TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 12, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grimm: Archive through November 12, 2013 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 20, 2013 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhh that makes sense!

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Grimm goes to Tuesday, will they bring back CSI N.Y?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Grimm is NBC, CSI:NY is CBS, so it's unlikely to make a difference I'd have thought. I think CSI:NY is pretty much over, some of the cast have taken new pilots for next year. Sadly.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
According to NBC.COM, Grimm will air an episode tomorrow, Friday April 26:

NEXT ON
TV-14
Friday, April 26 9/8c TV-14
"Volcanalis"
A new fiery Wesen is out for anyone who steals volcanic rock from its mountain.
Watch a preview »

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/

---------------------

The odd thing is that yesterday when I saw that announcement on NBC.COM, it said the episode airing on the 26th was named "Ring of Fire", but now it says the episode is named "Volcanalis".

Then I found this:

"Volcanalis was a demon-like being that appeared in "Ring of Fire"."
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Volcanalis

TitanTV.com says the episode named "Ring of Fire" airs on Friday, April 26. (This is the episode that was supposed to air last week but was preempted)

My TIVO has a completely different episode listed for Friday, a rerun. Since TIVO thinks a repeat is airing, I had to add it manually.

To complicate things even more, there is a baseball game on NBC Friday, the 26th, in the San Francisco Bay Area, so Grimm will be airing on channel 36-1 over the air (which is cable channel 706 in HD) here instead of on NBC.

Bottom line, I manually set the TIVO to record the episode of Grimm that airs on Friday at 9 pm on channel 706 on Comcast cable. I may get a repeat, I may get "Volcanalis" or I may get "Ring of Fire".

Complicated enough for ya?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just discovered this:

"Grimm - Episode 2.18 - Title Change
Posted by b3rt4 at Thursday, April 25, 2013
Grimm

Episode 2.18 of Grimm (f.k.a. Ring of Fire) is now called "Volcanalis"

"GRIMM"

(X) "VOLCANALIS"

04/26/2013 (09:00PM - 10:01PM) (Friday) : THINGS HEAT UP IN PORTLAND WHEN NICK FACES A VILLAIN UNLIKE ANY OTHER – Nick (David Giuntoli) finds himself fighting a wildly different sort of nature freak in a desperate attempt to keep a volcano from burying Portland in lava. Meanwhile a pregnant Adalind (Claire Coffee) meets a powerful new ally (guest star Shohreh Aghdashloo) in Europe. Meanwhile, Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) seeks out help after becoming overwhelmed by the latest side effect of her recovery - multiple memories of Nick showing up everywhere. Russell Hornsby, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner."

-----------

So, "Volcanalis" = "Ring of Fire". And NBC.COM says it is airing Friday, April 26th.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I set up two different DVRs to record whatever episode comes on Friday night. I don't want to have happen what happened with Revolution this week. Last week's episode got pre-empted by the bombing coverage, so they repeated it this week. It was a new episode, but the DVR recognized it as a rerun since it had originally been scheduled for the week before. A lot of us who record shows got screwed this week (by our recording devices). Hopefully that won't happen with Grimm, but I'm just putting out a warning that you might want to record it manually, cause your DVR may think it's a rerun.

Hope that made sense.

Yacky

07-06-2005

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yacky a private message Print Post    
maybe that's why NBC changed the episode name
to fool the dvr's

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"maybe that's why NBC changed the episode name
to fool the dvr's"

That makes perfect sense and it would work....IF they also updated the schedule database that TIVOs use. My TIVO schedule still shows - episode 202 named "The Kiss" (a repeat) - is airing tomorrow....but everywhere else (nbc.com, titantv.com, tvguide.com) shows either "Ring of Fire" or "Volcanalis" as the name of tomorrow's episode.

If you're using a DVR you should still probably MANUALLY set it. I say "probably" because the schedule MIGHT fix itself overnight when the TIVO connects to the mothership and updates the programming schedule.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 25, 2013 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's what I was trying to say, SFJF! Thank you!

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
Thanks I could not figure out why my DVR was not picking up the new one on friday. I did manually set it but it disappeared on me. I will make sure I watch for it when it comes on. I still have all the episodes from this season saved. I have watched them but want to watch them again this summer.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, and anyone else in the SF Bay area, check channel KICU, that's where the new episode is for me (at least I think so, trying to set my recorder remotely for the first time!).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I just checked my TIVO and it still shows that the episode airing tonight is episode #202, a repeat....yet everywhere I look online, they say tonight they are airing the one that was preempted last week.

TIVO will NOT pick it up using a season pass, unless that season pass is set to record "First Run and Repeats (With Duplicates)".

I hope you get your TIVO set manually online!

Yes, cable channel 6 and 706(HD) and over-the-air channel 36-1 here in the SF Bay Area are all KICU.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Heads up. Comcast DVR here. I just checked five minutes before the ep was to start, and Grimm was set to record. Grimm just started, and the DVR cancelled it and started recording a different channel (that had been previously not scheduled due to a conflict). It took that long for the DVR to cancel something it thought it had previously recorded. To be clear, it was not recognized as a repeat. Just that this particular episode had been previously recorded.

It has the title change, but still the Episode#, so the DVR must go by episode number, instead of episode title.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 26, 2013 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Mine recorded the correct episode ("Ring of Fire" AKA the new title "Volcanalis") but the description still shows it as "The Kiss" episode 202, a repeat that originally aired August 12, 2012.

Of course, I set mine manually.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The online listing said NBC11 would show some Giants game, that's why is was on ch36... I won't be able to see what, if anything, it did actually tape for a couple of weeks, but by then it will be on hulu anyway so I guess I'm covered :-).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Ours showed Vulcanlis with an original airdate of 4/26/13. I set it up on both DVRs to make sure we got it. Only one recorded. Can't figure out why, but at least we got it. What a headache!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I guess the move to Tuesday nights, out of the Friday wasteland, was a good one for Grimm.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Portland-filmed-Grimm-renewed-for-season-3-204899121.html

They are happier than a "Blutbat on a full moon" !

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, May 03, 2013 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I hate it being on Tuesdays - I can't stay awake that late during the week.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Does anybody know what happened to Hank? I seem to recall that maybe he broke his leg or something (the actor, not the character). That's why they had to wheel him out of the office when they sent him off on "vacation to Hawaii" last week. But does anybody know the actual story?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
According to the Oregonian, he injured his leg.

http://www.oregonlive.com/movies/index.ssf/
2013/04/grimm_volcanalis_--_somebodys.html

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 04, 2013 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kookliebird. I thought I'd heard about that somewhere and it was pretty obvious from the way they just wheeled him out of the station!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, it's baaack...with bigger and badder monsters... and Nick 2.0!

http://www.today.com/entertainment/grimm-star-tons-new-monsters-are-coming-nick-8C11440869

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Can't WAIT!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
So glad this is being repeated on Saturday cause we're already taping Hawaii 5-0 and Shark Tank.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Some exciting news... Grimm will be storing their production vehicles on our site this weekend starting on Friday. They are filming a chase scene down Front Avenue and at the pump station just around the corner from us on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That is about 1/2 block from us. Life will be interesting here on Friday! I'll let you know if I see any Blutbads or Grimms!