TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 18, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 18, 2014 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
What a roller coaster ride last night's show was. We find out who is alive and survived from the prison and a few who shouldnt have survived! Seeing Judith alive was a wonderful moment, but seeing Lizzie keeping her quiet was scary. I really thought Judith would die as a big drama twist--she survived so much just to be killed by a little psycho-child! I didnt get why we were seeing cute little bunnies until I watched the Talking Dead and they explained what Lizzie was doing!
Seeing Carl going thru empty houses and neighborhoods was creepy. To think it was a normal everyday place not so long ago, and now everyone is dead, really makes you realize how fragile our
existence is on any level.

Tvwatcher

04-16-2004

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I really loved the show last night right up til that last scene - I really hope those new guys aren't the Governor 2.0

I almost cried when Tyreese turned around and we saw he was carrying the baby

Lizzie is cuckoo for cocoa puffs - I wonder if SHE killed Tyreese's friend and Carol was covering for her

06-29-2002

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Vickie, the rules here are that you may post after the show is broadcast. If you are watching it later, and don't want to be spoiled, you'll need to stay away.

Hope that helps.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I couldn't work out the bunnies either, Cablejockey, and was staring at that log with the little bunny heads under it trying to work out what they were. I'd have missed the whole thing if it wasn't for Talking Dead.

I had a list of possible people to have taken Judith, but I didn't think of Tyreese. They did that scene so well, didn't foretell it or make a big deal out of it, just, oh, there's Judith!

Tvwatcher, I wondered about Gov 2.0 too. I think I'd have preferred to see them spend a while getting together before new people came in and spoiled everything. If only they'd had a meet up point!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
moderator it does thank you. was just surprised I did not read and am staying away after this till tomorrow as I am watching it tonight.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Can someone give me the Lizzie/Bunnies scenario. I didn't catch anything odd with that scene except I felt like I was suppose to be seeing something. And I didn't watch Talking Dead, missed it this time around.

Thanks!

Mangosquirrel

06-25-2013

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mangosquirrel a private message Print Post    
When they stopped to rest and feed Judith, Lizzie was sitting there quietly killing the baby bunnies with a knife. They were in a log she was sitting on so no one else saw her do it. Creepy. I called this awhile ago when the rat autopsies and rat feeding to the walkers started back at the prison. That child has issues.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And you didn't see her doing it, there were the bunnies, then her hands moving as if she was gutting something, and then later when someone else ran through the same area you could see the bunny heads stuffed back into the log

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the new guy was my fav actor on Southland...cant wait to see how his character develops!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Aww, okay, thanks for the Lizzie/Bunnies clarification. It all makes sense now.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I watched the episode again to try to get the order right. I'm not clear on a couple of things - I'm hoping they'll be cleared up next episode - but what seems to have happened was in the following order.

Directly after the storm on the prison:
1. the bus headed East on the highway.
2. Maggie, Sasha and Bob head towards the river.
3. Tyreese escapes through the woods with Lizzie, Mika and Judith.
4. Daryl and Beth follow a similar route, an hour or so behind them.
5. Carl and Rick leave and reach the dirt road and head towards a town.
6. Back at the prison, Michonne picks up two walker pets and puts Hershel’s head out of its misery and leaves, choosing not to follow footprints.

Then later in the day:
. Carl and Rick look for cover, find supplies in a bar, spend night in a house.
. Michonne spends the night in a car and dreams of her boyfriend and their son.
. Tyrese and girls stop to feed baby Judith. Lizzie tortures rabbits.
. Beth wants to track the others but Daryl is shutting down.

Then early the next day:
. Rick is unconscious, Carl is mad at him and goes for supplies.
. Maggie, Sasha and Bob are at the river, Maggie insists on finding Glenn and the bus.
. In the woods, Judith keeps on crying, attracting walkers, Lizzie muffles her; Tyrese and the rail tracks; Carol.

Later that day:
. Maggie and co. get to the bus.
. Glenn wakes up at the prison, leaves with Tara.
. Michonne and her pets walk with walkers until she kills them all and heads back to follow the footprints.
. Daryl and Beth follow children’s footprints and find the recently eaten people on the rail tracks.
. Rick’s heavy breathing scares Carl, he wakes and they make up. Michonne finds them and cries.
. Tyreese and co. find a sign saying “Sanctuary for all.”
. At the road Glenn and Tara meet three locals.

There are a few things which are spelled out for us. Daryl and Beth are definitely following a similar route to Tyreese and co, and a few hours behind them. They go by Lizzie's gutted rabbits then later pass by area where Lizzie and Mika stood back to back, and then come across the dead people after the man who told Tyreese about the Terminus had already turned. Also when Maggie and co. reach the road at the "Hitchhikers may be prisoners" sign there are no dead walkers there, so Glenn and Tara must have passed by after Maggie (as they left dead walkers behind).

I'm not sure if Maggie, Sasha and Bob are seen at the river late the first night or early on the next morning. There's no night time shown in their story so either it all happens the first night or it all happens the next day. I'm guessing it's meant to be the next day.

Same with Glenn, was he unconscious all night or did he wake up later the same day as the prison battle? Either seems to work right now because, like Maggie and co. there's no night time shown and no interaction with the storylines that had a night time.

And of course the Rick, Carl and Michonne parts could happen at any time on the second day relative to the other stories.

Also, if anybody is still reading, I've changed my mind on what happened with the bus. On first viewing I thought the gun shots on the side of the bus caused the bus to stop where it did. Now I think more likely the shots went in the bus as it drove off, someone was killed, turned, and in the commotion that followed the driver had to stop the bus. The bus door wasn't open which suggests the walkers overcame the rest of the bus very quickly and no one got out, but perhaps a few survived and were able to get off the bus and shut the door behind them. We might never know because the people on the bus were spares ;) and probably not worth following.

So maybe the strangers aren't as dangerous as I first thought, although we still need to know who killed the settlement the Governor/Brian found that day.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I thought last we saw Glenn he was on the bus...did they ever show him getting off and going back to prison before the bus took off??

also...when Daryl and Beth kill walkers by the tracks, she looks down sees a lone boot and starts crying...whose boot is it???

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Last we saw (before Christmas) of Glenn was he was standing at the door of the bus after Maggie told him to wait for her there. He must have got off the bus to try to find her.

I think the small boot is of a random child who belonged to the people who were killed on the rail tracks. Beth cries because she thinks it might be one of the kids from the prison. We've seen Lizzie and Mika (although Beth doesn't know they're safe) but there was also another girl, Molly, and a boy of similar age who are unaccounted for.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh ty!

Mangosquirrel

06-25-2013

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mangosquirrel a private message Print Post    
When Tyrese took off to the railroad tracks and left the girls there was a woman screaming. She and a child were probably part of the family that was killed at the railroad tracks.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Same with Glenn, was he unconscious all night or did he wake up later the same day as the prison battle?"

Glenn woke up the same day as the prison battle.

When the actress who plays Tara was on Talking Dead, they were talking about Tara's frame of mind when Glenn approached her in that little fenced in area that kept her just out of reach of the walkers.

She mentioned on TD that when Glenn approached her, it was "just a couple of hours" after the attack.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ah thanks, that's useful to know. And if the Glenn story is behind a day then it's likely the Maggie one is too. It's odd that they're following three different days: Glenn and the strangers on Battle Day; most the next day; and Darryl and Beth were last seen in the dark, so will start the second day next time we see them.

p.s. Sanfran, thanks for your comment in the N&V thread, the conversation had moved on before I got back to it so I didn't want to post, but it is my pleasure.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
:-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
2questions: Is the talking Dead show live AGAIN after the west coast showing or do they just repeat the show that was shown after EC showing?

Has anyone done the sync thing while watching? I am wondering if it's distracting

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Is Walking Dead on at different times in different time zones?

I thought AMC was one of those channels that just broadcasts the same thing across the country at the same time.

ETA: I just looked and it looks like West Coast is the only different stream, so that would be the only one that gets Talking Dead on tape.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
In SF on Comcast cable, The Walking Dead airs on AMCHD at 6pm PST, followed by The Talking Dead at 7pm PST.

I guess that means it is LIVE here, since it airs concurrently with the east coast.

A lot of our HD channels have been shifted from an east coast feed to an west coast feed over the past couple of years, and when that happens all of a sudden, shows I used to be able to catch at 6 pm are moved up to 9pm. I hope they keep AMC the way it is for a long time (but I'm not counting on it). I like getting TWD at 6pm!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm glad to read the above posts, great question Pamy!!

In SoCal, I always watch TWD at 9pm on AMCHD.

We have Time Warner Cable and now that Comcast has bought them or visa versa, I will be on the lookout for changes to come and hoping for the better but not higher prices.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Huh, the AMC channel guide does not list a showing at 6 pm on the West Coast. So sorry for the wrong info.

http://www.amctv.com/schedule#day/2014/02/23

Comcast must use the East Coast feed, even on the West coast.

It may be different depending on your provider?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im lucky like Sanfran and get to watch it at 6pm.
(we get the east coast feed). Many cable channels are like that for me..TNT & Lifetime for instance

If it was on a big network (CBS ABC etc) I wouldnt get to see it until 9pm

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
so they must just rerun TD and it probably says 'taped from an earlier live broadcast' that's how we get some shows here