TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 26, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 26, 2013 users admin

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I love Steve, but why does Michelle talk down to him in such as nasty manner, the way she yelled at him when she knew about the pub, calling him stupid. Well I do not like her.

Who is the couple all friendly with Haley, did I blink?

Steve should get a new girl!

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
There she is again insulting Steve again, so Michelle on your bike, glad Steve walked away when she still went on at him, know what she will want the pub and be glad because she is in a flat without Ryan, and a job she misses..... She is nasty towards him I don't like the insults anymore.
I got that out.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ya, I don't like anyone picking on our Steve! I just finished up the omnibus this morning. Wow, has David really gone back to form after finding Lily is his. The vehemence in his voice when he was talking to Nick in the hospital. Wow! Good acting Jack. He was scary. I loved how they left off with the totally anticlimactic entrance of Liz. lol. Carly and Tina stole her thunder.

Trini - Roy and Hayley met that couple at the cancer support group. It was a fairly brief exchange that we saw initially.

I have to laugh at Sal, she really thinks so highly of herself and her exalted position on the street.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Watched this week's episodes this morning. I am really over the brother against brother story. David has always been a little delinquent but it seems that Nick is showing a side of himself that I don't remember seeing before. Poor David seems to think that people should understand why he tried to kill Nick.

Oh Hailey and Roy. I hate seeing them disagreeing about end-of-life issues. I think there are going to be a few tears shed before this story ends. It is a story that I don't want to see end.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Agree Lawrie, Hailey is afraid of the end and it scares her. Roy called her selfish.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Sad how they ended last week with Hayley so upset and walking out on Roy.

I don't even remember Owen and Liz having a thing, was it that brief? Although I vaguely remember something between Jim and Owen . Very vaguely.

The story with Barry is just going nowhere, let's move it along.

Ohh the saga of the Platt's! Leanne I assume will come back. I actually felt sorry for David, albeit briefly. I think he was truly remorseful at one point and then he lost it in the hospital at Nick. But Nick doesn't seem to be holding it against him. I wonder how the dynamic is going to play out with Kylie. Considering how Eva actively pursued Nick when he was with Leanne she has a lot of nerve blanking Kylie like that.

Fiz and Tyrone are so boring now. Anna and Owen are a big yawn.

Loved the little scene with Steve and the cookie crumbs and several other little scenes he was in.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I hate seeing Leanne all outraged against Nick, when she almost didn't marry him because she wanted Peter! I only see her angry at him all the time when he hasn't done anything! So he would be better off without her and her crazy family--his is bad enough.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I know, she always seems to be in a snit with him. I see no affection or caring from her to him.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Is this the beginning of something with Peter and Tina? They seem very cozy.

I think they handle Tommy living badly. It seemed so lame.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
LOL. I think that you meant Tommy leaving but the way they handled Tommy's living since he returned hasn't been believable to me.

I haven't seen this week's episodes yet but I did catch something about Tina and Peter a while back. Why can't we have another Jack and Vera? I'm trying to think of a couple who have been together for more than five minutes. It would be nice to see Ken and Deirdre back together (I miss Ken and hope that things work out for the actor)

I'm trying to remember - have we met Jason's dad?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
agreed! yup I meant leaving but you are too right. He was like a bookend once Terry left.

And yes we did meet Jason's dad, Tony ages ago but only briefly. I think Eileen entertained getting back with him for a hot minute. Apparently he will be making another appearance.

I think they are going to try to make Fiz and Ty the new Jack and Vera, which is fine they are suited but they are a little boring right now. I think we need Kirsty to reach out from prison to stir things up. Or just something to happen with them.

What is up with the whole Tim and Sally thing. Keep in mind I haven't watched last weeks yet so it might be explained.

And might I say, geez Liz had her assets on display! lol. All I see when she comes on screen is her boobs and the gap in her teeth. She must be missing some molars because I swear it has gotten bigger over the years. Her teeth must be shifting. I just don't remember her having the little lisp she has now.

I'd like to see Barry and Michele NOT return. I do want Kylie to take David back although if she does will we have another blah couple on the cobbles? We need Gail to hook up with another seemingly mild man who turns bad under her care.
Nice of Dev to give Chesney the job.

I was watching Waterloo Road (all seasons are on youtube, great show) I'm on season 7 and a new character was introduced. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out who it was. I did have to google the character and who was it but Sinead Tinker. She is a redhead (it appears natural) on Waterloo Road and about 5 years younger. I'd recommend this show to anyone and you can go right back to the beginning it is all on youtube by this great poster. It is an addicting show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think someone posted this before, but I think this is a great blog! Caution spoilers!
http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.ca/

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Did we ever see Tommy leave I don't think I missed an episode.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Nope. Poof he was gone.i guess they had to scramble to come up with something to explain it.

Missy890

05-24-2011

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 3:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
Jasper great blog. I love it. Thank you for posting.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Getting rid of Tommy was so ridiculous! I dont think the fans were all horrified and offended by his stupid video antics!
Soon Kevin should be back and what will he make of Sally and Tim? I had always thought Sally had more self respect and was not so desparate for companionship!! The fued between her and Anna is funny.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, November 17, 2013 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Snobby Sally and layabout Tim make for an idiotic coupling.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I am very sorry for Nick he has love Leeann since he was a teen.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Nick seems to be making up for all those years of being a door mat and is letting it fly! He really must have sustained brain damage in that accident.
Poor Sally in the clutches of those 2 nasty girls. Another reason to dump Tim.
And poor Eileen is so happy to have her other son home, but, I sense a lot of trouble for our favorite blonde amazon on the street.(She is a very tall woman)

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler Alert:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Charlie Condou, who plays Marcus Dent, is set to leave Coronation Street in a dramatic storyline that is set to rock the cobbles.

Marcus will fall for the charms of the newly returned Todd, leading him to question his feelings for girlfriend Maria.

Charlie has agreed to extend his current contract to early summer 2014 to see the storyline through to its dramatic conclusion.

Speaking of his decision to leave the soap Charlie said: “I've had a fantastic time at Corrie but feel it's time for me to move on. I was only meant to return for three months and ended up staying for three years! The producers have been really supportive and are leaving the door open for Marcus which is great, and my exit will certainly be explosive.”

"My exit will certainly be an explosive storyline...”
- Charlie Condou, who plays Marcus

The character of Marcus set tongues wagging when, despite being openly gay, he fell in love with hairdresser and single mum Maria, they moved in together and he became a father to her son Liam.

Now Todd, played by Bruno Langley, has returned to Weatherfield and he soon sets his sights on Marcus - refusing to believe that the handsome midwife can resist his charms.

Manipulative Todd will get his wish in the New Year in the start of a storyline that will divide the residents of Coronation Street.

Producer Stuart Blackburn said: “I will be incredibly sad to see Charlie go and wish him well for what I know will be an exciting future.”

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Sorry it is from itv.com

I am not surprised the storyline does not seem to be going anywhere.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thats ridiculous. Are the writers hard up for material? A lot of people are not going to like this! Is the character that confused that he doesnt know even at this point?
I am really not liking the Faye/Grace storyline. You can see cruel unbalanced children anywhere. Its such a trendy subject these days I hate to see the show fall for all the obvious topics.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Didn't you just feel for Mary when she was talking to Owen. You could feel the characters pain reliving those schoolyard days. I'm never really a fan of kid stories on the street that totally revolve around them. But I do enjoy appearances by both Amy and Simon I think they are both pretty good actors. Faye just looks sour all the time and Anna is an idiot.

I hate what Todd has turned into. A calculating manipulative little you know what. Jason has him pegged. I did read the spoiler

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I noticed that in the little blurb on the guide this week that they mention Tommy several times. Miss he back or maybe a mistake. It says Tommy confronts Kylie? Tommy becomes suspicious of David? The next day. Can't figure out who that is supposed to be and why he would confront Kylie or who would? I guess I'll find out as the week progresses.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I think Tommy is gone from everything I have read.