TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 19, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 19, 2014 users admin

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone see The spoils of Babylon? Saw the first episode last night and could not stop laughing.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I believe it's almost a well-known joke in Hollywood that JT paints on his hair every morning.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Pippin, I watched it. It's so funny. I love how seriously they treat it, like it's the greatest epic story ever told....LOL (it's on IFC channel)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I watched the first two episodes of 'The Spoils of Babylon' this morning. I love the "high quality" production values. LOL!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm not even bothering to find the cancellations thread seeing as the premiere was mentioned here so recently... ABC has CANCELLED The Assets after just two airings!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's the official site of "Spoils of Babylon".

http://www.ifc.com/the-spoils-of-babylon/

Just so everyone knows, this miniseries is actually a parody of those epic TV mini-series. It includes SNL's Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrell, Tobey Maguire, Val Kilmer, Haley Joel Osment, Tim Robbins, Michael Sheen, and so many more.

There is a total if 6 30-minute episodes, there are 4 left. Premiere night played 2 eps.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Good idea to post that, Naja. :-)

Here is a You Tube video of the theme song and opening sequence. They got Steve Lawrence to sing the cheesy theme song. When that model car took off I had a major giggle fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jglXLMEid6k

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Are they going to show the remaining six episodes of The Assets? I sure hope so, as I've actually been watching it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They've been pulled from the schedule, Teach. I don't know if they'll burn them up over the summer but to be honest I doubt it, after so few episodes shown.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Well nuts.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Jasper

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 8:15 pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I watched the premiere of The Tunnel on FX Canada on Tuesday. I found it riveting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the trailer for The Tunnel that Jasper mentioned above. It's from the makers of Broadchurch and the minds behind The Bridge (Bron/Broen). It stars Stephen Dillane and Clémence Poésy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkI-gbkfMlQ

I enjoyed Broadchurch and I recently watched and enjoyed the American version of The Bridge. I'm not sure where it is airing elsewhere, but I found it online.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some new show premieres for the rest of January:

Bitten on Syfy, 10pm Monday 13th (an emotionally charged supernatural thriller starring Laura Vandervoort as the lone female werewolf in existence)

Looking on HBO, 10.30pm Sunday 19th (The series revolves around three friends in San Francisco who explore the fun and sometimes overwhelming options available to a new generation of gay men)

Rake on Fox, 9pm Thursday 23rd (follows the comedic and chaotic life of criminal defense lawyer Keegan Deane (Greg Kinnear))

Black Sails on Starz!, 9pm Saturday 25th (authentic pirate adventure centers on the tales of Captain Flint and his men, and takes place twenty years prior to Robert Louis Stevenson's classic "Treasure Island.")

Fleming, the man who would be Bond on BBCA, 10pm Wed 29th (a 4-part drama tells the fascinating story of the man whose own life and escapades were the inspiration for one of the most iconic figures in modern literature - James Bond)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
The only problem with The Bridge (Danish,) The Bridge (U.S.) and The Tunnel is that they are all exactly the same as to what happens to the main actors.

I so wish they had changed them up so you didn't know what was going to happen.

Series 2 (or 3?) of the Danish version of The Bridge is on right now, but I'm hesitant to watch Series 2 or 3 because I'll know what will happen in Series 2 of the U.S. version, unless that is where they split from being the exact same.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
'24' Returns in May With 12-Episode Run on Fox

PASADENA, Calif. January 13, 2014 (AP)

Kiefer Sutherland returns as the intrepid counter-terrorist in a 12-episode run of "24: Live Another Day," debuting with a two-hour show May 5 on Fox. It will take up its regular one-hour slot starting May 12.

"I'm about as anxious and wound up as I've been in a long time," Sutherland said Monday at the Television Critics Association winter meeting.

He returns to a character he played for eight seasons, from 2001 to 2010.

"There's a great impetus for all of us to create something new with the show," Sutherland said.

The show will be set and shot in London and retain the real-time format with split screens and interwoven story lines. It picks up four years after the events of "24's" final season, with Bauer now a fugitive being hunted by the CIA.

<snip>

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/24-returns-12-episode-run-fox-21516851

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
The only problem with The Bridge (Danish,) The Bridge (U.S.) and The Tunnel is that they are all exactly the same as to what happens to the main actors.

Thanks, Cricket. Bummer!!! I didn't realize the storylines were exactly the same. I thought they would create their own versions.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That new HBO show called "True Detective" ended up being pretty good. It's really dark and seems to slowly build. It stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as two ex CID partners who are called back to the place they used to work when a new murder matches one they worked on together years ago.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. Good to know. I have 'True Detective' on my list to watch. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rieann, the interesting part of that is the show lets you know they only worked together for 6 years and they didn't part on good terms. Something bad happened, but we don't what it is. So when they are called back in the first ep to be questioned, it's separate, and unaware each other are being questioned about that grisly murder they both were investigating.

It's not some played out plot we have already seen on other shows.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. That sounds really good. I'm anxious to watch it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I keep forgetting to watch this. I'm glad you liked it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For anybody watching "The Spoils of Babylon", be sure to look in on-demand. Every week they seem to be adding a new Extra Behind The Scenes episode. There are 3 there right now. Even those are parodies....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight on Lifetime channel is the premiere of that movie remake of "Flowers in the Attic". I think almost every female in my age range probably read the book when they were a kid.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sherlock on PBS Materpeice and The Following both start again tonight!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
The other day I saw Killer Women (episode 2) on the schedule. Didn't see the first one but thought I would give it a viewing, I like Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica). I enjoyed it! Wasn't award winning tv but I liked it. Walker, Texas Ranger with a female lead. LOL Anyway, I went onto iTunes and downloaded the premiere. Was HORRIBLE. If I had watched it first, I probably would not have tuned in for #2. I see in the news this morning that viewership tanked btn episode #1 and 2 and it's been cancelled. Too bad, seemed like it was finding it's rhythm but glad I didn't get too invested.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode and it was baaaad. I haven't watched the second episode.