TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 17, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through November 17, 2013 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I'm not liking 2 1/2 men any more. The characters just seem to get dumber and dumber. IMO

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Lucky 7 has been cancelled all ready.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sigh - Well I'll be deleting my recordings then.

Punkaroo

05-30-2006

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkaroo a private message Print Post    
Was there something different about how they filmed the last 2 1/2 men show? It just seemed weirdly shot to me.....lighting, camera angles, close ups....can't put my finger on it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I didn't notice.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched THe Goldbergs -- that new sitcom about the family in the 80's? It looks to me like it's trying to be like the wonder years meets Malcolm in the Middle. It was kind of entertaining as a child of the 80's, but I don't see this one lasting long. I only watched 1 ep so far.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I watched The Goldbergs and liked it. We must be around the same age. The skating and the clothes seem early 80s to me, but not much else. I don't think it will last, but I enjoy it enough where I'll watch it until it's over.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
America's Funniest Home Videos starts its 24th season tomorrow, Sunday. ABC

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Got caught up on the Goldbergs and I have to say that the show does make me laugh. I'm sure it isn't long for the airwaves.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There's an article in the Chicago Trib -- call for extras for a new series "Chicago PD" which is expected to premiere sometime early next year.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 4:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Been a few weeks now, Crossing Lines and The Blacklist are my two faves from among the new shows. Last Tango in Halifax isn't too shabby either and The Tomorrow People seems to be our new the-whole-family-watches-together show. Back in the Game is the only sitcom that I am still watching. Have other new shows that we are still watching but they aren't wowing me the way I was hoping (ie Marvel).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Graham Norton starts Saturday on BBCA!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody has the Sundance channel, a very creepy French series from 2012 is starting tonight, Halloween.

The Returned
(French w/ subtitles)

In an idyllic French mountain town, a seemingly random collection of people find themselves in a state of confusion as they attempt to return to their homes. What they do not yet know is that they have been dead for several years, and no one is expecting them back. As they struggle to reintegrate with their families and past lovers, buried secrets emerge and new mysteries develop as they grapple with a miraculous and sinister new reality. But it seems they are not the only ones to have returned from the dead. Their arrival coincides with a series of gruesome murders which bear a chilling resemblance to the work of a serial killer from the past.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/the-returned

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I decided I couldn't wait until tonight for that show "The Returned" that I posted about right above, so I downloaded the first ep, and OMG, this show is so good. The French name is "Les Revenents".

After seeing the first ep, I don't think I can wait and watch it weekly, so I am off to download the whole season. It has 8 eps.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
oops, I misspelled the French name of the series. It's "Les Revenants". I just finished ep 5 and I can't stop watching. As the stories unfold it's looking like everyone may have some specific reason to have come back from the dead. (they aren't like typical zombies, they seem just like normal people who came back from the dead somehow). Some have been dead as much as 25 years, some only a few years. And they are just as confused by it themselves as everyone else. One girl was a twin, so when she comes back, her twin is older now than she is. Plus, one of the people that came back is a murderer.

I can't stress enough how good this show is, you guys. So if you have Sundance channel, please give it a try. The U.S. premiere is tonight.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
is the soundtrack in French? Sounds like a really good show but I don't know that I have the concentration to read subtitles and my French is a little rusty!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's in French with English subtitles. But it's so good you won't even mind! I promise.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ok I have set it to tape... have to see if I can watch without multi-tasking! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I fished the whole season 1, Kitt. It is so disturbing! I loved it. It says season 2 starts in France in 2014, so I hope I can find it online and not have to wait for it to come to Sundance.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just watched the funniest web series pilot episode of a show call "Alpha House" on amazon.

It's about 4 Republican Senators that share a house in D.C..

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-HD/dp/B00CDBTQCW

It's raunchy and irreverent, so if you don't like that kind of stuff, it's not for you. DH and laughed so hard when a couple of the senators got drunk and were shooting guns in the basement....LOL

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
The goldbergs got picked up for a full season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Don't forget Almost Human premieres tonight and tomorrow (normal night will then be Mondays). Not sure if it's going to be scifi or a cop show or both.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I'll be watching Kitt. So glad it's going to stay on Mondays. It clashes tonight with TAR and Once Upon a Time for me. Gonna have to go ahead and DVR it in place of Once, and catch Once on On Demand later. TAR isn't on On Demand (don't know why, it should be as far as I'm concerned). And can't count on Almost Human being on On Demand, since it's new and I have no idea if they'll have it available or not.

Actually, I'll probably record TAR and Almost Human on the DVR, then bypass the DVR and switch the TV over to Live TV and watch the Bronco Game tonight.

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Kitt - I know what you mean - it was kind of hard to tell from the previews exactly what it is going to be about. I'm watching mostly to see Karl Urban. I loved him in the Star Trek movies.

I'm like you, Whoami, I am going to have to DVR it. There are too many shows on Sunday night that I like!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Like Scout, the minute I saw Karl Urban, I knew I would be watching. Hopefully I also like the writing/storyline.