TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 18, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 18, 2013 users admin

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Tough is necessary. Uncaring and lacking sympathy and respect for others is not.

I agree - I just feel like Rick has been through the exact same place that Carol is now and done similar "wrong things for possibly the right reasons".

Sophia was too long ago, they've all changed now. So I don't think that factors in.

I don't think there is a statute of limitations for daughters being turned into zombies not to still factor into Carol's decision-making.
Carol promised to take care of those girls and that's what she is trying to do. Her logic might be flawed, but then again, if what she had done had stopped the epidemic, then I doubt Rick would have reacted the way he did.
I did not see "The Talking Dead" after show, so did not hear the Rick actor telling why he did what he did.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'll just agree to disagree.

I think Rick has made mistakes, but I think he's come out the other side.

On the other hand, I think Carol went to the dark side. Too dark.

As for Sophia, all I was saying that to speculate NOW about whether Sophia should have had a gun is immaterial. It's done and can't be changed. And she wasn't advocating that the kids have guns. Only that they learn how to stab zombies, including their own parents apparently.

Cut the poor kids a break, Carol. Really. They need love and compassion as well as street smarts. What does it matter if she saves their lives, if they have no inner core? They need more than tough too. But she was trying to make them all in her 'new' image of herself. Well, they aren't her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I felt like I had run a marathon after this episode. These people really deserve a day of rest. But by the previews it doesn't seem like they will be getting one.

On a good note, at least both of the guests on "Talking" seemed like they actually watch he show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The whole thing was so tense I was shaking at times. I wasn't sure if it was the show or the temperature so I had to put the heating on for the first time this year!

One of the audience members on Talking Dead had a question about the following theory, for anyone who missed it. I'm going to put it in a spoiler box not because it's true but because it's such a good idea and if it is true it might spoil something:
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
The audience member asked whether Bob was the Governor's man on the inside, with the theory that as he's an alcoholic he could easily be bought or manipulated. The inside bad guy has to be someone they've featured so this seems such a real possibility.

For a while today I really thought Glenn was a goner. I would have hated it but they've done more shocking things!

The ending... can't wait! One man can actually do a lot of damage because you can set the walkers on some sort of path that will do the damage for you (like the little guy from the prison last season).

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I figured Glenn was gone. They don't have a problem killing main characters on this show. I was preparing myself for Glenn turning and then Maggie having to bust in, and while all teary eyed having to stab or shoot him in the head.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
How about some timeline...

S4.Day1 15 months since Rick woke up
S4E1 Gang, Woodbury survivors and strays have made the prison into a farm with livestock. It's been "30 days since a workplace accident." Walkers have started coming to the fence in larger numbers. A Council has been formed with Darryl being a key player. Carol secretly teaches the kids knife skills. Beth's boyfriend is killed during a run, but Beth doesn't cry anymore. Rick almost becomes food for Clara's walker-head husband. Violet the pig dies. Kid Patrick begins to feel ill, very quickly starts coughing up blood, contaminating the water room, dies in the shower. Patrick's bleeding eyes turn walker. S4E2 Someone feeds rats to the fence walkers. Walker-Patrick eats his way through Cell Block D.

S4.Day2
Gang finds the carnage in Cell Block D, many dead. Lizzie and Mika's dad is bitten and Carol wants them to kill him. Dr S says it's an aggressive flu strain. Karen and David get sick and are isolated. Someone shoots them and burns their bodies. Walkers storm the fence, Daryl and Rick lure them away with piglets. Michonne has baby issues. Ricks gives Carl back his gun and puts his gun belt back on.

S4.Day3
S4E3 More are dying of the flu, at least 12 dead. Sasha, Dr S and all Cell Block D survivors are ill. Rick and Tyrese fight over the burned bodies. The young and old are isolated. Glenn and Lizzie become ill. Daryl, Michonne, Bob and Tyrese go to the vet school for medical supplies. Hershel gives the sick elderberry tea to help reduce the flu symptoms, probably infecting himself. Daryl's car gets stuck in a walker herd after they are distracted by a radio message, and they have to escape through the woods. Rick realises Carol killed Karen and David, she admits it.

S4.Day4
S4E4 Rick takes Carol on a run. Carol says she killed them to save lives. Daryl's group are still in the woods, head to a town, Tyrese is still acting crazy. Rick and Carol find two survivors but the two get killed getting supplies. Bob tells Daryl he was the last one standing in two different groups, admits he is an alcoholic. They find a car and head to vet school. They get all the supplies but Bob gets attacked as they are escaping, he risks himself and others to save the bottle of whiskey he found. Daryl is not impressed. Rick gives Carol a car and some supplies and tells her to go. He doesn't trust her with his family and Tyrese will want to kill her. S4E5 Those in isolation are dying and Glenn and Sasha are discretely knifing them before they turn. Rick comes back without Carol and Maggie supports his decision. Walkers are still at the fence, they break through and Rick and Carl have to shoot them all. The ill are beginning to turn quicker then they can be made safe, 8 dead including Dr S, Hershel almost bitten. Maggie breaks into isolation to help. Glenn is barely alive and needs to be intubated. Daryl and co return with the meds.

S4.Day5
Glenn is breathing on his own. The Governor watches the prison.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, November 11, 2013 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I say that Bob is the Governors spy from the inside...
I also think the Governor is behind the rats AND the disease going around the prison.

I think it was his plan to attack Rick and his group from the outside using disease infested rats to spread the disease.

And I think Bob is the man

Like on talking dead when bob said he has survived to groups.... Hmmm

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wondered about the rats bringing in disease but they haven't focused or made mention of rats inside the prison, just the ones being fed at the fence. And walkers from outside have come along with bloodied eyes so the disease must be quite widespread.

I think it has to be Bob, because for story purposes they have to have focused on the person at least a little, and Bob's really the only newbie. (Doubt it's Lizzie!)

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
It seems like Bob is a good choice, but what could the Governor offer him as reason to do it? Once he got there, it seems like he would have been better off just staying within the new group. The Governor killed nearly every follower he had left so unless he has amassed some huge new group, I would think Bob would be better off to just stay put.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He could offer him alcohol, since Bob seems pretty desperate for it...

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Karuuna - I wondered about that, but I would think Bob could just find a liquor store to hold up in on his own.
The Governor does seem to have some strange charisma over people when he wants to, though.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Bob may OWE the govener..... Knowing the govener could get him at anytime when he wasn't looking- LOL

And now that the disease has killed 99% of his old Woodbury group- he can now go in for the attack

It's bob! Haha

I also think that when the general has Rick cornered and about to kill him ( Daryl and all others will be b fighting off the zombies unleashed by the general or his new posse)

I think carol will swoop in and save the day. That it how carol will get back into the story ..... Haha

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, November 14, 2013 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Herschel was so amazing this past episode. That song they played - "Oats in the Water" was absolutely perfect. He's trying so hard to hold onto his humanity.

Not really looking for to the Governor's return.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Interesting episode last night as the Governor regains HIS humanity! Seeing him hook up is just way gross.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I FF'd thru most of the episode. Just not that interested in the Gov.

But I'm doubtful about him regaining his humanity. His humanity has always been limited to a few people, and this is no different.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's going to be interesting to see what he does now he's back with some of the same old crowd. Will he be able to control his ego and want of power or will he prioritise his new family?

And something must have gone horribly wrong between then and now because in the prison timeline he's alone, looking vengeful at the prison. (For a while I did wonder if he would take the family there, as he knew deep down that they were actually good guys there. Doubtful now though.)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Didn't the previews show him and the old gang stalking the prison?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't notice that, I thought they were attacking a completely different camp.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You could be right. I'll watch the Talking Dead tonight (on my DVR) and see what they say.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's the preview. I don't think we know that camp they are stalking. They seem to be in the middle of the woods surrounded by wire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNoHr3_jFOI

Egbok

07-13-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last nights episode with the Governor's storyline. Richly done with good interactions between all the characters in this episode. This type of episode plays with my trust issues though. I'm one who wants to believe the Governor will become the husband and father he once was...a good person.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja, it looks like a little encampment in the woods, and then other shots in a town or RV site.

I think it would be an interesting study, with the Governor. I mean he was presumably a normal person before this all began, then he tragically lost his wife, and before he's over that all the walker stuff happened. His daughter gets bitten and he tries to keep her "alive" as he watches her get worse and worse.. it's going to make anyone go a little bit crazy ;).

Then it all comes to a head, he completely breaks... can he start again and not become the monster he was? It'd be fascinating.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I guess I was confused. :-)

I just don't like the story line about the Gov anyway.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm one who wants to believe the Governor will become the husband and father he once was...a good person."

I'm thinking he will do exactly that....but he will find himself in the exact same predicament - trying to "protect" his family in an impossible situation. So he may just wind up taking another stroll into crazyland where he once again appoints himself as the crazy protector.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I would rather have seen Carol in that same scenario, not the Gov., it would have been interesting to see Carol interact with the women and their zombie father.

Maybe the Gov. won't be as bad this time around but I very much doubt it. All TV shows have to have good guys and bad guys to make interesting story lines but I like different bad guys not the same ones. (if that makes any sense)