TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 10, 2014 users admin

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
David's character has always been quite complex IMO. The actor was young when he took on the roll but he has always been very good.

I forgot about Todd. What DID happen to him?

I hope that Christian's only motivation is money. But that alone has the potential to cause more disagreement between Haley and Roy.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, December 30, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
What is Todd's purpose on CS, all he does I'd disturb stuff.
After last week, I think Dave is leaving the Street, it was so sad to see him with Gail and and his step-son. So I better get use to the idea Dave will not be there anymore unless.....

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Trini, there is always an unless on this show! I can't see David leaving for long. But I wouldnt be surprised to see Julie's husband leaving for Wales by himself! Todd is the new older gayer version of Faye! I think he loves spreading trouble and hurt wherever he goes! As usual, his mother will be the last to know.
I cannot imagine what Kylie and Nick hope to accomplish by having David move away. The little kids will suffer and Kylie already looks as if she is ready to throw herself in the canal!

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
LOL - yes there is always an "unless"!

There are a few things that I don't understand right now.

David was kicked out of his own house? I also don't think David will be gone for long. Although I don't see Kylie allowing him much (if any) visitation and it might do him good to get away from the street at least for a while.

Todd has completely changed from who he used to be. And his treatment of Sean seems very out of character.

At one point Brian was excited about having a child with Julie. Now he hates children?

What is snobby Sally doing with someone like Tim?

I appreciate the story that they are trying to show with Nick's brain injury but it seems a bit over the top.

I can't believe that Peter and Carla went through with the wedding or that Tina is being so stupid.

Why are Hayley and Roy having so many issues at this point?

Maybe I was in a strange mood when I was watching last Sunday!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I wondered about how David was left to sleep on the streets, but he cant complain too much or expose his actions with his brother!
The last time Todd was on the show, didnt he break Gail's daughter's heart?
The s/l with Brian is very off kilter for his character. And Sally wouldnt be with a loser like Tim unless she is suddenly feeling that any man is better than none! I dont know what will hapen when Kevin pops back onto the street.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
The Tina and Peter thing is just too ridiculous. I'm tired of Michelle and Liz team-tagging Steve, too. I agree that snobby Sally would never hook up with an idler like Tim. Most of the story lines are just "off", IMO.

I'm blown away with the superb acting by Hesmondaigh and Neilson, though.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
There's an interesting article about Hayley Cropper's story here:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/oct/23/coronation-street-hayley-cropper-changed-soaps

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to remember about Todd. It was a sad story when Todd & Sarah's baby died. Sarah's heart was broken but I guess I remember it as being that Todd loved Sarah but was realizing that he was gay. I remember that Todd hit on Nick and I think that Nick had a part in their breakup. But I also remember him as being the model teen - didn't get into trouble, took school seriously, liked by everyone.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Nice article Puzzled. Thanks for posting.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
this may explain the Tina Peter thing going on:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Tina leaves the street. Well that explains that, I did not see this story line going anywhere

As For David:

Spoiler
I read ahead in the Uk and looks like he moves back home.

This spoiler (re: Todd) I know I already posted but putting it here again:

Spoiler
Todd breaks up Maria and Marcus. marcus moves back to London

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I really dont like the way the writers mess with the characters and put them in the most ridiculous situations! Sure they need drama and excitement in the stories, but a character we have grown to know over years, shouldnt be doing thngs we all know they just wouldnt do!

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, January 03, 2014 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
YVW, Lawrie. I agree, Cable. Characters shouldn't be changed just for a silly story line.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pippin. Didn't know about Todd.

Something that I used to like about Corrie is that characters didn't tend to change personalities, age inappropriately, disappear without notice, etc. It would be nice to get back to that!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Lawrie: thats what I liked about the show too! Also that the characters were sometimes dumpy and unatractive everyday type people that you could relate to! Now that street seems to pack more crime, adultery and newcomers popping by than any street in history!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Imo Sally has always thought any man is better than none. She spends very little time single.

The whole Tina /peter thing is belch. I know they are using it as a springboard for her to leave, who knows why she would want to leave as she is so popular. Maybe it is to break peter and Carla up as well. I did prefer drunk peter to this wussy peter.

I don't think that Julie's partner was ever to keen on kids, I remember him being quite relieved when she wasn't pregnant. They really weren't going anywhere, and I do like Julie. I love how the character dresses it is just perfect for her.

Todd, boy has he changed. He is so smarmy, and the only one who sees it is Jason. In good corrie style I'm sure he'll get his comuppence. But not til,after he wrecks havoc on everyone's lives. And that appears to be the purpose of bringing him back. Too bad, he was such a nice guy.

I'd like amber to return.

I always find corrie has peaks and valleys. And usually for me a valley coincides with a peak on Eastenders! ( you think corrie was behind! This is on vision and it is just January 2012)

I don't find anything with the Platt's out of character though, lol! Anything goes with them. I do hope having Nick with Kal will bring about improvements and they can move on with the story. I know in RL it is totally different but this is fiction.

The story with Derek and Gloria is also a big blah. Tim is actually starting to grow on me. They do have some funny exchanges.

Yup poor Steve. I enjoy seeing him interacting with Lloyd and Eileen in the cab office the most, or even with Amy. He has a good rapport with that little girl.

Aside - I've been watching the second season of Scott and Bailey. It is like a Brit Cagney and Lacey with Suranne Jones (Karen). The show concept was hers and Sally Lindsay's (Shelley). I believe she was to be Scott but was pregnant. She does play Surannes sister. It is a very good cop show. As well the captain is played by Amelia Bullmore who was Des' wife, can't remember her name.

I always play Corrie sighting when I watch British shows. I think Suranne has been fairly busy since leaving Corrie but a lot of others don't fair so well. The actor who plays Todd, Bruno Langley was in Doctor Who for a bit, but I don't know what else. I hope Tina finds some success but I bet they'll leave that door open for her. All the men I know that watch drool over Katie and Tina.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I guess with Hailey being so sick, I found Christmas on the Street not as fun or charming as it usually is. Everyone was trying, but it seemed hollow. Except for Christmas dinner with Deirdre and Eccles!
I hate Kylie's stupid whining, Nick's ridiculous mood swings--why was he allowed to leave the hospital again?--and Tina and Peter wouldnt ordinarily say more than hello to each other. Now we are supposed to believe they have this torrid thing going on?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I have to admit it, I find Tina's hair, with that floppy thing on top of her head, very annoying.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I actually gasped when Nick connected. I did not see that happening at all.

It has been a sad Christmas so far. Hopefully tonights ep will move to the Rovers and be a heck of a lot happier. The scenes at the Barlows were the funniest of that episode.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Last night's conclusion to Christmas was quite charming and those 2 snowmen at the end made me tear up a little--so sweet! At first it seemed that Christmas was going to be a let down with all the fighting and turmoil. But every year they manage to get in a little magic moment. I'll never forget Ashley Peacock's Christmas wedding and the horse and sleigh with him and his bride--they even had snow like last night!

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Puzzled - I'm glad I'm not alone in my opinion of Tina's hair. I don't usually notice appearances very much but that hair is annoying and makes her look older.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
her hair is like the older ladies on Road to Avonlea or Green Gables. lol big round floppy thing with a knot in the middle.

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
omg! CS has changed and my head is spinning. R&H storyline is getting political and maybe trying too hard to keep abreast with British society according to the article; it's like the writers forget CS is just a story about everyday people on a street and the writers can end a storyline as they see fit instead of forcing themselves to be PC....

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I took that article in a totally different way than you did Trini. Corrie has always had story lines that run parallel to topics of the moment and I feel that along the years they have been instrumental in bringing lots of issues to the foreground and maybe took some of the stigma away in discussing said issues. I don't think that the storyline has become political. I do think that the assisted suicide swerve the story was taking was probably a hot button, but they do seem to have moved that to the background and are focusing more on Hayley and her effect on the people around her. I shall miss her character and I do hope that we don't see Roy fade into the background with her loss. Jmo I'm not trying to change anyone's mind!

Why has no one other than me mentioned that smack! He really cracked her one. It sounded like he actually hit her!

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 1:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Jasper when was that did Roy hit her? I mostly watch on sunday.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
That smack scene was, IMO, very silly. Everyone was carrying on and Nick was visibly getting more and more upset. For weeks they've been saying how Nick couldn't handle chaos, yet not ONE of these idiots stopped carrying on as he got more and more agitated.