TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Elementary: Archive through November 01, 2013 users admin

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Regardless of how long it might last, just wanted to start a thread on it. At least for me, it is getting better and better each episode as we learn more about both Holmes and Watson.

I didnt know if i would like this show, given i am so old school with Basil and Nigel :-) and the actual books, but there definitely is something about this show that can draw you in, and i think the actor who plays Sherlock has just enough quirkiness and old Sherlock habits to make it acceptable.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
love it. love jlm!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
So far so good in the ratings, it could continue.

We enjoy it also (DVR season pass).

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
bumping - we have MORIARTY in the picture now!

Admittedly, the episode last week was a bit intense in terms of the tactics of the serial killer but boy what a great twist to bring in "M"... Moriarty... Cant wait to see the backstory there....

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Yeah, and I knew Vinnie Jones could not be Moriarty. I can't wait to see who they cast as him. I wonder if they'll go for an older actor, or go younger to give it more of a contemporary nemesis feel...or maybe they'll turn Moriarty into a woman, much like they did with Watson?

They're now billing the show as the "No. 1 rated new show", so I think it'll get a 2nd season pickup...should give them time to flesh out a good story.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I have been enjoying this show from the beginning. Johnny Lee Miller (wasn't he Angelina Jolie's first husband?) is exquisite! Though we do have to turn on the closed captioning to understand his British accent at times!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
why am i not shocked that Angelina would have been with Johnny Lee Miller - if he has ANY of the traits his character has, it seems like a perfect match at the time...

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here is a brief article on Moriarty...

Moriarty is still coming to CBS' Elementary, and he’s bringing along him a slight format tweak: More serialized episodes.

Expect Sherlock’s arch nemesis to join freshman Thursday drama a bit further down the road this season, executive producer Rob Doherty says. “I foresee us getting a bit more serialized as we get into an end run this first season,” he says. “We’ll still look to have a case that begins and ends over the course of a single hour of television. But you want to dollop Moriarty out appropriately. And we have a strong sense of what we want to do. But, yes, as we get closer and closer to wrapping the season there will be a bit more serialization.”

The producer he would also like to preserve the professor’s reveal as a surprise for the audience, though he noted its tough to keep a major character joining a TV show quiet nowadays (sorry Rob). Needless to say, he wants “a tremendous actor" for the role.

Doherty said the show is currently working on an episode introducing Sherlock’s dealer from London (played by John Hannah, and viewers will meet another person from Sherlock’s days in England who’ll shed more light on the consulting detective’s past.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/01/13/elementary-serialized-moriarty/

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
speculation

Could Moriarty be Sherlock's father???

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Kona, that would turn the whole story on it's ear...interesting, but I can't fathom them doing that...if they do, you're a prophet...

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder that tonight is the 2hr season finale.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rieann, I like this show, but can never remember when it's on!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It's on too late for me. Usually, I see it when I'm on vacation or they have it earlier in the evening. I like it alot, but am not going to stay up every week to watch it. And, I don't have a DVR.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the finale last night - I'm a bit surprised and saddened how it ended. I know it's been renewed for another season but it seems the Moriarty arc/storyline is complete. I would have liked more. Of course, the writers could always have a way of bringing Moriarty back, but it'd have to be believable.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I liked that they ended the storyline, I wish all shows would. Then they can start a new storyline for the next season.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
In other versions of Sherlock Holmes, he learns who Moriarty is and they continue playing cat and mouse in a lot of different cases.

Moriarty in "Elementary" has a long reach when it comes to her various minions who do her every bidding so I expect her to break out of prison fairly early next season and continue her mind games with Sherlock.

Hey, Joe Carroll excaped in the premiere episode and it sure didn't hurt "The Following"!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
'Elementary' Season 2: Rhys Ifans set to play Mycroft Holmes

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/06/elementary-season-2-rhys-ifans-set-to-play-mycroft-holmes.html

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Interesting choice for Mycroft...but I really liked Rhys Ifans in Notting Hill - such a loveable oddball as Spike.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wish this show was on a bit earlier in the evening, like 9pm. I have trouble staying up until 11 on a work night, but I always really like this show.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, July 22, 2013 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Huge fan of Ifans. He played a great, underrated role in the comedy, "The Replacements". I've liked him in everything I've seen him in. This should be a fun addition to the cast.

I hope they don't eliminate anyone, because I thought the whole cast was just about perfect together during the first season.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Loved Rhys Ifans as Mycroft! I had a huge smile on my face when he was verbally sparring with Sherlock.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Me, too, Rieann! I loved that the brothers bonded over Mycroft blowing up Sherlock's belongings at the storage place. They have great chemistry and I hope we see them interact again.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Mycroft...unique name. Just as I thought, Ifans was awesome.

Love this show, look forward to about 5 seasons of greatness.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
bump bump...

great push of characters last night... we get to see more of the Captain's backstory and I gotta say, the scene with Holmes sharing his cold cases with Watson is probably the most touching yet - I LOVED the prolonged silence before the "Thanks"... that is the way it should be in real life when someone that rarely opens up to people shows trust to you like that - its hard to know exactly what to say as you process the fact that the person is opening up his life one step further like that...

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I am watching this too and really enjoying it! It's definitely on my DVR list..