TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 07, 2014 users admin

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yes, Wow I am. I keep wondering where they're going with this because it's absolutely against everything Alexis is and has been in the past. Yes, kids change when they go to college, but these last couple have her making a complete 180 in personality. At the end of the ep where she left, she didn't even give him a hug goodbye. She'd never have done that in the past.

I have hope that the plan is to have Pi screw up bad and do it soon. And then she'll have to come back home with her tail between her legs telling Castle that he was right. I think that's how they're setting it up. At least I hope they are.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I agree - I think that's why I find it so weird. This is NOT her personality. Definitely kids change when going to college, but this is so weird.

I hope you're right and they plan on Pi screwing up soon.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The time travel episode was excellent. Everything that is fun about Castle.

The Alexis storyline is bothersome to me as well. They have made Pi seem like a nice guy. He is annoying but he is nice and polite. So I don't have a problem with that but I do think that Alexis shutting Castle out is a big change in personality. In a way though, I hope they don't turn it into some sort of clichéd thing where Pi turns out to be the bad guy.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I don't like the new Castle and Alexis storyline. It makes Castle plead for her forgiveness. That is not the normal parent/child conversation. She has led a very rich life and is just spoiled. I have always thought they made him seem like the child and her the adult and his begging for her forgiveness and her shutting the door in his face is just sickening to me. Where or who does she think she would be without his money?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with everyone about the Alexis/Pi relationship. Hate it and him. But Alexis said she is angry with her dad that he didn't tell her himself he was engaged to Beckett. She had to hear it from Grandma. Maybe she's acting this way because she's hurt, but it's still out of character.

I moved in with a boyfriend at 22. Once you're over 18, there's nothing your parents can say or do. I do wonder who's paying for that apartment and her college tuition. Does Alexis have a trust fund?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Castle is paying. When Aleexis said that she would be moving in with Pi, she said it would be good for him as well because it was cheaper than the dorm room housing he paid for.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - See! She is thinking of her Dad.

I hope they get this series back on track. Getting Beckett back to New York was a good start. The mid-season is usually good. It only gets weak when they try to do something "special" at the end and the start of a season.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, when I moved in with my BF, it was on my own dime. Castle could put his foot down and tell her he's not paying for a shabby apartment when she can live better in the dorms. Sometimes I think Castle needs to grow a pair.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Agreed Baby.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Castle is paying. When Aleexis said that she would be moving in with Pi, she said it would be good for him as well because it was cheaper than the dorm room housing he paid for.

Dipo, this is exactly where he lost his parental power. He should have informed her he had been paying for one student in a college dorm, not two people in an apartment.

If she's soooo very grown up at 19, let her figure out how to live in an apartment and work to pay her own way to college. It's just not believable that she would act this way.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
I said to my hubby that Alexis is an ungrateful brat at this moment. Castle was pretty understanding and allowed Pi to live rent free, most likely not contributing to groceries or anything for several months before suggesting he move out. Alexis is taking for granted her father will always be there. I just wanted to slap her, he made the effort. i don't even think his offer of a non dumpster couch is such a bad thing 9I saw the Big Bang episode with the thing living in the dumpster chair so even the thought of it creeps me).

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
LMAO Kellee. Everytime I see a chair on the curb all I can picture is something moving around in the back of it. Ew.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Alexis is ruining Castle. What is the producer thinking? She is such an entitled little ****. So rude to her father. He can't just keep being so weak with her.

She's awful to him again in tonight's episode. This is turning into the Alexis Castle show and it's not fun or entertaining.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I turned it off and may or may not watch it later in the week. I didn't feel like watching her be a little B to her dad for an hour and him rolling over and taking it. I don't get why they're writing this storyline. Makes no sense at all.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought that they kind of worked things out by the end. I think Alexis realized how much her dad loved her and how hard he will try to give her whatever she wants, and also it seemed that she and Beckett were able to re-connect. Beckett's team went out of their way to help Alexis and she is a lucky girl - hopefully she realizes it.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I dont watch every week, but have noticed how Castle walks on egg shells around his daughter. He seems so afraid to offend her or have her ticked off at him! For a clever man in other areas of life, they are making him look very stupid!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I thought they had it worked out pretty well in the end, and Alexis did realize how much Beckett did help her. Now if this Pi guy can disappear, all would be well!

Pi isn't a bad guy, but he just isn't right for Alexis.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I thought Alexis told Castle she would be paying for the apartment herself? If so, then she really does have the right to make her own decisions. But I was glad that they got them back together this week. I've always liked their dynamic together.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Alexis is just going through a "Pi" phase - she's a smart girl and unless Pi makes significant changes in his life she will tire of his lack of significant responsibility soon - but he does seem to care for her. I don't get the impression that he is with her because of what she can provide him. I think that is probably part of his charm to Alexis.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
RE: Alexis. First she wanted to get into Stanford to follow her boyfriend. Now she is living with another boyfriend.

I would seriously like for Alexis to learn how to live without a boyfriend and succeed on her own, as a strong, independent woman.

I think she's been raised (by Castle and her grandmother) as a fairly independent gal.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Maybe we'll see Alexis and Castle as a crime-solving duo. That would be fun .I like Alexis with her face like a Botticelli angel. She is a far better person than most people her age.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one who teared up watching Castle last night? Wow, what a good show!

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Auntiemike, there were a few times, especially at the end, when I did more than tear up!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I hear you, Merrysea! I'll confess the same!

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
OK, I need to watch!! I fell asleep in the first five minutes.