TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 23, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through February 23, 2014 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 24, 2014 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch Rake last night? I think it was on Fox. Greg Kinear plays an attorney. I'm going to keep watching...it held my attention. I liked that he was a defense attorney, but he wasn't one that just lies and does everything to get his guilty client off. If he thinks his client is guilty, he does everything he can to make the client screw himself or get him to confess. He also has some gambling issues and owes his bookie, so there's the whole "down on his luck" aspect. But it was funny. I'll keep the timer set on my DVR for it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 24, 2014 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
'Bates Motel' Season 2 to Premiere Monday, March 3 on A&E

It couldn't come soon enough for me. I love this show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 24, 2014 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was just thinking about Bates Motel today, Naja. It's a show I really look forward to.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, January 25, 2014 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The problem with Rake and True Detective is that nothing is really new with the topics, they seemed to me 'same old, same old' and so I tuned out and won't watch.

Why can't they come up with something really 'new' and worth watching. Sometimes they do but then the series just dies... go figure.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 26, 2014 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not many new shows in February:

Star-crossed on The CW, Mon Feb 17 at 8pm ("a group of Atrian (alien) teens will enroll in a suburban human high school, with the goal of testing the feasibility of human/alien integration," bond forms between a human and alien child)

About A Boy on NBC, Fri Feb 21 at 10.30pm (usually Tuesdays at 9pm) (comedy based on book/movie)

Growing Up Fisher on NBC, Sun Feb 23 at 10.30pm (usually Tuesdays at 9.30pm) (comedy starring Jenna Elfman with a blind father)

Mind Games on ABC, Tue Feb 25 at 10pm (two brothers "are partners in Edwards and Associates, an unusual business based on the belief that people's decisions are influenced by their environment in ways they're not aware. By using the hard science of psychological manipulation, the brothers commit to solving their clients' problems" starring Steve Zahn and Christian Slater)

Mixology on ABC, Wed Feb 26 at 9.30pm (Ten single people. Welcome to Mix, a high-end bar in Manhattan's trendy meat-packing district.)

And some of the bigger season premieres or Spring premieres:

Walking Dead on AMC, Sun Feb 9 at 9pm (followed by Talking Dead)
Twisted on ABC Family, Tue Feb 11 at 9pm
Ripper Street on BBCA, Sat Feb 22 at 9pm
The Amazing Race on CBS, Sun Feb 23 at 8pm
The Voice on NBC, Mon Feb 24 at 8pm
Glee on Fox, Tue Feb 25 at 8pm
Perception on TNT, Tue Feb 25 at 10pm
Survivor on CBS, Wed Feb 26 at 8pm
The Americans on FX, Wed Feb 26 at 10pm
Grey's Anatomy on ABC, Thu Feb 27 at 9pm
Scandal on ABC, Thu Fri 27 at 10pm
Hannibal on NBC, Fri Feb 28 at 10pm

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For Canadian fans: Doc Martin returns for Season 6 on March 19 on Vision.}

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was just making sure my season passes were set for some new shows, and About A Boy seems to be premiering the pilot episode on Saturday 22nd at 11.07pm (almost like they don't want anyone to find it!). Might be due to sport on the Friday??? Not sure. Then regular episodes start Tuesday 25th at 9pm.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, it immediately follows a few hours of Olympics.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt, for the heads up on the shows that are returning. It alerted me to getting three of them back in the DVR queue.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Thanks to everyone for all the info! I've made myself a calendar with all my shows so I won't forget to watch something! LOL!!

Maybe someone can help me out on this one. I keep seeing a new show advertised about a girl with paranormal abilities? I keep missing the name of the show and have no idea what channel, the name of the show or anything else......except that I think it looks interesting. Any ideas??

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Tomorrow People is on the CW, that has people who can read minds, have telekinesis, etc. The main girl has long dark hair, but there are other girls on there.
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-tomorrow-people

Syfy has several vampire and werewolf things, if you mean that sort of paranormal.

And that Star Crossed, which starts Monday on CW, has aliens at high school, so that might look paranormal too.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Thanks so much Kitt. It wasn't any of those, but I did finally find it!

Believe NBC
Premieres: Monday, Mar. 10 at 10/9c

The midseason's toughest-to-describe offering follows a young girl with special powers and the ex-convict sent to protect her as they run from a secret cabal trying to capture her and poke her with probes. Phew! Need a good reason to believe in Believe? Gravity's Alfonso CuarĂ³n came back down to Earth and brought along his buddy J.J. Abrams to executive-produce the fantasy/supernatural drama.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That one looks good!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sounds a bit similar to that recent one with Keifer Sutherland -- Touch?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It sounds like "Touch" but it looks like a much better show and with JJ Abrams, it just has to be good! Some of my favorite shows have been from JJ Abrams - Fringe, Alias, Lost, Almost Human, and the new Star Trek movies....

Trailer of JJ Abram's "Believe" on NBC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N2LYSg_QaI

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Oh wow.........that was a much better trailer than I've seen and it makes me want to watch it that much more!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Whenever you see the name "JJ Abrams" attached to a TV series or movie, you just gotta give it a chance! He hasn't disappointed me yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else been watching this first week of Jimmy Fallon doing "The Tonight Show"?

So far it's been 3 nights of me laughing until I hurt or cry. Tonight's laugh hurt limit was the dog drying machine and that little pug dog just going along with it all....LOL

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry to say I haven't. It sounds like it has been great.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think he's a pretty funny and likable guy. Sometimes I think his interview skills could use some fine tuning. He often doesn't let the other person speak or finish a story. That bugs me a bit. I still think Kimmel is the best guy on late night these days, but Fallon will do just fine I'm sure.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure if it's a premiere, but I just heard the show Heroes is coming back, with a new cast. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that's interesting! I loved the first season of Heroes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw the article about it at tvbythenumbers.

'Heroes' Returns With New Event Miniseries 'Heroes Reborn' On NBC In 2015

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/02/22/new-event-miniseries-heroes-reborn-comes-to-nbc-in-2015/239277/

It seems to be a 13 episode stand alone story arc mini series.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Season 3 of Dallas starts tomorrow night at 9 PM on TNT. I hope they can maintain the series without JR.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 23, 2014 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Rupaul's drag race starts tomorrow...I love this show