TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 10, 2014 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, you know she was also the mother on Six Feet Under, right?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, I think I saw about 2 eps of that show and it has completely left my memory.

(eta: I just realized "Six Feet Under" started while I was working evenings, so I wasn't able to get into it at the time, or any show)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Bummer...it was a great show and Frances Conroy was wonderful playing Ruth Fisher in it....but she gets to show SO much more range on AHS...her roles are completely different each season. She was perfect as the angel of death in season 2.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Did you recognize the girl that Cordelia's husband was sleeping with when he was out of town?

I did - and was purposely looking for everyone else who had been in the earlier seasons, but took forever to figure out Spalding was Larry Harvey. But then Harvey was so badly burned, and Spalding's hair is always in his face, so it's a little harder to tell.

Does anyone else feel like a delegation from Hogwarts has shown up every time the witch's council are there?

Marej

09-19-2002

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
Stevie Nicks will be in a future episode. The gal who brought Madison back from the dead loves Stevie. Her tape player got broke in the last episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am all caught up. I am a little confused here and there, not helped by the scenes in the past which I often have to cover my eyes for.

Who's the Lily Rabe character (Misty Day)? I remember seeing her in the early episodes but I've forgotten her part in the story now (not helped by the fact that (pre-burns) I was mixing her and Sarah Poulson up).

Also I'm a bit confused who the Axeman is... was he around before he affected Zoe's Ouija board?

I was shocked Cordelia's husband is a witch hunter, working with Angela Basset. Spalding's proclivities came out of the blue too!

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Kitt - the Lily Rabe character was burned at the stake in the first episode because she had the power to restore life.

The Axeman was a serial killer from the early 1900's who the witches living in the school at the time, killed. We haven't seen him before this episode, but apparently he's been trapped there all this time. Zoe certainly didn't help the world when she found the spell that let him go free to kill again.

I was really surprised about Cordelia's husband, too. I certainly didn't see that coming. Kind of surprised that Nan never read his thoughts before, or that Fiona wasn't aware of what he was, although she knew she hated him.

They keep acting as though there is a supreme in every generation, but it kind of seems more like it skips one. The lady that Fiona replaced was old enough to be her grandmother and the same is true with these girls and Fiona.

Glad that Madison is back again.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Great, thank you!

It seemed like the girls at the school when Fiona was 16(?) were those selected to produce the next supreme. The ginger haired one (Frances Conroy) seemed to think if Fiona wasn't chosen then it would have been her, as if it had to be one of them. Perhaps the search for the supreme begins when the old supreme nears death (as Fiona is ill, even though she isn't that old yet).

I would have been happy without Madison!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Not only was Madame Delphine Lelarie based on a real person from history....but so is the Axeman!

The Axeman of New Orleans

The Axeman of New Orleans was a serial killer active in New Orleans, Louisiana (and surrounding communities, including Gretna, Louisiana), from May 1918 to October 1919.

<snip>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Axeman_of_New_Orleans
-------------

I love how they take real life historical figures and situations and insert them into this show every season. The still unsolved case of Hollywood's Black Dahlia in season 1 was a great way to add a new twist to the haunted house story. And adding the alien abduction account of Barney and Betty Hill in season 2 was positively inspired! Now I wonder if season 2's Zachary Quinto serial killer character was based on a real unsolved case, too.

I just wish I had heard of Madame Delphine LeLarie and/or the Axemen before season 2 began. The first two seasons, the added details of those unsolved cases really made the story even more creepy and surreal....but this year the impact of knowing the kernel of truth behind some of the characters lines were completely lost on me until I decided to look them up.

And I wonder if anyone will die and actually stay dead this season? Kyle is back. Madison is back. Murtle is sort of back (or at least she will be when she's done percolating in the swamp). Heck, even Delphine's daughters came back...for a couple of hours.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I've seen many stories about the Axeman of New Orleans, especially his love of Jazz, and that he would not murder anyone playing it. They had a story about him on Mysteries at The Museum, of all shows...

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As horrible as the Madame Delphine was in her life before her entombment, I really was hoping Queenie forgave her. She seemed truly repentant. I just can't help wonder if worse if worse fall upon Queenie for being vengeful.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I was actually feeling sorry for her and I had to remind myself what a truly horrific person she was.

Kathy Bates is the bomb.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This Week's Cover: Behind the scenes at 'American Horror Story: Coven' -- it's magically delicious!

cover

<snip>

Whether you’ve been with AHS from the beginning or are just starting to become hypnotized by the must-watch FX anthology series, it’s clear that the show is nothing short of a phenomenon, thanks in large part to the big-name talent lured by Murphy. How does he get folks like Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates on board? “I just say, ‘I love you and I want to write something for you that will be one of the most fun things of your career and you’re going to love doing it. Will you please just sign on the dotted line?’” says Murphy of his sales pitch.

<snip>

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/11/19/american-horror-story-coven/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ok I missed this last episode and its not showing up in the next few weeks on my guide. What gives?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, last week's episode was #307 and it was named "The Dead".

According to my TIVO schedule and imdb.com, it is scheduled to re-air on Wednesday, Dec 4 at midnight. (Technically, that's Thursday morning at 12 AM )

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1844624/episodes?season=3

The next new episode (#308 - The Sacred Taking) also airs on Wed, Dec 4 at 10PM and again at 11 PM....followed by the repeat of #307 at midnight.

There is no new episode this week!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 25, 2013 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I put it in my Search engine to my TIVO and it didn't show up. Thanks SFJF.

Laneesmom

05-12-2005

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Laneesmom a private message Print Post    
Hi
Does anyone know where I can either catch up on AMS for free online OR if they are going to have a marathon on before the season finale. My DVR started taping from epi 3 and on.....but I refuse to watch any until I can do it in order. :-)
Thanks!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
don't know if this will work or not

http://watchseries.lt/season-3/american_horror_story

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Myrtle from this show and Sheldon from Big Bang Theory both play the theremin. Now I'm scared of Sheldon....LOL

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
I was a little disappointed that they didn't expand Stevie Nicks visit on the show. I mean, I loved her singing Rhianna of course, and she did her 'twirl' which was awesome.... but you know, she could have had a juicier part. Something that might have meant she would be back.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
She is supposed to come back in a later episode. I think it was cool to have her on but didn't expect much. She is not an actress and for me it was rather surreal seeing her on the show. Pulled me out of the story a bit.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Oh no... did I miss the episode with Stevie Nicks? When did it air?

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Last night.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Thanks Terolyn. I forgot I had this set to record on Tivo and just finished watching last night's episode.

So much is happening that if my head could spin around a few times, it would! Hmmm....or I could twirl like Stevie did.

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 4:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
Didn't know she's supposed to be on again. ..thanks for the heads up Terolyn. I like when they have guest stars.

Naja... had to stop and think about what you said about Sheldon... I love 'Big Bang Theory'. Once I made the connection I had to laugh.