TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 08, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 08, 2013 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Double post

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, did you see her in Blue Skies? Loved that one too.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Correction: Blue Sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZDbJHC1uxsBlue Sky.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It came out a long time ago-time to revisit it. Isnt Tommy Lee Jones in it-love him too.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
My fav JL movies are Cape Fear and Losing Isaiah

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
"Tootsie" -- she was in that, too, playing the object of Dustin Hoffman's romantic daydreams.

Marej

09-19-2002

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
I watched it for the first time last night and then watched the previous episode and then the new episode again....late..around midnight..then I went to bed. I love JL's snarky little side comments. Now I'm hooked. Happy Halloween!!!

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
So did Myrtle really throw the acid, or did Fiona set her up?
I know that Fiona had Queenie put her hand in the acid to make it look like it had spilled on Myrtle, but I wasn't sure if Fiona actually believes it was Myrtle, or just wanted to frame her.

How come when Queenie put her hand in the acid, Myrtle didn't immediately start screaming from the pain? The scars only appeared as Queenie put her hand in, so it seems like she would have immediately started.

Not sure what to think of Delphine. In the flashbacks, she couldn't be more evil, but now seems very contrite. An act, or has she somehow changed? And is it even possible for someone that horrible to change?

I'm curious about their powers. Fiona was able to bring a dead baby back to life. It seems like if she can do that, she would be able to do something about the aging she's so worried about or heal her daughter.

Does Nan have any power so far besides reading minds?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Fiona was able to bring a dead baby back to life."

I was wondering about that, too. Then I had a creepy thought that maybe she didn't bring the baby back to life at all....that she really just made the mother believe the baby was alive. I was half expecting a scene where the doctor and nurse come in the room and see the mother talking/singing to the obviously dead baby...

I think I'm glad a scene like that didn't occur...but I do want to know whether or not Fiona can actually bring the dead back to life.

Gotta love AHS - it's always thrilling, fun, shocking, and unpredictable. Can't wait until next week!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Fiona is supreme and has 7 powers. Perhaps one is the ability to bring back things from the dead like the one who dances in the swamp. :-) She can't use it on herself because in order to use it she would have to be dead and if she is dead then she can't... cause she is..well.. dead...

Is to Delphine, I think that her years of being entombed in the coffin and being put in a world completely alien to her has thrown her for a loop. She has no position of strength or foundation to hold onto. She has lost her home, money, power, family, cultural expectations and standing. She has no one or thing to turn to so perhaps being so vunerable has changed her.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have a question... I'm behind on the episodes (so don't want to read back in the thread and be spoilt), just watched the one from October 23rd where there's all sorts of nastiness with the reasssembled guy and his mother and Queenie and the minotaur.

Towards the end of the show Jessica Lange is talking to Emma Roberts and telling her how gifted she is and ... my recording stopped. Anyone remember what happened next and at the end of the show?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, Fiona handed Madison the knife Fiona had used to kill the previous Supreme and asked Madison to kill her (Fiona) so she could become the next Supreme "for the good of the coven". As she tried to force Madison to take the knife, there was a brief struggle and somehow Fiona managed to "accidentally" slash Madison's throat just like Fiona had done to the previous Supreme, her predecessor.

Madison lies dead on the floor.

Fiona turned and spotted Spalding, the butler, who was standing exactly where he stood when Fiona killed the last Supreme many years eariler, and told him to get rid of the body...and then Fiona added, "Bury her deep. God only knows what all that shit she has in her system will do to the lawn when it comes up in the spring."

Then Fiona sat down and lit a cigarette, saying "This coven doesn't need a new Supreme. What it needs is a new rug.".

Fade to black.

I lOVE this show....Fiona's remarks always add some delicious topping to whatever shit sandwich she just served.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thank you!! Good riddance to Madison, she was such a brat, although I assumed as the actress was well known she'd be there all season. Delicious is exactly the word for some of Fiona's toppings!

I've really enjoyed this season so far. I liked the first season but couldn't take the second, too nasty for me. Once I was past the first episode with Kathy Bates and her slave monsters I've been okay. It is such good storytelling.

Feefee10

07-13-2011

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Feefee10 a private message Print Post    
I love this show, can't wait until next episode. Jessica Lange is the best.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I liked the first season but couldn't take the second, too nasty for me."

Did you at least get as far as the alien abduction or the Nazi experiments on the patients in season 2?

I love the way they always take some actual history of true events and mix it in with the fiction.

Season 1 used the story of the Black Dahlia, a very famous murder of a party girl/wannabe starlet from early Hollywood. Season 2 used the story of Barney and Betty Hill, an interracial couple who were the first to claim they were abducted by aliens when they saw a psychiatrist and were hypnotized. And now season 3's Madame Delphine LaLaurie turns out to be a real character who did horrible sadistic things to her slaves and townsfolk of New Orleans burned down her house and she fled to Paris.

Yes, the storytelling in AHS is excellent....they take a single premise each season and somehow spin into multiple stories, some of which always reference real historical events, and they do it without the story-of-the-season getting offtrack. It's like magic.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 07, 2013 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't know season two used that story or that there is some element of truth in this season. (Not sure I want to know any part of Madame LaLaurie's story is true .}

I only watched about three episodes of season two, I think. I remember where the girl escaped with two others and something bad (I forget) happened to the others, and I was a bit confused about what was real or not. Then all the psycho sadistic priest guy was just a bit too much. There was just no letting up on the darkness.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 1:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It was really dark....but it just got better and better for me.

There was one outstanding scene in episode 10 when Jessica Lange was no longer a nun running the asylum but had become one of the patients...and out of the blue this great scene happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76y9tR4CY4U

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Sanfran - that was a great scene, so perfectly trippy.

I just realized that Spalding was Larry Harvey from the first season.
Everyone else I pretty much knew, although it took me a bit to place Myrtle as the maid in season one (the red hair should have tipped me off a lot sooner).

If all Supremes demonstrate the same seven powers, I'm wondering if maybe the next girl who is the supreme might be able to bring Madison back from the dead? Was wondering if the baby might be a foreshadowing?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I recognized "Spaulding" from "True Blood" where he was the rich, gay vampire who comes back to terrorize everyone last season. It took me a while to recognize him since he is now mute and has that awful stringy hair.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I could have watched the season if it had more bits like that in it!

I still can't get over Jessica Lange looking so old. More than once (and I just did it again) I have checked to see whether it was her playing that young woman in Tootsie and it was. It doesn't seem like she should be in her 60s now! (not that 60s is old , just comparatively old compared to the young thing she was in Tootsie).

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, thanks for sharing that excellent scene!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
San Fran, I love your reviews. I agree but could never state it so eloquentley

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Everyone else I pretty much knew, although it took me a bit to place Myrtle as the maid in season one (the red hair should have tipped me off a lot sooner)."

Did you recognize the girl that Cordelia's husband was sleeping with when he was out of town?

That was Moira, the maid, as a young woman on season 1,

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I realized Myrtle was the maid right away, but what took me a few minutes was realizing she was also Barney's mom on "How I Met Your Mother"....LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Glad you guys liked Jessica's The Name Game scene. :-)

I saw an interview with either Jessica Lange (or was it Ryan Murphy?) last year sometime and she said that she had mentioned that she'd like to do a big glamorous song and dance number during the filming of season 2....so they wrote that scene for her because it was something she wanted.

Yeah, Kitt, that song and dance scene was not very representative of season 2 as a whole because it was a very dark season.....but season 2 actually had a much happier ending than season 1!

AHS has been my favorite television show for all three of its seasons...and to me, each season has gotten successively better.

I'm a huge Walking Dead and True Blood fan, but I gotta admit, American Horror Story has easily surpassed both of them when it comes to engaging me in the story and keeping me both surprised and enthralled each and every week.