TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 27, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Orange is the New Black: General Discussion Entire Series - Orange is the New Black: Archive through December 27, 2013 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my new guilty pleasure! This show is so well acted. Anyone watching?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Saw it when they first released it. Awesome show I will be watching season two when that comes out! Surprising cast that fits great together.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess Crazy Eyes is one of my favs but I love all the characters.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What channel? I have never heard of this one.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
its on netflix. its based on a real person

Crazy eyes broke my heart when she asked her why they called her crzy eyes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thats why. When did netflix turn into a channel, did I miss something, LOL?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Utterly scrumptious show from the woman who created Showtime's "Weeds" - wonderful cast, too, including Kate Mulgrew, who is nearly unrecognizable as Red, the kitchen boss. It's a long, long way from the ingenue (of sorts) she played on "Ryan's Hope" back in the '70s.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Dipo. Not so much a channel as they've branched out and are now creating their own original series' which are shown only on their streaming venue. You have to be subscribed to Netflix streaming to see it.

But if you are, this is a great one to watch. I love Crazy Eyes too. She means well, but there's something that's off too. And Red...it wasn't until about 3 episodes in that I realized that was Kate Mulgrew. She does an awesome job.

I think I read the next season will upload in January. Sounds like a good time for a Orange Is the New Black marathon while putting together a jigsaw puzzle as the snow flies outside.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Love this show & wow what an ending huh? I'm assuming Piper is going to get more time now.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Taryn Manning is good as the religious zealot. They all are good in their roles. They have shown a few of the characters back stories but if they showed Crazy Eyes I missed it. I wonder why she has white parents?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
OMG I just finished the season. The ending was shocking! I cant believe she did that.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, August 19, 2013 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize until last week that this is based off of a non-fiction book written by Piper Kerman. She spent time in Danbury prison on drug-related conspiracy charges. I've been reading the book this weekend and it's pretty interesting. You can see where characters are pulled from in real life. I recommend the book as well.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
We just finished watching the first season. When it first came out, did they show one episode a week or was the whole season available at one time?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Netflix released the entire season at once, just like they did with the 4th season of Arrested Development and (I think) House of Cards.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am finally getting around to watching it. I caught the first episode and loved it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I tried watching Orange Is the New Black twice. Just can't get into it.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Thank you SanFran!

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I just binge watched all 13 episodes . . enjoyed this show very much. I love all the characters and story lines. But is it true we have to wait until next spring or summer for another episode????

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The press release within this announcement only mentions "2014" and that production of season two began in late summer:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/netfilx-renews-orange-is-the-new-black-for-second-season/

Gumby

08-14-2004

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Gldnlvr, I've heard that the premier date hasn't been set yet.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, December 27, 2013 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Watching on Netflix and enjoying........not as much as "Scandal" .........but enjoying.

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, December 27, 2013 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I really like several of the characters (her lesbian ex-lover, the batshit crazy Born-Again, and Crazy Eyes, for example) but the main character, Piper, is a bit too insipid and beige-y for the part, imo. Not a bad show though, despite her. And given the season's ending, maybe she's finally found her backbone.

One thing that really bothered me though was the turnaround in her "advisor's" (the guard whose married to the mail-order Russian bride) attitude toward her. I think I must have missed something. Anyone know what caused him to turn against her so quickly and so much?

Gumby

08-14-2004

Friday, December 27, 2013 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Holly, I'm guessing but I think the guards attitude toward her changed because he got jealous of her lover being in there with her. I kind of think he has a huge crush on her.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 27, 2013 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think I may take a look at this one. It seems different.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Friday, December 27, 2013 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I thought he wanted her to do something for him and she said no so he is making her life difficult. It's been so long I can't remember though.