TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 17, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Definitely putting that one on the list, thanks Sanfran! There are a lot of new shows I'm interested in this coming season. Not sure I've had so many to try for years.

Saggkl, as long as you've seen the full first season of Orphan Black (10 episodes, ended June(?)ish) there are no new Orphan Black until next year.

Rissa, yeah, the last few episodes have been better but I'm finding some of the characters a bit stupid(? for want of a better word). I'm glad it's got a good ending though, it was such a good show the first couple of seasons. I miss George.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
There have been a few attempts at doing the human/android police pairing. In the early 90's, there was a show on called Mann & Machine, that starred David Andrews as the human and Yancy Butler as his android partner. Then, in the late 90's there was another attempt called Total Recall 2070, starring Michael Easton as the human and Karl Pruner as the android partner, with Cynthia Preston also a regular. Mann & Machine only made it 9 episodes before cancellation, and Recall 2070 made 22 episodes. Hopefully "Almost Human" will be the 3rd time charm of the group.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Syfy Aquiries New Zealand Series - The Almighty Johnsons

One of my favorite shows!! It's about 4 brothers (and their surfer-dude grandfather) who have inherited the powers of Norse Gods. I am almost at the end of season 3 and every episode just gets funnier and more outrageous. Not PG though so be warned.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Robocop was one of my favorite movies...LOL!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. It sounds like a good show. I will see if they have it at Netflix and catch up.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Rissa, that show sounds outrageous. I can't wait to watch it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 18, 2013 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lycan did the last Primeval New World episode you watched (with the scorpians) leave you with "To Be Continued"? That wasn't the last episode... just watching now and the next episode they aired (which luckily I taped) was billed as "The Great Escape" (a repeat) but was actually the finale "Sound of Thunder Part 2." I don't know if that's just my Directv mucking up or if it was the same for everyone. Basically if you haven't seen a finale with Connor Temple back in it you haven't seen the real finale.

The best streaming I could find of it was one youtube and it's pretty awful resolution... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dW4HCKzRDA Hopefully you can find a better version of it if you didn't see it.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I saw the last one. The "changed something". I wish we got to see what. Would've been fun.

Just watched "Rewind" tonight. It wasn't as good as the pilot for the new "Time Tunnel" back in 2002, but it was good enough to get a pick up for SyFy, IMO. It's too bad, I'd love a good time-travel based series. Not like Continuum, but one like Time Tunnel where they go to different times and places. Doctor Who satisfies some of that, but not all.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, the most hysterically bad movies are playing today, they are shark related. I am watching Jersey Shore and I am laughing so hard, it is toooo funny.

And I see Ghost Shark and Sharknato will be on later tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, the acting is so bad, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Seriously you know the shark is in the water so why don't you get into the water on the side of the barrier where the shark is not.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG now it is Sharktopus!!!!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, this one is really, really bad. Thank goodness for the Perry Mason marathon on The Hallmark Movie Channel.

Damn all these sharks head for Puerto Vallarta!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, the bratty kids just got killed, yeah!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think they use the same small boy in all these shows and he always, almost gets killed and then they save him.

Now if the shark would just get the reporter girl, she deserves to be eaten. And there she goes, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I can't remember the name of this movie, maybe it is Super Shark, but the best line ever. "It ate the Queen of the Beach", LOL.

It also ate the runner up, she actually had a sah that said runner up. Syfy channel is really entertaining me today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OK, so we had Ghost Shark, I recognized one of the "teen" actors, but I can't figure out from where. And even if it is a B movie I do think they should complete the plotline and it didn't feel like they did. They left stuff hanging IMO.

LOL now it is sharknado. I have seen parts of this one bt I wanted to see the beginning to figure out how the shark tornado started.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Which "teen" actor do you think you recognized?

On IMDB, I see that the girl who played Ruthie Campden on 7th Heaven is listed at the top of the cast roster. I wonder if it was her. Now I"m gonna have to watch it again and see her all grown up.

I didn't much care for her character on 7th Heaven. I found her (the character) to be a little bratty snot who got away with everything. LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I am sad, George got killed! He saved the dog, he shouldn't be killed.

Oh, maybe the shark will spit him out since he is so boozed up, I don't think that is any harder to believe than a shark tornado, LOL>

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, stupid-ass boyfriend eaten, that is good, at least I think he is, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, WHoami, that's who it is!!! Thank you, I kept trying to place her and it wouldn't come to me.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Haven is back, and is feeling very Stephen King-ish at this point, but I am grateful that Syfy is returning with some new programming in the show genres that I like.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Anyone catch "Sleepy Hollow" last night? I wasn't sure what to expect, but I really liked it. Feels a bit like earlier seasons of Supernatural.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've recorded it but haven't watched yet. Glad to hear you liked it. Maybe you could start a thread for it, Scout?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Same here. On the DVR waiting for me.