TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 23, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 23, 2013 users admin

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
LOL Kellee...you have your work cut out for you!!! Welcome to the world of the Doctor!!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Psst, heads up (or a reminder if Kitt or Sanfran beat me to it and I haven't seen it yet) but tomorrow is "An Adventure in Space and Time," about how Doctor Who started.

Heh, I think Darren's about to blow a gasket, I keep recording Doctor Who stuff, I finally just gave up on anything else this week (and probably next) to watch all the specials and mini marathons. I'm bouncing with excitement waiting to see David Tennant back (he will forever be my Doctor!)

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Thank you Wargod! My DVR didn't pick that one up. I am also bouncing with excitement!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ooo thanks, my dvr doesn't pick up any of these either. Scrolling through the channel listing I see:

(add 3hrs for Eastern time or Pacific that runs on 3hr delay)
11pm-12am tonight - The Companions (repeat I think)
12am-1am Fri morning - Tales From the Tardis (new I think)
1-2am - The Science of Dr Who (repeat)
2-3am - The Destinations of Dr Who (repeat)
5-6am - Doctor Who in the US (repeat)
5-6pm (repeated 3-3.30am Sat) - Doctor Who Explained (new I think)
6-8pm (repeated 8-10pm) - An Adventure In Space and Time (new docudrama)

11.30-11.50am Sat - Dr Who 50th Live Preshow
11.50am-1.10pm (repeats 4-6pm, 8-10pm) - The Day Of The Doctor 50th Anniversary Special

7-8pm (repeats 11pm-12am) - Graham Norton with Matt Smith and David Tennant

5-7.30pm Sun - Doctor Who Revisited: the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith)

And if anyone fancies watching Atlantis, that premieres at 6-7pm Saturday in the normal Dr Who slot.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
i am up to the specials in 2009...have to say this show is going to instill a lot of irrational fears in me ...like statues, books and shadows. I always loved David Tennant in all the other things i have seen him in so I think he will be my ultimate Doctor.

Oh and in binge watching like this there are little things you catch like in the episode where Pompeii goes up to ash Peter Capaldi plays the roman father who was saved by The Doctor...so in some strange way he saved himself..got a good laugh out of that one.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 21, 2013 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
did someone say statues.... nobody blink ;)

weeping angel

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/development-of-the-weeping-angels-40028.htm

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL, that's not right, Kitt! You should have a big, "Spooky, scary, WARNING" on Weeping Angel pictures. Now I have to sit and stare at it so it doesn't get me!

Have you seen The Empty Child yet, Kellee? "Are you my mummy?" That one freaks me out everytime I see the episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 2:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Weird....I see on my TIVO schedule that Doctor Who's "Day of the Doctor" airs for the first time at 11:50 am on Saturday the 23rd and it's 75 minutes long.

The next time it airs is at 4pm - it's the same episode and it's on the same day - but this time it's 120 minutes long!

The third airing on the same day (Saturday the 23rd) is at 8 pm and that one is also listed as being 120 minutes long.

All airings I listed are EST.

My TIVO schedule matches the schedule shown at TitanTV.com.

Anyone know why the first airing is only an hour and 15 minutes long and the next two airings are each two full hours?

Is the first airing being shown commercial-free or something?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 2:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Doh!

It suddenly hit me that I should just google it.

YES, the first airing WILL be commercial-free!

'Doctor Who' gears up for the big 5-0

<snip>

The episode will air around the world in commercial-free simulcast on Saturday with Space being the Canadian carrier. But be aware, if you want to watch it at the same time as the rest of the world, it's airing in prime time in Britain, so make the calculations as they pertain to your time zone in North America. Space also will replay the episode later in the evening.

<snip>

http://www.lfpress.com/2013/11/21/doctor-who-gears-up-for-the-big-5-0

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I wanted to watch the special "live" but I will be at the nursing home visiting Dad. I believe the repeat had commentary added from David Tennant and Matt Smith. I've been watching almost constantly all week. Right now I am listening to an episode as the TV is in the den and the computer is in the kitchen.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I won't be able to watch the special "live" tomorrow either. But I will be happily taping it..and will watch later.

I watched the trailer...when I heard a Dalek's voice say "exterminate"....I jumped for joy!

My name is Doreen and I am addicted!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, no adverts. They had to do that because otherwise they couldn't simulcast it (as BBC dosn't have adverts).

Do you know which repeat has commentary, Roteach? I'd love to watch that one.

War, it makes me a bit creeped out too. I almost didn't hit post... but then I did <evil grin>.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
p.s. don't forget to watch the mini pre-episode episode everyone! (it's not just a trailer, it's a bit of story that's important)

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/watch-50th-mini-episode-the-night-of-the-doctor-55327.htm

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I have gotten hooked after a long Dr. Who hiatus. With Dad controlling the TV, I didn't get to watch BBC America. I have to admit that I have teared up at a few of the episodes especially when David Tennant's doctor said that he didn't want to leave and when River told Amy that she was her daughter.

Kitt, it's the 7PM (Eastern time zone) repeat that has the commentary I believe.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ahh, I looked at the BBCA info (http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/extras/takeover-schedule/) and the 7pm repeat has the "Inside Look" with David and Matt in the advert breaks, rather than a commentary. I wish they'd do the Inside Looks as stand alones, like they used to, rather than all split up.

Shame you can't watch the activities with your dad, Roteach!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Want a headstart on the Doctor Who Google logo?

https://www.google.co.uk/

click on the doctors and lots of things happen!!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, November 22, 2013 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Hehe, that's pretty cool, Kitt.

I won't get to watch the show live either, will be at my aunts at the time and she doesn't get BBCA. Have to wait til I get home to see it.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
The Day of the Doctor is here at last!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I'm glad The Day is here. I won't check in until after I see the special tonight.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too. Got a lot to do today so I don't think we'll be watching live.

Enjoy it everyone!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
So good! Whatever the questions.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Excellent episode!! (I couldn't resist watching!)

Two things: I wonder how many toilets were flushed worldwide just now (two were in my house!) and in England I wonder how strong the power surge was as everyone boiled the kettle for a cup of tea...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Calamity you popped into my mind during the show, haven't seen you here for a while and I wondered if you were watching!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Just been busy! Working full time and then have class for four hours, four nights a week (have 2 tests on Monday). I'm hosting Thanksgiving too but I included Doctor Who on my holiday prep list so I wouldn't forget to watch. Priorities.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Saturday, November 23, 2013 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Poor horsey.
Cute bunny.
Yeah, fez!

I'm watching the replay while cleaning.