TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 29, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Modern Family : Archive through January 29, 2014 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I loved Jay's line to Gloria... "That's their address, Magoo."

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Another great show last night. I was cracking up at Phil with any reference to birds and nest. LOL

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
At the very end, how Cam got Mitch to tell the truth. LOL !!!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The first 25 minutes of last night's show was the most annoying 25 minutes of my entire day. The last 5 made up for it. I loved the Taco Truck and the group singing at the end.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Although to be honest I've fallen behind on my daughter's music education - she didn't appreciate the sheer musical genius that is Gladys Knight and the Pipps - sounds like a good excuse for a CD and a road trip!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Heck yeah it is!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's my favorite part from last night. I mean what else would one girl do with 3 boys? Play Gladys Knight and the Pipps! Only thing that seems logical to me. LOL

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Mine too. I loved the Gladys Pips bit that hayley and the boys acted out. Very sweet.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I also loved Gloria's need to make an entrance every time someone new showed up. It made me realize that one relative of mine knows exactly what she's doing when she disappears and reappears at family functions each time someone new shows up.

I also loved how Jay wanted a dish that everyone saw as simply being a "drunken cow".

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Kappa: that was a cute story. :-)

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Nothing made me laugh more than this:

After Cam and Mitchell put Alex on the spot and ask her who's better dressed, she replies, "I don't know...boys' clothes aren't really my thing." Little Lily, sitting next to her on the couch, looks her up and down and says (bewildered), "Really?"

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the timing of that little actress is great! shows what good directors can bring out of good actors

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
I think the actress who plays Lily should get an Emmy just for that last scene (over the credits) alone! I love this show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree. Great scene with Lily. (Did the assistant Renaldo remind anyone else of the character in "The Birdcage" that was kind of like the maid at Robin Williams and Nathan (can't remember the last name) home over their club?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
So many great lines last night I can't even remember them all. But I can tell you I laughed the entire half hour.

And yes, Pepper & Renaldo had a very strong Birdcage theme going on. I'm sure it was on purpose.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 3:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Lily: “Y'all fightin'?”

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I always laugh so much at this show. : )

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 27, 2013 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm in the middle of watching a marathon on USA of season 1, and it's funny how it almost seems to be in slow motion compared to how fast and witty the later shows are. It's still good, but you can see the big difference from before they got their groove. Some shows take a couple seasons for the actors to get their groove, but I think this cast did it about halfway through the first season.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
I've always wondered who they are supposed to be talking to when they sit on the couch and talk to the camera or give sideways glances to the camera. I like the show and think it's really funny but never quite got the concept/set up of it. Can anyone explain please?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I thought they were talking to us.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I think they are participating in a documentary... similiar to The Office.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Cass is right, they explained it in the first ep years ago.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Guess I never saw the first episode and never watched The Office. It will be the longest documentary ever.
I wonder if it's based on that movie from the '70's. The movie was about a documentary about a family but the movie itself wasn't a documentary. I don't remember the name of it but the doc. cameramen had cameras that completely covered their heads.It may have been called "American Family" or something like that.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
I looked it up and apparently there was a real life documentary series on PBS called "American Family" featuring the Loud family. But I remember there being a spoof/parody movie not specifically about the Louds but about the idea of a documentary about a family but I can't seem to find anything on that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first episode again the other day. They don't say anything about a documentary.

So I looked up this article.

"In the original pilot script for Modern Family, the creators included a subplot explaining why the show’s three wacky families were being filmed documentary-style. The idea was that the interconnected families were the subject of a movie being made by a Dutch exchange student; he was going to have a backstory and fall in love with one of the regulars.

But by the time the show made it to air, the documentary filmmaker was nowhere to be seen, and as Modern Family has grown into the biggest hit comedy of the season, the characters have never shown any awareness that they’re being filmed. Co-creator Steven Levitan (Just Shoot Me!) made it official in an interview with the Television Critics Association, saying that the presence of the documentarian “felt like an appendage, like we didn’t need it.” Modern Family is now a show that uses documentary film techniques but never bothers to explain why; that’s why Levitan calls it “a family show done documentary-style.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/02/18/who-on-earth-are-they-talking-to/