TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 12, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Young and the Restless: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 12, 2014 users admin

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched Y&R since Delia was hit - specifically the episode where Chloe found out. I just can't watch so much sadness. I don't watch TV shows for this kind of 'entertainment'.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I've been meaning to ask: when and why did Billy get a buzz cut?

I agree with you Scotchbright, I don't know why the writers think this storyline is "entertaining", I have to FF through a lot of the show these days.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just read that Billy Miller is leaving the show and David Tom is coming back as Billy. Billy Miller made that character, he will be so missed. I don't know if I will care one way or another about the show now.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
That sucks, Billy is one of my favs :-(

I hate most of the current storylines and sadly I am fast forwarding through much of the show. This is a 1st for me. I've been watching the Y&R from day 1.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, December 06, 2013 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I have a sneaking suspicion that Paul is Dylan's dad.

OMG I think they are going to bring back Lily's cancer. I hope I'm wrong. I've had it with all the bad crap going on!!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I read today that Michael Muhney (Adam) was fired. His last show taping is this week and the last show airs on January 30. It's getting to be more and more that I will cut down on watching this show. Two of the best actors are leaving.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
No freaking way!!! I love Adam. I will be so peeved off.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Isn't it unusual for them to fire the actors? what did he do to deserve that, usually they just write out their character.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
I read that too. Its a shame. I thought he did a great job as Victors long lost son. I wonder what the cause was. I read his twitter and all he said was that he was let go. I wonder if they are going to replace him or write him out because they found out he was the cause of the accident that killed DeDe.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Seems Eric Braden may have had something to do with it. He does not like Michael. Michael and Billy tape their last show today :-(

Also the actor that play's Jack's son was also fired.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Eric Braeden could go and I would not miss him one bit.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I agree wholeheartedly Mamie!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree. He could leave and the show would be just fine. I get the feeling TGVN and EB are not that different ego wise. lol What a waste of a heart.

They are trying to say Eric Braeden had nothing to do with it, but who knows. I do know that MM has accepted much of the responsibility. Hope he finds something better elsewhere and that Y&R realizes what they have lost.

I hardly ever watch anyway, but won't bother now.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Michael says that he's outspoken and that is his problem. He also talked about how badly Maura West was treated. I don't think they want their actors to speak up.

Lorry

08-05-2007

Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
Mamie, where did you read what Michael had to say especially about Maura?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think I read it at Soap Central on the Y&R board. Someone had posted a link.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, December 23, 2013 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I wanted to reach through my screen and strangle Victor today. Who is he to tell Nikki if she has her son in her will or not? Oh I know, he's Victor Newman, okay?

Lorry

08-05-2007

Monday, December 23, 2013 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorry a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mamie, I'll try to find it. I love Maura West and I had heard that she was treated badly. She's on GH now. I started watching it to see her and she's doing a good job.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
An interesting tidbit from Melody Scott Thomas:
michaelfairmansoaps.com/Y&R’s Melody Thomas Scott On Michael Muhney Firing: “Tragic Situation!”

Doug Davidson also has defended Jill Farren Phelps, saying there is more to the story.

On a funnier note, here is a goodbye video from Billy's co-workers, a must-see!
michaelfairmansoaps.com/

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just read on TMZ that Michael Muhney was fired because the actress that played Summer went to the big brass and said he fondled her breasts a few times. It was also said that he gave her and some other actors a hard time. Yikes if this is true.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
He's been on the show awhile, so I would think any wrong doing would be out there already. But, he could have groped her, I haven't heard her say anything though; if it did happen, I hope the actress sues CBS for concealing his behavior. Or should we believe it is new behavior? I don't know. I guess he is leaving, though, but I thought maybe bc his character got boring. Anyway, here's some links to some articles, one with an interview with Michael, where he says he 'thinks it is bc he is outspoken.'

https://twitter.com/michaelmuhney

https://twitter.com/AdamNewmanYR

http://www.upi.com/blog/2014/01/05/Michael-Muhney-fired

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/12/18/michael-muhney-adam-newman-fired-interview

ETA: I didn't know Billy Miller and Michelle Stafford were also leaving the show. I wonder what is really going on, it seems more like contracts and production than anything. So odd.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
TMZ had a bit more on the story today. There were some not-so-nice things said about him when he worked on Veronica Mars.

If you follow his Twitter, he is very outspoken and sometimes a bit harsh, maybe that's taken the wrong way when you work with him. I don't know.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I caught just part of today's episode....how did Victor figure it all out?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So maybe I am just a little cranky today, I am watching my tapes, I am just so over this annual meltdown about Cassie's death. Get a grip, move on and just have a private moment or two, not a pity party every year.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And let me continue my complaining. Hasn't Michele Stafford been gone long enough to get whatever she wanted to do off the ground so she can come back now. I am tired of her being in a coma, she needs to get back and blow up Sharon.