TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 03, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 03, 2013 users admin

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Sunday, July 14, 2013 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja. I guess I was hoping I could transfer my stuff. Oh well I am sure they can do it but I know Comcast will say that they cannot. But thanks again.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Are there any former fans of "Jericho"? I just read that Netflix has approached CBS about reviving it, and CBS is considering it!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Hi Whirlwnd, I agree with you! lol loved Jericho

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
That would be awesome! Now I have to think back and wonder how many of them are working on other projects right now. Not many off the top of my head though.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I loved Jericho, too!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Jasper, :-)

Oh... I got so excited when I happened across that article that I forgot to look at the date. :-( The article I read is dated Feb of this year. I don't see anything more recent, though, so not sure where it stands as of now.

I think I'll re-watch those 2 seasons anyway, though. :-) And I'll definitely be on the look-out for more current news.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Lakecat,
Yes, I am watching Orange is the New Black. Just watched the first ep so far. Anything by the creator of Weeds has to be good. I want to read Piper's memoir now.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too. So weeds is by the same guy. I haven't seen Weeds I guess I could try it since its on Netflix too.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ahhh, I was just coming on here to ask about Orange is the new Black. I've watched about half the season so far. I like the story. There are some pretty crude parts and they're pretty funny, but for some reason I see some of the scenes and think to myself "was it necessary to get the point of the story across?" Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. And I'm the least prudish person on this board.

In any case, yes I do like the story and will likely finish the season in the next week.

Just a correction for RS...yes it's created by the same person wo did Weeds, but believe it or not, it's not a guy. It's a woman. You'd think with all the crudeness and bathroom humor it was a man, wouldn't you?

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Yes, I know Jenji Kohan, the producer is a woman, Lake did not know. Only watched 2 eps so far, but since it is in a prison, I would expect it to be crude, no matter which gender is producing it. I am sure the reality is even worse.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Time Warner Cable Drops CBS Network From Lineup

CBS Corp.'s CBS (-0.64%) flagship broadcast network was dropped from Time Warner Cable Inc.'s TWC (-0.49%) TV service in New York, Los Angeles and other major markets Friday after long-running negotiations between the companies failed to reach a deal on fees.

<snip>

About three million subscribers were expected to be affected by a blackout, which covers CBS Corp.'s Showtime premium channel as well as CBS.

<snip>

Time Warner Cable has warned that it could put another network into CBS's channel slot permanently after a blackout. The cable operator said last week it was in talks with several programmers to take the slot.

<snip>

LINK to online.wsj.com

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody caught a show called "Holliston" on fearnet? I don't have the channel, but I do have fearnet on-demand and season 2 is in there right now, but I had to go find a download for season 1. I just found the show the other day.

It's a sitcom about 2 young guys from Holliston, Mass., who host a cable show about scary movies. Their life ambition is to make horror films. It's really silly and fun, but definitely not for everybody's taste. The guy who owns the cable station where the two guys work is Twisted Sister's Dee Snider.

Here's a trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy5ktm9hBEw

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
On Sunday mornings one of our local stations has started showing an old show that started in 1959 called "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis".

I decided I would give it a try since 1959 is the year my mom started high school and she told me it was a show she never missed. She loved it.

I had no idea so many things I had heard about came from that show. Like the name "Maynard G. Krebs". I have heard that name used to insult someone, and never questioned from where it came. And didn't even realize that Gilligan from Gilligan's Island is basically Bob Denver playing his Maynard role again! The dopey sidekick.

I am enjoying it.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
This is pretty funny. Who knew Stephen Merchant was such a wild man.

Lip Sync Battle with Joseph Gordon Levitt, Stephen Merchant and Jimmy Fallon

9min 50sec
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ajQ-foj2Q

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG, those guys are hilarious! I am so looking forward to Stephen Merchant's new show "Hello Ladies" this Sunday on HBO.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up! I didn't realize it was starting this Sunday. I'm looking forward to it as well.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to that one too.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Rieann, that link was hilarious!

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Yes, that link was so funny!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
John Riordan is a friend I've known for over 20 years via Frontrunners, the national gay and lesbian running club we both belonged to. He sent me this note earlier today about the profile Lesley Stahl and the "60 Minutes" team is doing about him this coming Sunday night! All the details are below. I hope you'll tune in to learn more about John's heroism. Even though it took 38 years to get publicized, I'm sure it was worth the wait.

---------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:50 AM
Subject: John Riordan/CBS 60 MINUTES

Dear Friends, I am pleased to tell you that I just received word from the Producers of CBS/60 Minutes that OUR STORY OF CITIBANK'S 1975 EVACUATION FROM VIETNAM is scheduled to air this Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 6 P.M. (Central Time, please see your local listings) or later depending on how long the football game lasts. If you are unable to view it from your location, or at this time, you can see it on line at: http://www.cbsnews.com/60-minutes/ after October 13.

I will be emailing all those on my contact list that were involved in this story, those who supported the story and those who have expressed interest in hearing more about the story. However, my contact list may not be fully up to date, so feel free to pass this information on to anyone who would not want to miss this or who you feel would be interested. Thanks!

Today in my local Wisconsin County newspaper, the Ozaukee Press, there is an article that might offer a little "trailer" to Sunday's showing which, I am told, is going to be 10 or 15 minutes in length. You may click the following link to see the Ozaukee Press article:

http://www.ozaukeepress.com/component/content/article/49-feature-1/4651-a-great-rescue-story

Best regards, and cheers,
John

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Cinemax Releases ‘Strike Back: Origins - Featuring The Walking Dead’s Andrew Lincoln

Strike Back‘s third season just came to a close and now Cinemax is flashing back to the series U.K. roots with Strike Back: Origins, a prequel featuring a pre-zombie fighting Andrew Lincoln (The Walking Dead) from 2010. An extensive behind-the-scenes trailer reveals more about Section 20′s beginnings and the agents who were fighting bad guys before Scott and Stonebridge arrived on the scene.

John Porter (Richard Armitage) takes center stage in the trailer as a soldier who failed to kill a child suicide bomber and was left disgraced until he’s given a chance at a second mission. Check out the trailer below. Are you excited to see the six-part original Strike Back?

Strike Back: Origins airs Friday, October 25th at 10PM on Cinemax.

Article and background trailer link:
http://tinyurl.com/njjbkqe

You Tube main trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89W1zcXmVto

NOTE: This series is MUCH better than the "Skinemax" version which I found dreadful. Plus you can't go wrong with Andrew Lincoln and Richard Armitage.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I just got done watching American Blackout on the National Geographic channel. I admit I always enjoy these type of movies in that I wonder how we would react if it were to really happen.

I don't think I could ever go as far as the Doomday Preppers but I do believe in being prepared for floods, emergencies, etc.

Anyone else watch?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Currently on PBS out of NY they are airing The Paradise. I can't help but compare it to Mr Selfridge as I watch. But a much slower version. I was a little bored by it and it does seem to be almost a carbon copy so far. I thought Mr Selfridge was based on a real person and this is based on a book. I prefer Mr Selfridge for the pacing and energy.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Jasper, The Paradise came out before Mr. Selfridge. The Parade has started Season 2.

PBS gets the shows long after they've been shown in the UK most of the time. With Sherlock being so delayed this year, PBS might get the next season right after it's shown in the UK.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I did look it up to see year wise and it appears they aired Mr S first. Have you seen The Paradise? Does it get better? I recorded two eps tonight so I will give it another go. So far there is something missing for me.

And it always annoys me that all the PBS stations don't air things at the same time.