TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Blacklist - NBC: ARCHIVE : Archive through November 18, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The lady bought the house for Red. It was owned by someone in his family and it seemed like he lived there at some point. He said bad things happened there (or something like that). He bought it and then blew it up and said something like "that will make me feel better."

Not much happened after Keen shot the killer. They said something about testing if the killer's cure was for real, and one of them commented that it would be too late to help the son then. Red said he would get out of Keen's life if she asked him to - she didn't.

And Keen and hubby played happy families.

Next week's trailer had Keen's father, in what looked like a hospital bed, calling Keen and then as the camera pulled out Red was sitting next to him as if visiting and Keen's dad said something like "we have to tell her."

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Hi Kitt, which episode are you referring to. Is Seabreeze talking about Gina Z which is last Monday's. Then you helped her any way.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The show Kitt described was on last night - Monday, Nov. 4.

Did you see a different show last night?

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Didn't they say on the first episode when they were giving Red's history that he was expected home to spend Christmas with his wife and daughter but instead just disappeared?
I assumed that this was the house he never returned to and seeing it makes him feel the guilt.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I got the impression something bad happened to him or someone he loved there (they showed the clip of the girl on the swing, and I wondered if she was the woman in the photo he got from the killer's album the other week). I thought more likely it was his childhood home or if his wife was murdered there then maybe that. (I don't remember them saying he disappeared on his wife and daughter but that doesn't mean much, I often miss things.)

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Regarding Red's history, I found this:

He attended the Naval Academy graduating top of his class at the age of 24, and was being groomed for Admiral, when he disappeared while coming home to visit his family for Christmas in 1990. The next time his actual location was known was when he walked into the FBI building at the start of "Pilot". In the intervening years leaks of classified information had been traced back to him. He became known as "The Concierge of Crime" due to his ability to arrange deals between the various black market factions. He was ranked fourth on the FBI's Most Wanted List as an "arrest on sight" fugitive. In Marrakesh he "died" for two and a half minutes.

http://the-blacklist.wikia.com/wiki/Raymond_Reddington

So, it appears they just said coming home to "visit his family", not necessarily his wife and daughter.

Sure seems like they're trying to make it look like Red is Keen's father, but I think that's misdirection. Don't have a clue what the real deal is.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Found this on Zap2it:

"Trained at the Naval Academy, where he graduated at the top of his class, "Red" Reddington was groomed to be an admiral. In 1990, while en route home to spend Christmas with his wife and young daughter, he vanished."

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I don't really 'like' the Red character (think the actor is overdoing it a bit) but I also agree the good guys are not trustworthy at all.

Trini

07-06-2004

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 3:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Mama, I saw Gina Z, now I know. Monday 4 Nov was Fedrick Barns. I must have watched a previous episode Gina Z, since I have Global app I could have been behind.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I liked the show, but I sure didn't like House's best friend as the bad guy!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Just got caught up on the last 2 eps. I thought that was Amanda from Revenge!

I think the hubby is still a bad guy or black ops guy of some sort. And Red has immunity, a deal with the govt, which is why they aren't prosecuting him for anything.

I think the house is where he lived with his "family".

I like that we don't get neat answers every week, but I do hope they start to fill in some of the blanks eventually.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
Thanks for filling me in. I really love this show and was so disappointed with all the preempting this past Monday here in NY ...strange that my tape of hostage on the other network had only one very short cut out and they used the bottom of the box screen caption to update the news events that night.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
I heard James Spader say today in an short blurb interview that he tries to convey no emotion as to leave the viewers to surmise what has happened. Something along that line.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Red is a bad, bad man. When he was talking to Keen's hubby it was like he had him in a trance.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was very creepy. So Keen knows she was adopted at age 4. I wonder what she was told about her bio parents? I wonder what Red's relationship was to Keen's adoptive dad? Were they brothers? Friends?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
my bet is either they were brothers or brothers in arms - in the military...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Why did he kill him? I didn't know if it was completely selfish (because he needed Lizzie not to be distracted for months) or completely selfless because the dad said he wished they'd said six hours not six months. Or was it because he'd said he "had to tell her?"

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking the #1 reason was because he was going to tell her. I think we are not supposed to feel AS bad about it because the guy had wished for a quick death.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Legalboxer - I thought they might have been brothers, but the idea of brothers-in-arms hadn't occurred to me. That would also explain the close bond they seem to have had.

Wonder who it was Red was looking up? At first I thought it might have been his wife. But when I froze the screen, the date of birth was 7-5-83. I thought she kind of resembled Lizzie but with red hair. Did Red possibly have another daughter?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had wondered if whoever he was looking up was the same girl who was in the photo book possessed by the creepy guy who disposed of bodies with chemicals? but maybe that doesn't make any sense. We assumed the first photo was a victimy of creepy chemical guy. I would assume this picture in the crime database would be of someone still alive? But maybe not. I have no idea. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The creepy guy was old and had such a big book, and the photo was very early in the book, so I thought the 20ish girl in the photo he took would have been around his age now, a sister/lover/friend. 1983 could make this girl her daughter, in fact I wonder if Lizzie and the 1983 girls are sisters (as Lizzie is adopted and doesn't know her birth family). I even wonder if the dead woman from the photo is their mother.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Maybe the woman in the photo was Lizzie's mother?

Trini

07-06-2004

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
The woman on ViCAP data base is Lucy Brooks age 30. Does Lizzie work with ViCAP which is with Homeland Sec. I remember her telling her husband she is not with FBI; when he was brought in for questioning.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought Lizzie was with the FBI but she wasn't fully qualified at the beginning, so they had to bring her in above her station, as it were.

VICAP is the database name, which several agencies use. Well spotted with the name, it all flashed by too quickly for me to catch anything!

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
I thought this was on tonight. Disappointed that it was not because of The Voice or whatever the singing show is called.