TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 17, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 17, 2014 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The way I see it is that Roy is feeling guilty for being mad/resentful at Hayley for ending her life. He feels she was so selfish and they could have still had some good time together. In the end he supported her but didn't support the decision. Hayley did not see it that way. She knew what her pain was like as well as the fact that she was reverting to her former life in some dreams she was having. She did not want to go back there in the last stages of cancer. I think she was afraid she would lose her identity in the end if she was relying on pain meds too heavily. Carla knows as well what Hayley did.

I imagine it became a hot button topic and they probably ran a help line number like they do with touchy subjects.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Its good that Carla and Anna seem to understand. I dont think Roy will wrap his head around it for a long time!
Not much fun having Nick as a houseguest. Poor Gail is taking Leanne's place as a target for his anger and attitude. I cant see him staying there much longer. Unless they resort to something drastic, I cant see anyone wanting to hang aroudn with Nick.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I meant that Hayley didn't see her decision the way Roy did as selfish not that she didn't think he was supporting her in the end.

I imagine Nick will be off to Canada to stay with uncle what's his name back where he disappeared to years ago. Nicks place will become Leanne's and all will be well. He'll return shortly having undergone intensive therapy and rehab.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
It is very strange. Roy and Hailey have always been depicted as being so close and in so much agreement. If Hailey knew Roy's feelings about end-of-life issues, why did she tell him that she planned to end things, and why didn't Roy know how Hailey would want to end her life?

DH and I each know how the other feels about how we would approach the end.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I suppose Roy knew that it was decision that only his wife could make even though it devastated him. I dont know how I would have reacted in those circumstances.
So funny to see Tracy getting jealous of the time her daughter spends with Michelle. She can hardly lay claim to mother of the year!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think Hayley saw how her friend became and that was when it struck home for her. It was a huge issue for her that she would lose herself and become Harold after struggling so hard in her life to put that part of her life behind her. I would wager the issue never came up. It was probably something she had never thought about until she saw her friend. I think she thought she would have his wholehearted support once she explained to him why.

What do you mean Puzzled by how? He did know she would overdose that day. Or do you mean that he should have known she would even consider it?

This something I have never been able to get my husband to talk about. He seemed appalled at first that I was an organ donor, he is one now. But he is the type of guy who seems to pale even knowing you have cramps from your period. shaking head.

Here I am talking like Hayley and Roy are "real" people.

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper, the circumstance is real in the temporal world pity the writers didn't show both.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I found this news item about other charges that were brought against actors from the show, but were dismissed before the actors could even be questioned. It looks as if the men on this show are being specifically targeted! Or they are all dirty old men chasing after young girls!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2558351/Two-Coronation-Street-stars-cleared-child-sex-abuse-claims.html

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
When I said talking like they are real people, I just meant because I was making assumptions about conversations they might have had when we didn't see them.

What do you think they could have done better In handling the issue Trini? When you say both do you mean showing the side of the people who are left behind.or both sides of the right to die issue?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I meant that I was surprised that he supposedly never considered that Hailey would want to end her suffering. Besides the Harold fear, she was in a lot of pain.

Yes, Cablejockey, it does look as though it's open season on Corrie men. I guess the Savile scandal made some women think that they could ride the gravy train.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ahh gotcha Puzzled. Her decline was so quick but I personally would not have wanted to see it stretched out over months.

The article CJ linked to was some man reporting seeing two of the actors many many years ago. But they investigated for seven months? really seven months and couldn't find the victims. Wjat did he report it now for? Why not back then?

I just watched Tuesday and Wednesday and Fiz finding out.

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper I meant both religious and temporal or worldly.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I know what you mean temporal, I just didn't understand what you thought the writers should show. I still don't. I'm not trying to being annoying, just trying to understand what you mean and see it from a different perspective.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
The writers could have Emily the only Christian on CS visit Hayley without Emily knowing about her plan, and have her shed light on the state of a soul after the body dies a natural or an unnatural death. (I'll be giving CS a rest) there are Folks who think nothing of it and that it is their life or their body.... Well CS has lost its taste.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Now I see what you mean Trini, thank you.

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper I'll still read your comments and you were nor annoying. Even Steve has lost his charm, the writers pooped on CS now they have the homeless girl kissing Sophie. I can understand characters with flaws, but at some point like in real life give them growth and substance. There is always tension on the street every week.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Trini, I hope I haven't said anything that offended you.

I know that I have been losing interest in CS lately. But over the years there have been other times when I have felt this way. In the past it has always drawn me back eventually.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It's always had its ebbs and flows for me as well. I'm interested to see where they go from here. What they will do with Nick, and how they will treat Roy. Frankly Carla and Fiz are treating him like he is some poor unintelligent child. Yes his world has been rocked but I imagine he finds their "handling" of him insulting. And yes I'm not sure why Sophie would want to pal around or become the gf of a petty criminal and all around nasty brat like Maddy.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Lawrie no not at all. I enjoy reading everything, I remember when Jasper use to laugh with amusement at Steve. The writers are losing touch they treat Roy like a child and everyone else as brainless. Roy is correct Hayley controlled everything. Fiz and others keep disturbing him even using keys to open his flat while he sits on the couch.
He writers seem to have no respect for anyone or what might be unpleasant. (Now I hope I haven't upset others)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I too have found the unrelentless attention and fussing Anna Fiz and Carla had heaped on Roy, too much! I can see that they are worried--with good cause--but they wont leave the poor man alone.
Does anyone know if the writers or director of this show have changed over the past 5 years? It seems that suddenly there was a big change in the story lines--more action, more crazy killings and/or violence, more over the top!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
A new producer stepped on board April 2013, that may have changed things.

I see lots of crossovers with writers into to Emmerdale and Eastenders. I was surprised to see Daran Little writing for Eastenders, he is so Corrie to me.

Look at this that I found.
http://www.list.co.uk/article/58272-coronation-street-gets-canadian-remake/

And the coddling of Roy is just overwhelming. I would leave to have some time to myself too.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I think it would be great fun if set in Montreal.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
It might just end up to be another "King of Kensington" it is smelting pot in Toronto.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching last week's episodes. I am wondering where Roy is really going.

A Canadian version could be interesting. Does anyone know where Uncle Stephen lives? I seem to remember it as being in BC. Not that where he lives would have anything to do with the new version but it started me to wondering.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think it was Montreal where Stephen lived. He was just. In the last Sherlock Holmes I saw. he was a baddie in it.