underway yet as producers are waiting for NBC to give them a thumbs-up or thumbs-down on the next season.

Now, a second season is the topic of discussion at NBC.

That seems like good news, either way it sounds like this show will have a future. :-)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I only get over the air tv. for another NBC season.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Good news! At least 13 more episodes on NBC.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad it didn't get canceled. I find it even more interesting with every ep.

I am having such a hard time hearing the Hannibal character though. He is such a low talker! Will is a bit of a low talker too.

Super interesting development with Will and Hannibal!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
This show is SO good!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Creepy ending. I haven't watched this very often because it's too gory for me, but heard that the finale was supposed to be awesome. It was. Was Gillian Anderson eating..... well, something other than veal?

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Oh Yes Kookliebird, That was no veal... what's even creepier... I feel like she knew it wasn't!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The ending was reminiscent of the first movie where Jody was looking at Dr. Lector through the bars. I have no idea where this story can go from here, but Will Graham now knows who Lector really is!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It sounded like Gillian Anderson knew, or at least was pretty sure, that Hannibal was a killer. Very creepy.

I thought some of the reactions were very realistic: the Lawrence Fishbourne character taking no blame for pushing Will when it was completely apparent he was breaking; and the female detective so distraught because she knew she didn't do enough to help. I'm hoping at least the female will suspect Hannibal because of the discrepancies in what he said and the results of the tests.

Fascinating season in many ways. If you can put the gore out of your head this is a really good show and I'm looking forward to next season.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am sort of wondering in Gillian Anderson may be the one to mold Hannibal into the monster that he is... just like I think that Hannibal was trying to mold Will into someone like himself.

"Controversial dish, veal".... chills.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Gillian Anderson was even more creepy in this episode than she has been in the other ones.

This show is SO interesting. I will miss it during the break.

The actor who plays Hannibal is so good. That character is so well written. All those little nuances with him...

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Happymom I know the guy who plays Hannibal IMO could not have been better cast!!! If I saw him walking down the street I would run....LOL

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
lol! me too!
(It's so cool that you know him though..)

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Oh Shoot... No I don't know him!!!! I just typed the whole sentence wrong...LOL!!!!

It should've said, Happymom I know!! IMO the guy who plays Hannibal could not have been better cast!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
:-)

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Ha! The importance of correct punctuation, eh?