TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 21, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 21, 2014 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
No, no one stopped as Nick,became more agitated. But it was Christmas in a large group around the table, excited, acting silly and probably just carrying on like they normally would. I think that often times things like Nicks problems recede and people want to act like nothing's wrong. They were just having fun and imo it would be the furthest thing from there minds that Nick would lash out. It's unlikely he was even aiming for her. My father is suffering from early stage dementia, and I was worried on Xmas as he does get a little overwhelmed in large groups and we had some strangers there. But as the day went on you do tend to forget for awhile that that is going on for him, and then I would catch him looking just a little lost and it brings it home. So I do feel like it is a situation that could happen.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Just watching Hailey after she got home from doctor appt made me grab a few Kleenexes! I'm glad she told Kylie off, who has so much and keeps trying to throw it away! The actress portrayed exactly how frustrating and hopeless one would feel knowing she has only weeks to live!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Both the Thursday and Friday eps were very good. The snowmen made me snivel as well. Such a touching little scene to put in there. And yes CJ you could feel her frustration and helplessness. When she kissed Roy on the cheek, it was with so much love. It actually must be very sad for both the actors to not be working together anymore. D you remember when Roy was living in that apartment building that Mike Baldwin owned? And Deirdre lived down the hall? He really has evolved as a character.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Poor Roy spent years being looked upon as an oddball. Remember when nasty Tracey made him think he fathered Amy?
Those snowmen were very touching to see, and sadly the next day they had melted with the clothes just lying on the ground!
I have noticed that scenes in the Rovers show Betty's photo on the wall trimmed in tinsel boughs--so nice to see.

Peapod

01-31-2004

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
Wait-Roy and Tracey??? Do tell, that was before my time.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Well, Tracey saw a way to make some money off who she consdered just about mentally deficent Roy, by getting him drunk, having him wake up next morning in her bed whereby he was supposed to beleive they had sex and then when she got pregnant, she told Roy it was his. When Amy was born, she tried to get Roy topay for her baby so he and Hailey could keep it! Good thing Deirdre stepped in when she found Tracey's evil plan. Of coursr the baby's father was Steve.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I'm just catching up on Corrie and Facebook. This link was posted on Facebook and I found it interesting. I don't sign online petitions but it seems that people are holding the current Executive Producer Stuart Blackburn responsible for the unrealistic storylines of late. http://tinyurl.com/oqwor3c

And I still get bothered sometimes when I see Tracy with Amy and I remember her trying to sell Amy to Roy.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lol I know and when she criticizes Tina for selling her baby, which is not even biologically hers, I just shake my head.

I think Tracy ruffied Roy. She is such an evil cow.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The change in characters personalities bothers me more than the odd unrealistic storyline. I've always found regardless of producer that there is always that one storyline that drags on for wayyyyy too long. Tina has had a total personality transplant imo as has Todd. They should wrap up Nicks storyline I think by sending him away for some intensive rehab for a couple of weeks. Michelle and Liz are just to cranky and overbearing. They need to bring back the humour. And just have Kylie and David back together already and be done with it. Gail needs to start dating again.

What was the purpose of that soup kitchen thing? Pls don't introduce that stroppy little brat as some love interest for Sophie.

I understand that Jason's dad will be making an appearance again, but a different actor.

Peapod

01-31-2004

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
Cablejockey-thanks for the info. I see that everything was a scheme with Tracey, as I couldn't imagine where she would ever actually have sex with Roy!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
YW Peapod. Tracey always made me think of a praying mantis or black widow spider that eats it mate!
Oh Jasper, I didnt even think we were introduced to that awful girl because Sophie may fall for her!!I hope that does not happen. I actually felt sorry for snobby opinionated old Sally when that girl pushed her face in the food and stole her purse! And Sophie was not very supportive considering she guilted her mom into going there on Christmas Day! Sally really has no good people backing her up! Stupid lazy boyfriend, cheating old husband, flighty sex crazed daughters--I feel sorry for Sally.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Sally does have a run of bad luck quite consistently, but she often brings it on herself. Yup Sophie very devilishly bamboozled Sally into the soup kitchen because she was acting like such a stuck up cow to Anna. That was a priceless typical corrie scene. I thought it was funny. But then the whole soup kitchen scenes, face in the dessert, purse stolen was just huh? There has to be some underlying purpose for that little meander. The scenes lately with Sophie and Tim together have been good, but yeah sometimes I too am thinking poor Sal everyone is just snickering behind her back.

As for Tracey, I think we are due for some big juicy story with her involved. She really has a malevolent streak in her. Oooo Tracey! Lol every time I hear her long suffering mother say that.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
That was my first thought - that the brat at the soup kitchen would be a new love interest for Sophie. Hope I'm wrong! Is it mean to for me to say that I'm ready for Sophie to go for a long visit with Rosie?

I have always thought that Sally's world would improve if she could get past seeing herself as superior to everyone. Perhaps that is why it seems unrealistic to me that she would "settle" for Tim. But it would be nice to see her have someone on her side.

I am preparing myself for the tears as Hayley's final exit draws near.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Long suffering indeed! Deirdre seems so at loose ends these days and not just because Ken is gone--where I didnt hear--but her mother isnt around any more either. Tracey only uses her mother who is smarter after being taken in so many times.
It was only a few Christmases ago that Sally was the one upset over a cancer diagnoses. But she was lucky there and survived. I wish they would mellow her out a little and show a mature side to Miss Sally. I can see Anna being a future problem to many on the street with her temper and in your face attitude. No wonder she gets along so well with Owen. But she is nice to Roy and Hailey.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
This was on my FB feed for Jack's (David's) 26th birthday. I thought it was a nice pic. Hope it posts properly.
http://www.contactmusic.com/photo/jack-p-shepherd-and-daughter-nyla-at-granada-studios-for-filming-itv_4009192

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It is nice. No wonder he is so natural in those scenes with Max and Lily!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Bill Roache's trial has finally started. I really hope he's innocent and will be back on the cobbles soon.

Peapod

01-31-2004

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
Is there a backstory about why Hailey and Carla are so close? Their scenes today were so touching.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Hailey was always the go-to girl at the factory for whoever was the boss, these past years. I'm not sure how she and Carla became so close, maybe after Carla's old boyfriend Tony(who killed Liam) tried to burn down the factory with him and Carla in it! Hailey was there too but Tony let her go.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
My memory might be slipping - they shared the Tony thing which can be assumed to have given them a bond. But Carla was one of the first people who knew about Hayley's cancer and she seemed to have real empathy and sympathy toward Hayley about it. That was the first that I really noticed them being close.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
In the past Carla has turned to Hayley. With her drinking, the rape. And Carla has always stood up for both of them if she has ever heard anyone slagging her or Roy off.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Isnt that funny how 2 such different women found so much in common and felt such an affection for each other! Carla can be such a witch when she chooses to and didn't have too many friends.But with Hailey we have seen a softer kinder side to Carla.

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lawrie like those pictures of Jack (David). Amanda is the perfect girl of Steve they get along so naturally, and she is funny. If Steve should leave Michelle I wouldn't mind, both she and Liz keep laughing at him, and Michelle with the dirty looks.Tina should stay just to be with Carla's brother.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I like Andrea too Trini , she seems more like one of the fellas though. Maybe they have brought her in for Lloyd? Although it doesn't seem like a good fit. Ya Michelle needs to get that stick out of her backside. Her and Liz just need to stop picking on my Steve!

CJ - those scenes with Carla and Hayley were crushers the other day, very moving. And yes, that is what I find are such special moments on Corrie, when they put such unlikely pairings together either briefly for a scene or long term like their friendship. She does make Carla seem like less of a robot. And no one else gets away with teasing Roy like Carla does.
Haven't watch the last two days yet. I am dreading Hayley's death.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
This is driving me nuts. Tina stalked Peter (waited outside of his apartment until Carla left) many times now she's acting like he pursued her and it's all his fault. Give me strength!