TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 11, 2014 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I know, really dumb way to end her days on the cobbles imo. They should have had her just leave and go see Tommy. I'm sure soon enough there would have been someone else for Peter to sniff around. There didn't even really seem to be a build up of attraction and flirtation. It was just a strange turn of events. In her defense though he is acting jealous and putting his schnoze in her business.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
The whole Tina and Peter storyline is driving me nuts! Going to see Tommy would have been a great exit story for Tina. Too bad they didn't run it past Jasper first.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, January 27, 2014 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Bill Roache has been cleared of one count. I hope he's cleared of the others, too.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I hope so too, if he is not guilty. I read about the one count. The woman thought it might have happened but couldn't remember? How did they even get that indictment? The other count with the same woman I actually find plausible to some extent. I can see being a silly young girl and excited to meet your idol and to have him come on to you and you go for a fumble in the toilet. I can't remember whether it turned into sex or not. And I am not minimizing the incident. The questions that spring up for this case is why did it take so long for this to come to light? Bill Roache, I'm not sure he can even get on the stand and say he didn't have sex with them its been so long. Perhaps he did and thought it was consensual, he seems to have bedded half of London. I do feel sorry for all involved. And even if he is aquitted he, like Michael LeVell (sp?.) will be forever tainted by this and people will always think they did it. They'll always think people are talking about them if conversation hushes when they enter a room.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I am just dreading watching Corrie lately as I am not sure when Hayley actually dies I keep thinking is it this one? they should sell the strawberries to raise some money in her name.

The whole Tina leaving was so stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. And to not say goodbye to Rita or Simon? Especially Rita? Just weird. Corrie is just weird lately. Sorry we need a murder or a baddie to come along. Perhaps Tony's twin brother?

And as for Tina, I saw a preview on ITV for this week and Tina is in the pub???? Getting into it with RTraceyluv.

Kal so far has added zilch to the show. It was such a huge deal that Jimi Mistry was joining but they have given him nothing to do. Obviously they are looking to hook Dev and Stella up. um no pls don't. They are looking to have Todd break Maria and Marcus up, and break Sean's heart in the process. He has turned into a real slimebag.

Let's see what other stupid storylines are coming up. Owen getting fleeced by Phelan. All together now, who cares!? No one likes Owen, they'll all think he has it coming to him. The vasectomy thing was dumb. I would like Michelle to return to Ireland never to return. I do not want Steve with Andrea though. Friends sure. The only good thing about that story was the taxi office scenes and others with Lloyd and Eileen. The scenes with Michelle just show what a total witch they have turned her into.

What is up with the long pauses of Nick looking pensive? Id like to move on with his story.

One highlight of last week was the pros/cons lists between Gail/David and Kylie. Cute.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I just saw this on corrie.net. So set your pvrs.

We have received information from CBC regarding the Sunday omnibus during the Olympics and it seems THE SUNDAY OMNIBUS WILL NOT BE SHOWN DURING THE OLYMPICS for the duration. BE AWARE that you will probably have to watch or record the weekday episodes. Here is the schedule as we know it at this time:

Feb 6
Regular time Atlantic (19:30/7:30 pm)
18:30/6:30 pm Rest of the country time zones aside from Atlantic/Windsor/MT North
17:00/5:00 pm Windsor
17:00/5:00 pm MT North

Feb 7-21
19:30/7:30 pm Maritimes
20:00/8:00 pm Newfoundland
18:30/6:30 pm Man/Sask/Quebec/Ontario minus Windsor
17:00/5:00 pm Windsor
15:30/3:30 pm Alberta
15:30/3:30 pm MT North
14:30/2:30 pm BC

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting the schedule Pippin.

I saw a pic posted on FB of Hayley / Julie in the play she is now in looking very different. It somehow made it seem real to me that she really is leaving. I remember seeing Roy & Hayley the actors live last year and watching how much fun they seemed to be having with each other as actors.

I haven't been following Bill Roache's trial very closely. I did see that a number of his co-stars were testifying for him. It would be nice to see him back on the cobbles. (does the new set still have cobbles? lol)

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pippin04 I have set the dates.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
well that was too sad

Tonight's show.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Is it still a spoiler to say what happened last night? At any rate it was too sad. One of those moments in the show you just never forget!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I am never sure when it comes to spoilers so I always take the safe route.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I had a little cry for Tuesday nights show. Darn power went out around 9:30pm yesterday and I record at midnight on the west coast channel so I didn't get it. Now I'm going to have to wait a couple of days to watch on line.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Bill Roache was cleared and will be coming back to Corrie! Yay.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Such good news for Bill!
Did anyone find it odd that Anna closed up the shop and was just sitting there waiting when Carla came along? It felt like she knew what Hayley was planning although I dont remember Hayley telling her anything! Anna even managed to get that glass washed and put away, something I think even Carla found odd.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Anna did know. Roy talked to her about it.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, February 07, 2014 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I must have missed that conversation! I'm glad someone is looking out for Roy. Although it looks as if he is not going to be able to cope with his loss. Already you can see he is unravelling.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, February 07, 2014 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen Wednesday or Thursday yet. I have to wait for the internet for Wednesday. Our power went out and was still,out when I went to bed.

Roy talked to Anna shortly after Hayley dropped the news on him. She saw how distraught he was and he broke down and told her. I hope everyone rallies around him.

Saw and article in the Toronto Star today about Bill Roache returning. Apparently he is in Canada looking after Adam. Lol. It said Michael LeVell would be back shortly to. Congratulations Bill.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
does anyone know when they post the eps on CBC? I'm still waiting to see Wednesday's and since there is no omnibus tomorrow I keep checking online.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure Jasper. I haven't had to watch online for a while but I do remember thinking then that it took some time before it was online.

I've started to watch this weeks episodes. I'm on Tuesday and realizing that I'm not really noticing the other storylines as much I normally might - just Hayley! I haven't needed the tissues yet but I have them handy.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper CBC TV does have an app. I downloaded it to test it and CS Is listed as one of its famous. The latest ep is already listed. (If you have an iPad that is) good luck

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thanks Trini. I kept checking and it came up today so I got a chance to see it as well as Thursday. Have to go back to the net to see Friday. PVR didn't pick up

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
... I wonder how far will Nick go (away from home that is) he is willing to make a sacrifice to make things work. Now is CS going to have cause a debate about right to die aka take your own life, because Anna is now aware about the decision. I agree with Roy Hayley was selfish.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes Hayley's decision is making Roy feel so bad and so guilty! He really feels as if he could have done something to stop her when that was not going to happen! And now Fiz is nosing around. Really, what business is it of hers? And when she finds out, its just going to make her feel worse.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Yes Trini; I am expecting a lot of dissenting views on the subject. I actually think it would have been more in character for Roy to have been supportive of Hayley's decision. It is definitely one of those topics that lends itself to several different viewpoints. I think it could get interesting. Very CS to approach a controversial topic.

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Yes Lawrie, I see it coming... to be honest I FF through everything Hayley, I heard the odd conversation between herself and Roy. She left Roy having to deal with the decision of telling the truth or not and the personal grief and disappointment and having to accept things or hate.