TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: BBC TV Shows: Archive through November 10, 2013 users admin

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rieann. I did see a lot of the episode as I sort of gave up on SVU.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
'Broadchurch': David Tennant to star in Fox remake

Fox has cast a very familiar face to headline its remake of Broadchurch.

EW has learned that David Tennant, who headlined the U.K. version on ITV that drew more than 10 million viewers for its season finale, will reprise his role as Detective Inspector Alec Hardy for American audiences. The Scottish actor best known to fanboys as the 10th Doctor on Doctor Who earned rave reviews for his portrayal of a sad (and physically ill) divorcee who investigates the death of a boy in a seaside town.

Fox announced last summer that it will remake the 8-episode series for the 2014-15 season. (The drama also aired recently on BBC America). The U.S. version, which may go by a different title, will feature Tennant as an American detective who is the lead male investigator on the case of a shocking murder that puts a small town under scrutiny. The series' original creator, Chris Chibnall, will write the premiere episode for Fox while Dan Futterman (Capote) and Anya Epstein (In Treatment) have signed on as executive producers and showrunners. Production will begin in January on the series, which will be distributed by Shine America in association with Kudos and Imaginary Friends.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/02/broadchurch-david-tennant-fox-remake/

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree about the 'Broadchurch' ending, but as Mamie said the quality of the show was top-notch. I enjoyed the relationship that progressed between Hardy and Miller.

I worry when they do US remakes (see above), but we will have David Tennant again which is always a good thing. Hopefully they create a compelling storyline.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am so glad that Fox was smart enough to snatch up David Tennant!

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I can only hope that when Det. Alex Hardy comes to our American screen that I can understand his speech more than I did when it was originally aired. I enjoyed the British show very much but could NEVER understand what he was saying. The other characters I could get but him...never.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My sister was just saying last night that she wondered if he would speak in a British accent on the Fox show and I said I hope not because I loved the Scottish!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
David Tennant = Best Dr. ever.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I LOVE his Scottish accent too, Mamie. I agree it can be hard to make out at times, Irsnappy. That is when the closed captions come in handy for me.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
I hate to admit this but I lost interest and didn't see the last 2 episodes....who was the killer?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Irsnappy, it was Ellie(the police detective)'s husband Joe. They made it seem like it was everyone else in Broadchurch but him. He was having some weird kind of relationship with him that hadn't progressed from hugging (but I am sure would have).

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"The Graham Norton Show" is back on
Sat, Oct. 19! :-) Yay!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Great news, Naja!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mamie316, Have you heard when "The Nerdist" will be back? I know you love that show as much as I do!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I haven't heard anything yet. I was just watching Chris on Web Soup.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Mamie, well well well now I have to try picking my jaw up from the floor (and wish I had saved the last episode). yikes that must have been a shock. Now I have to try to find it on the computer to see how that played out....geez. Thanks for info.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
"The Paradise" premiered on Masterpiece Classics last night (the eight-part series first aired in England last year). Period drama - appears to be set in mid-to-late Victorian days. It revolves around a department store and the characters connected with it from all stations in life.

The storylines were thin-to-hackneyed and, with the exception of a few, the characters weren't particularly well-drawn. The show is well cast in the leads, and the costumes are luscious. Not sure I'll waste much more time watching the series, though. When the show was over I wondered why I'd stayed up so late, because nothing unpredictable happened and I don't really care what happens next.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Naja, just saw that Benedict Cumberbatch is on the first Graham Norton show. Makes it even better!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It feels like he was just on it, but I guess it's already been 5 or 6 months.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mamie316, I finally went and looked up more about The Nerdist. It seems once it became a regular weekly tv show, it started in March. I guess we probably still quite of a wait :-(

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight on Graham Norton, Harrison Ford said he would play Indiana Jones one more time in a New York Minute! Yay!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Harrison is quite the fuddy duddy. He did have a few moments where he made me laugh. Love my Benedict Cumberbatch. The comedian on tonight was very funny. Loved him.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
The comedian with Benedict and Harrison was a hoot. I'm happy Graham is back with a new season.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just read that Sherlock will be back on January 19th! Can't wait.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Woo hoo!! Thanks, Mamie. :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed mini series Mr. Selfridge. I think it's complete in those eight episodes. But something said at the end made me think there could be more / another season? Yet I don't know what they could add to make it a continuing series. Does anyone know?