TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 25, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Supernatural: Archive through April 25, 2013 users admin

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sanfranjoshfan, I had figured she was the woman in the bed (that was her, right?). And that she had taken Sam to be a reasonably decent guy given how upset he was over the doggy. But that wasn't what bothered me. It was just very unclear how she could know that the dog had no home (dogs do get lost, after all) and then she guilt trips this stranger into assuming responsibility for the dog without knowing whether he can or really will. What if the dog's people were searching for her but now she's halfway across the country with Sam because of Ms. Vet? What if she was wrong about him and he dumps the dog somewhere?

Like I said, it may be a minor point, story-wise, but still nagged at me. I wasn't expecting them to be showing microchip lookups or the vet's office contacting animal rescue groups. I just thought it seemed like rather sloppy storytelling, as if they needed an excuse to take Sam away from hunting. The show already did a playing house story with Dean's "family" when Sam was gone so this time instead of a cute kid, they had a cute dog.

Please note, I'm not as grumpy about this as the above may sound. It just bugged me since I have a dog. And because I've all but given up on trying to piece together the main storylines of this show, lol. Maybe somehow the dog & vet will have more to do with the larger picture than just distracting Sam. We'll see.

Lycanthrope: You could write a guide on cult tv show actors. You always seem to recognize all the actors on this show - whether they're a guest lead or a bit player. While I usually have never seen or heard of them before. But I am pretty darn good at recognizing character actors in classic movies on TCM and knowing old movie stars on Sporcle quizzes, lol.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that's kind of a thing with me...

Laneesmom

05-12-2005

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Laneesmom a private message Print Post    
Welllll, we really don't know much of anything yet. So no judging here. I do however already have a theory about Amelia. MAYBE....she's a demon! Notice Sam's rather unenthusiastic reaction to sending all the demons back??

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 1:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Ooooohh.....interesting theory. I like it.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Saturday, October 06, 2012 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
I just like how they are getting back to demons, the only reason that this show started. I've heard they've signed on till S9 and it sounds like all involved (from conventions, etc.) that they want to come back, so I don't think this will be the end; but maybe next season.

I think the thing with Sam is, he walked away from this life before - he never wanted it to be his entire life. Maybe that's what they were going back to - Dean was gone again (remember hell?) and he was just tired of it all and decided to walk away. For me, that isn't unlike Sam because he did never want that life. He wanted Jess and to be married and to be a lawyer.

Dean is just off for me, but it's like he's becoming John almost. IDK. I want to hold off my main feelings for his character for a few episodes.

Thank god Cas is back in episode 4, it will be interesting to see "I saw enough" and what it means.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Anyone still watching? I've really liked the last two episodes and the new arc.

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
I was also wondering if anyone was still watching! The show has been PHENOMENAL this season!! AND it got an early pick up for season 9!! First time.

LOVE love love the direction the show has taken with the new lore and the new home base.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Channel_surfer - glad I'm not the only one! Good to hear it got picked up for season 9.

Nerovh

06-11-2005

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
I'm really enjoying the new material as well. It would be kind of nice to let the guys finally have some kind of home or at least a safe place to go now and again. Loved the episode with the golem in it.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Nerovh - that was definitely my favorite episode this season.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
I know this show can't last forever, but I thoroughly still enjoy it. It's the one show that I will consistently by the DVDs for after each season.

I'm so glad that even with "old" material it can still seem new.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
There's something so appealing about these brothers and their fight against evil.
And so touching to see Dean setting up his first real room.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I loved his wall decorations and that they have a batcave now. A home base has been really missed since Bobby has been gone.
I do still miss Bobby tremendously. And Rufus, and Ellen, and Jo.

I think this new story arc puts them off into another place where you don't miss the old characters as much, and yet the boys feel more like they're back in their groove together. I wish they would have introduced the "men of letters" theme earlier in the year.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I also like the direction of the show right now. Sam's gonna do the trials, they have an actual home to go back to, Kevin is cool as a semi-regular, and Crowley is still lurking out there as a very cool bad guy. This latest episode was run-of-the-mill, but the previews for next week look awesome as it looks like their going to bring in the Greek gods.

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
I think I am the only person who actually enjoyed this week's episode.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, March 07, 2013 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I caught the show at the actual primetime airdate for the first time in years, and I didn't really get what was going on. The only think I wondered is why Jenson Ackles was talking low like Castiel, I thought it was weird lol.

(I watch older episodes in the morning on TNT)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Last week's show was amazing. Loved seeing Bobby back and Sam saving him from hell!

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, April 07, 2013 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I loved seeing Bobby! I hope we see him again. Looks like the boys gave him some really bad advice about moving on when he was a ghost since he ended up in Hell. Very glad they were able to rescue him - although out of the entire population of Hell, he was like the third person Sam finds?

Not crazy about these portals between the worlds. Too bad they just now found out about it, or they could have rescued John, then Dean, then Sam, then Bobby.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes John--is it too late to save him? Also wonder if Benny may have survived purgatory.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
John was saved when they opened up the gates with the Colt pistol, and John got out, finished off Yellow Eyes and then went to Heaven. But it sure would have been easier (and quicker) if they'd known about these handy portals back then.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I'm happy to hear that John is in heaven. Funny the things you forget even when you love a show and been watching for years!
I take it there is no new show tomorrow night.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Yes, another rerun. Seems like lately there about two shows, and then reruns. It does make it hard to keep track of the running storyline.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Was there a new episode last night? I've missed several.

Channel_surfer

10-31-2007

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Channel_surfer a private message Print Post    
Yes! It was a great stand-alone episode featuring Charlie. Not too much of the mytharc, but a nice episode all the same. Just as an FYI...the next three weeks are all new, with the season finale airing on May 15th. Thankfully, it's already been renewed for next season....so I ain't scared of no cliffhangers!! OK, not TOO scared....LOL

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks, though I can't remember who Charlie is! I saw the second half of last week's show (I think it was last week) & I think that was the fangirl from a few seasons ago but that memory is fuzzy too.

Thanks for the head's up about the schedule!