TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 15, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Mike and Molly: Archive through November 15, 2013 users admin

Kaysarluvsme

08-06-2005

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
I saw the ending with the pregnancy announcement and now the new season and NO pregnancy. Not sure I'm liking this change. Don't mess with something that was so good to begin with.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I still love the show, it's How I Met Your Mother that I'm finding more and more sophomoric each episode. It's beyond silly.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Wow. As someone who has never had need to have a union rep at a meeting but still believes in the need for unions - especially in the current economic atmosphere of wanting to destroy the middle class - I was beyond offended at the portrayal of the union rep.

This was the only sitcom I watched on Monday night. I loved it because of the ensemble cast but most especially because of the back and forth between Mike and Molly. Gardell must have had to fight really hard to not have it renamed the New Molly show. He was just a prop last night.

Good luck Melissa. I didn't find much to laugh at last night.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
And again this week...silly and sophomoric. If this show continues this trend I will be dropping it from my DVR list.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I think she's been too over-exposed and it's doing her no favours. She's funny, but it's one dimensional.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
To me she's starting to sound a little frantic. She is working that baby voice thing to the extent that it is getting on my nerves. The show was much better when it was about THEM and not about her. Besides, we aren't getting enough of her sister and mother, who are the two funniest people on the show.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I love the interaction with her mom and sister. I think the new change will kill this show unfortunately.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I love MM,I think shes a modern day Lucy. The more,the better in my opinion.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Roxip, agree about sister and mother but Mike's partner, Carl, and his grannie are even more hilarious. I haven't been watching since new season started so hope they still get plenty of air time too.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yep, need more of all of the characters, not just Molly.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I like the entire cast including the mother's boyfriend and the guy who runs the restaurant. I just hope they get back to the ensemble style of comedy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am still enjoying it, but it's so different. It used to be a levelheaded school teacher and her bumbling husband, and now it's a crazy lady with a levelheaded cop husband.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I used to love this show, but this season not so much. I thought it was just stupid and not funny. Being a cop is a very serious job and I don't know any cop that would allow their wife to act the way she did. She should have been taken home right away instead of trying to make it funny. It just didn't work for me. Please go back to the way it used to be.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, I disagree, Country. It's a sitcom, not real life. If we based our sitcoms on real life, no one would watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I take that back. We can base a sitcom on real life, but if it matches exactly(or even closely), it's a flop.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Oh I know it is a sitcom, but for me it is so unrealistic that any cop would put up with any ride along getting that involved with their job like that. I know it is make believe but to me it is just too unbelievable to be funny, but not everyone thinks alike. I will give it a few tries and I hope that it gets better for me, but that is what the channel changer is for.

Seabreeze

09-05-2004

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 12:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seabreeze a private message Print Post    
Not enjoying or finding this show funny. It seems that not only did the characters changed, the focus and plot changed and it also appears the writers left the show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I never warmed up to Mike. I know he's supposed to be the straight man to Molly but when I see a chubby guy on TV I expect him to be funny ala Ralph Cramden, Doug heffernan etc. I do like all the other characters.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
They forgot the adage--"Don't mess with success."

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Right Puzzled! And they forgot-- "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Why did they decided to "retool" this show??? I love Melissa McCarthy movies but am finding it hard to watch this show.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The original creator/show-runner left at the end of last season so they have a new exec producer. That might have a lot to do with it. Bad choice from what I can tell reading comments here.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I just want them to go back to the old format and hope that they do or the show just may get cancelled

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Yes, indeed, Mamabatsy. I liked Molly the teacher.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, November 15, 2013 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Maybe they will discover the "error" of their decision to retool and go back to last season's format... Just have Mike or Molly wake up and pretend what has happened so far was just a dream... al a' Dallas.