TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 10, 2014 users admin

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Just on your reccomendation ladies, I will also check it out.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's the 1st half hour. Too violent for me. You guys enjoy. I'm out.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Almost Human - I'll tune in again tomorrow for the 2nd episode. The first part was slow at first but I think there was a lot to set up about the variations in "synthetics", back stories, etc. At the end, you get the idea that the relationship between these two 'partners' could be good.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 2:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow night (Monday) there's a documentary called "Whoopi Goldberg presents Moms Mabley" on HBO.

If you're as old as the hills like I am, you might just remember her....a very funny old woman with no teeth doing standup back in the 60s.

This show airs tomorrow night at 9pm and again several more times during the week on HBO and some of the other HBO multiplex channels.

Check it out!

'Whoopi Goldberg Presents Moms Mabley' review: Gotta love her

moms

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/tv/whoopi-goldberg-presents-moms-mabley-review-gotta-love-her-1.6442691

--------------

Found a clip of Moms!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Av5MkVfdLY

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to watching the Moms documentary. I remember seeing her on shows like Merv Griffin when I was young and just always laughing whenever she came on.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I really liked Almost Human.. lots of potential there and hopefully the story will get more interesting with the relationship between human and the ''almost human' droid..

At least here they're still using machines for the good of society... we've seen already too many show where machines took over the world...

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Oh and I did like Almost Human too.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It's getting really good with the second episode, you get the feeling of a much farther future and the technology mindboggling and the natural acceptance by society of these androids which are however the new toys for criminals.

I could do without some 'sappy' moments but hopefully they'll keep that hard edge going...

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kirstie Alley's new sitcom called "Kirstie" starts tonight on TVLAND channel.

It also stars Rhea Perlman and Michael Richards.

Here's the official site:
http://www.tvland.com/shows/kirstie

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, December 04, 2013 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The Kirstie sitcom could be fun.

And in January there will be an episode where Rhea Perlman sees her ex husband for whom she still has feelings....played by George Wendt (Norm on Cheers)!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
PBS Masterpiece has released the first promo touting its upcoming Sunday one-two punch of Downton [Abbey] Season 4 (bowing Jan. 5 at 9 pm) and Sherlock Season 3 (premiering Jan. 19 at 9:58 pm immediately following Downton)

http://tvline.com/2013/12/19/sherlock-downton-abbey-pbs-video/

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Awesome, I was wondering when exactly DA was going to start. Going to mark it on my calendar immediately. Thanks Kitt. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 20, 2013 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Premiering Monday Jan 13th on Syfy:
Lost Girl Season 4 at 8pm
Being Human Season 4 at 9pm
Bitten Season 1 at 10pm

little video about Bitten at the link:
http://tvline.com/2013/12/20/lost-girl-season-4-being-human-bitten-syfy-promo/

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Impractical Jokers" is back for season 3 on Thursday, Jan. 2, on TRUTV.

They have a preview on this page.
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/....3-premiere-preview-VIDEO

This show isn't one of those mean practical joke shows. It's 4 best friends who try to make fools out of each other, not other people.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Assets, an eight part miniseries based on spying during the cold war, premieres tonight on ABC

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/video/sneak-peek-assets-21351522

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt, I just saw that in my paper and was wondering what it was about.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 06, 2014 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I watched about half of The Assets and gave up.

New show premieres this week:

Intelligence on CBS, 9pm Tues (Josh Holloway is a high-tech intelligence operative enhanced with a super-computer microchip in his brain)

Killer Women on ABC, 10pm Tues (drama about female Texas Rangers)

Chicago PD on NBC, 10.01pm Wed (spin-off of Chicago Fire)

Enlisted on Fox, 9.30pm Fri (comedy about three brothers on a Florida Army base)

Helix on Syfy, 10pm Fri (thriller about researchers from the CDC who "find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that may hold the key to mankind's salvation or total annihilation")

(I might have missed some!)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Watched the premiere of The Best Laid Plans (Cdn) last evening and although it took awhile to get into it, by the end dh and I both agreed it was worth watching more.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Can't wait to see Josh Holloway back on my tv tonight!!! Have the dvr all set.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto, Snoops! :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I watched the premiere of The Tunnel on FX Canada on Tuesday. I found it riveting.

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
I like the idea behind the "Kirstie" Show, but not all of the characters. I don't like the son. He's too creeped out for me. He just doesn't get any sympathy from me and I assume that's what I'm supposed to feel for him. However, he's an adult, with no job, no social life, no goals, and he's sponging off of Kirstie now that his adopted parents are passed on. Plus, he's forever standing around with his mouth hanging open. They should have got someone cute, or attractive instead of someone so off kilter....I guess that I can't get the idea that he is her son. Plus now that they are showing Kathy Griffith (sp?) being a guest on the show, I pretty much have lost interest. It could be a good show, but I just can't get into the son, he's such a turn off. Also, John Travolta was a guest and he looked like he had a wax mask on...and they made him act like he was a simpleton.... just bad writing.

Carrly

09-28-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carrly a private message Print Post    
And I couldn't stop looking at John Travolta's hair! It looked like it was painted on. It was creepy. I do like Rhea, Michael and Kirstie, but I forget when the show is on so I have only seen a couple episodes. It is much better than comedies on the regular channels. The son just doesn't have much to do on the show, his part is pretty one-dimensional.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Looking starts January 19th on HBO.

'Looking' offers up the unfiltered experiences of three close friends living -- and loving -- in modern-day San Francisco. Friendship may bind them, but each is at a markedly different point in his journey: Patrick (Jonathan Groff) is the 29-year-old video game designer getting back into the dating world in the wake of his ex's engagement; aspiring artist Agustín (Frankie J. Alvarez), 31, is questioning the idea of monogamy amid a move to domesticate with his boyfriend; and the group's oldest member -- longtime waiter Dom (Murray Bartlett), 39 -- is facing middle age with romantic and professional dreams still unfulfilled.

http://www.hbo.com/looking

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
Yeah Carrly, and his widow's peak, what was that about??? And the dark dark tan, it made him look like he needed a bath. He looked bad, really bed. I kept stopping the Tivo and trying to see if I could tell if it was a toupe but it was too short to be a toupe... it had to be paint. It was tooooo perfect.