TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Saturday Night Live (SNL): Archive through September 28, 2013 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Any comments on this season/cast changes so far?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The 9/22 episode was great...........Joseph Gordon-Levit did an excellent job as the host. Has he hosted before ? I got the impression from something he said that his was not his first go with SNL. And he is so refreshing to look at..........deep sigh.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Marameko, I love JGL, too. And yes, he's been on before. I was amazed (in a good way and was laughing out loud) at his dancing at the beginning. I've never seen him like that and it just cracked me up.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Smokey,I was surprised to know he was a returning host. He is smart and sexy. Love, love your quote, you go gurl !

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Opening for this weekend's (Nov 17th w/ Jeremy Renner) was one of the funniest I've seen in years. Loved the "Live from NY" (done by the tv announcer instead of a cast member).

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, November 19, 2012 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Jeremy Renner can sing! Who knew? I loved him giggling and saying "I can't believe I agreed to this." I fell asleep after that.

Jennywa

07-17-2003

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jennywa a private message Print Post    
December Show with Jamie Foxx-worst show in recent memory.Pimps, , horrible skits...

Rslover

11-19-2002

Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
ITA Jenny. He was terrible and the writing and actors are so bad. They need to bring back some former cast members. Next week is Martin Short and Paul McCartney.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I turned it off before he even finished his opening monologue. Too much racist dreck for me, (at least Chris Rock is funny with it!) plus he's an absolutely awful actor.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Rslover, I don't think they've ever had former cast members return (except as headliners/guests). I think the only "breakout" they might have with this new lot is Taran Killam who's getting more exposure now and seems to have a lot of potential. The rest just see very meh! Jay Pharoah seems very intense and uptight (not good for a comedian) and his Obama impersonation leaves a lot to be desired. I like Kenan but he's just not very funny and never really has been. Bill Hader and Jason Sudakis are the two best this season. I hope it picks up.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I enjoy Hader and Sudekis. I have a hard time staying up to watch the news with Seth Myers, who is always funny.

I tend to watch only when Justin Timberlake is on anymore. He's been the only consistent funny host.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I was a long time fan of SNL. The political sketches they used to do were quite funny and they targeted both sides, but now they are so biased and anti-conservative it's polarizing and hard for me to watch now.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, December 10, 2012 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Holly,
Just a few returning almumni would be a welcoming addition.

Mamie,

Yes. Justin is the best. My alltime favorite skit.

JUSTIN ON SNL

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, January 14, 2013 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Justin Beiber wants to be Bruno Mars & Justin Timberlake. He's going to host & be musical guest on SNL this month.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
SNL Margaret Thatcher Sketch Introduces Only Punk Rocker Who Liked Her

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/14/snl-margaret-thatcher-sketch_n_3078368.html

This cracked me up!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Vince Vaughn does nothing for me, I watched to see Miguel sing "Adorn", but I was disappointed in the version he offered. The final sketch was off on the timing and not funny.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I usually like Vaughn but he looked like he barely showed up. He just stood and looked at cue cards as if his just being there was enough. It was not.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Not that I'm a Vaughn fan but I've seen him on SNL before and he tends to read the cards. I think he's just not good at memorizing lines.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I was just coming to post about the punk rocker who loved Thatcher....LOL! That was one of the funniest videos SNL has done in a long time. I watched it over 3 or 4 times...LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the show of newbies went pretty well tonight :-) I especially like the new dorky looking guy that was part of Weekend Update playing the comedian from NY.

But I have a question. A the very end Tina said the network was letting them go long and it was about to get crazy with their musical guest "Arcade Fire", and for us not to go anywhere. Was that a joke I didn't get? Because the only thing that happened here was an infomercial for a kitchen blender started.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I loved the opening bit with Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody knows the answer to my question above, please let me know. I am so curious....LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
There was a 1/2 hour show on after SNL called "arcadia fire special". Looked to be a mini concert. Sounds like your local network decided not to run it, to run informercials instead.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yep, our KC affiliate apparently didn't let us see it :-( Thank you for the reply.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't even know how Arcadia fire is, but shame on the KC affiliate!

So glad I taped SNL tonight to see all those little glimpses of Jesse Pinkman. Overall, I find most of SNL a bore. I guess I'm just too old. LOL.