TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 08, 2014 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought this ep was big freakin yawn. I was almost pissed one of them didnt die after suffering through this ep. I was glad they didnt have them kiss or something worse.

After such an intense ep last week to go to this BOOOOOO

The best eps are when more of the characters interact.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
One word for this episode: Moonshine!

And okay, I did like hearing Daryl's growing up insights. He survived a lot before now.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
note to all: should anyone invite Daryl round for tea, don't give him moonshine then insult him, because he might go and pee in the corner

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I liked this episode. But then the whole show could revolve around Daryl and that would be fine with me. LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"note to all: should anyone invite Daryl round for tea, don't give him moonshine then insult him, because he might go and pee in the corner"

Kitt, watching this episode and then reading your post made me think of a joke I heard years ago that is 100% off-topic, but I just had to share it.

-------

The teacher gave her class an assignment to go home and get their parents to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it. The next day the kids came back and one by one began to tell their stories.

Kathy said, "My father's a farmer and we have a lot of egg-laying hens. One time we were taking our eggs to market in a basket on the front seat of the pickup when we hit a bump in the road and all the eggs went flying and broke and made a mess.

The teacher said, "And what's the moral of the story?"

"Don't put all your eggs in one basket!" replied Kathy. "Very good," said the teacher.

"Now Lucy what is your story?"

"Our family are farmers too. But we raise chickens for the meat market. One time we had a dozen eggs that a hen was hatching, but when the eggs hatched we only got ten live chickens. And the moral to this story is don't count your chickens until they're hatched."

"That was a fine story Lucy."

Johnny do you have a story to share?"

"Sure do. My dad told me this story about my uncle Bob. My uncle Bob was a pilot in Vietnam and his plane got hit by a SAM missile. He had to bail out over enemy territory and all he had was a bottle of whiskey, a machine gun and a machete. He drank the whiskey on the way down and then landed right in the middle of 100 enemy troops. He killed seventy of them with the machine gun until he ran out of bullets, then he killed twenty more with the machete 'til the blade broke and then he killed the last ten with his bare hands.

"My goodness," said the horrified teacher, "What kind of moral did your father give you from that horrible story?"

Johnny smiled brightly and replied, "Don't ever ***k with Uncle Bob when he's been drinking."

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
lol, that's a very good lesson to learn!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Sanfran!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
LOL...good one Sanfran!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Dang it....it just occurred to me that when I posted that joke, I should've changed the name from "Uncle Bob" to "Uncle Daryl"!

LOL

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
So funny Sanfran!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, March 06, 2014 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
This was an excellent episode. Turns out it was Daryl who had to cry. Yes even hunks who are strong and all need to cry. What a man :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Question: Have they ever addressed why we rarely see children walkers ??

In all the herds that come through it is very rare to see kids or even teenagers.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think they've addressed it. There have been some young ones for effect here and there (in the very first scene of the first episode for example!) but I assume two things: 1) even as walkers, youngsters are smaller, less strong and less able to get food, more likely to get themselves spiked on something, be killed by humans etc., and 2) they'd have to employ young actors to be young walkers and then there are rules...!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
My take is that the kids are no match for zombie and typically get eaten by zombies, thats why there are so few of them.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
good thoughts!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I have a question.

Why is a walker bite fatal if everyone already has the virus?

It's often a superficial bite on the arm or something so the bite itself shouldn't be fatal....but anyone who is bitten (even a little bite) gets sick, dies and comes back as a walker within a day. And it doesn't have to be a bite from a really rotten, oozy walker...it can be a bite from a brand new walker that hasn't started to decompose yet.

Has this ever been explained?

I'm assuming it's just one of those technicalities that one has to overlook because the writers can't think of everything (like overlooking the fact that walker juice that gets in their faces and/or mouths when they're in close combat isn't fatal)....but then I wondered if it had been explained and I just missed it.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Here's my theory on a walker bite being fatal to a human. And to be clear, this is MY TV-Land LaLa theory and not something I read out on the web.

Although the human does have the virus within, once they are bitten by a full fledged virus-filled zombie, the zombie's viruses are at 100% thus making their bite like venom to the human.

And the other technicality I overlook is when the humans are in combat with a zombie and never seem to get zombie juices on their face, hands and clothes. I see the zombie juices splatting outward and yet our humans remain relatively zombie juice free.
(I like saying zombie juice, LOL!)

I enjoy this show a lot!!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Well it certainly got all over this last episode. Beth found new shirts and sure enough she was clean for about 5 minutes both layers got bloodied.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Pretty yellow top and white cardy, what was she thinking!

Sanfran, I'm pretty sure it was explained during the episodes at the CDC and went something like the below:

Everyone has the reanimation virus in them and will reanimate after any sort of death, but the virus is dormant (like flu vaccine) at this stage and won't kill them.

After (any) death the dormant virus becomes active, multiplies and floods the body, so that by the time they reanimate (wake up as a walker) they have the virus all through their blood and saliva, so a newly born walker is already a seething mass of active virus.

When someone is bitten the live virus gets into their blood stream and they die because there is no cure. It might take a long time to die if the bite is small, but once the active virus is in their blood it will multiply and eventually they will die. In real life human bites always carry a lot of infection, so I don't think that part if too much of a stretch. (And it's getting it in the blood stream that's the issue, so getting blood or goo on them is okay, as long as they don't have a cut (yes I know, they always have cuts!).)

That's half what I remember and half what I'm making up as I'm going along ;).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is from the wiki

Zombie bites are not necessarily fatal because of the zombie pathogen, but rather the unsanitary nature of their mouths due to diet and decomposition. Scratches cause similar infections for similar reasons. Their mouths and saliva often contain several septic factors, specifically the bacteria: E. coli, Staphylococcus sp., Providencia sp., Proteus morgani, P. mirabilis, and multocida. The rapid growth of these bacteria tends to cause extremely virulent strains that are highly resistant to antibiotics, and most often lethal. It can be assumed, however, that an undetermined number of original "outbreak" cases involved recently-reanimated zombies that were relatively intact and "clean". This could indicate that the active form of the virus does in fact play a part in the attack on the victim's system, perhaps by rapidly wiping out immunity cells which would allow for even weak infections to be deadly.

It should be noted that zombie saliva and scratches are not guaranteed to kill, as both Tyreese and the Governor have came into contact with both and were unaffected.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks! I figured there was some kind of "fictional tv-science" that had explained it. Live virus and dormant...that makes good "tv sense"!
:-)

"Sanfran, I'm pretty sure it was explained during the episodes at the CDC and went something like the below:

Everyone has the reanimation virus in them and will reanimate after any sort of death"

Kitt, the part about reanimating after any sort of death couldn't have been info learned from the CDC episodes. Rick first learned the "any sort of death" part after killing Shane with a knife in season2 (or was it 3?) at the farmhouse, awhile after they left the CDC.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The guy at the CDC (Noah Emmerich) whispered it to Rick just before they all left the CDC, but Rick didn't tell anyone until they all met up after Barnageddon (and the audience didn't know either until then, but that's where Rick said he got the info).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I remember the whisper, but had forgotten about it.

I just had always thought Rick discovered that everyone becomes walkers no matter how you die when he killed Shane with a knife.

I'm old. I tend to forg..... Um, what were we talking about?

:-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
hahha at least you have the excuse it was years ago that you saw that scene. I just saw it a couple months ago and had forgotten LOL

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I remember the whisper at the CDC.

The guy at the CDC (Noah Emmerich) is now the 80's FBI agent living across the street of "The Americans". And he's one of the FBI agents working the case on Russian spies.