TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 21, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 21, 2013 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes Jasper, do tell us everything!!
I was releived that Karl didn't kill Craig when he had him by that canal! You could see he was thinking about it. And he could have easily done it and gotten away with that too! As of last night, I think Karl's honeymnoon may be interuppted.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I meant to mention Hayley. I blubber end my way thrum those touching scenes with Roy. They didn't even need to say a word. And when Fiz came. So sad.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I know that when it gets down to Hayley's final days, I wont be able to watch! It will be truly saying goodbye to an old friend, and I cant bear to.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Liz Dawn/Vera Duckworth just got a pace maker. She's been through so much. I really hope this improves her quality of life for many years to come.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a519427/corries-liz-dawn-gets-pacemaker-i-hope-it-improves-my-health.html

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well I quite enjoyed Sue Cleaver and Tony Hirst. They really played off each other well and you can tell they enjoyed working together. Sue hopes that he comes back. They were both very funny, which I was surprised about with Tony just because Paul is such a miserable character. It was about an hour and half to two hours and went by very quickly. I didn't care for the moderator, it was Claire Martin from the CBC, I didn't know who the heck she was but she seemed to think we should. People I spoke to in line didn't know her either so I didn't feel too bad. The fella that moderated at Tyrone and Kirk last year was a lot more fun. Tony did ask the audience who thought the storyline of the racial issue was a good one and appropriate and of an audience of several hundred people not one person said yes. I thought that was a crap story as well. They both thought it was as well as being out of character for Paul. Some funny tidbits were that when the actress who played Leslie actually left, they gave her as a gift the toaster that killed her engraved with "Leslie Kershaw - toast"! Apparently Steve and Lloyd as well as Eileen are quite naughty together, and that appt book they look at in the cab office is full of dirty little doodles, and limericks etc. As well Eileen and Julie torment for Norris by smushing him between them. Apparently he only comes chest high to them. She was a riot and looked quite lovely, Tony is quite good looking as well. If anything else springs to mind I'll post. They did say they were in Canada to do something for a tourism book or something or other as well. And they were all very behind Kevin and he should be coming back. Sue also touched on what happened with Tommy and how they all think it is so sad because it was just a daft thing he did and regrets. No one asked about Ken though and I'm always to shy to raise a hand.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
As for Corrie last week it was killer! It was so suspenseful! I watched the whole 2.5 hrs right thru Sunday morning. A friend of mine had watched and he told me I was going to love it, he was right!

Poor Hayley though. This is going to be a heartbreaker.

And geez please we do not need more Fay storylines. I call bull puckeys. Sick of that kid and the manufactured stuff for her. Why?

Speaking of kids I thought Craig was really good in his scenes.

And the interaction of Marcus, Maria, Ozzy and Audrey was just the right amount of humour injected in to those stressful scenes.

But why are the police doing the whole re-investigating if Karl confessed. Just lock him away and be done with it. And Stella run and get an annulment pdq.

Eww of the Street (upcoming)
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Jason and Eva, gross, why would you go where you mom had been. blech

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
oh, they told a funny story about filming that train scene. I'll report later

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thanks for all the info on Eileen and Paul. It sounds as if it was very entertaining! Are they on this tour because the show sent them or is this something they are doing on their own?
So glad to see Karl taken away in cuffs. It must have been a shock to all of them when he also confessed killing Sunita. He could have gotten away with that as nobody suspected she didnt die of natural causes.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the report Jasper. I only know Claire Martin because she was the meteorologist on a local channel for several years. I don't remember ever seeing or hearing her on CBC. Just looked it up and she started with CBC in 2005.

I also watched all of last week's episodes on Sunday morning. It was quite the experience! A lot happened. Craig did a great job - the misery and fear when he was confessing to killing Sunita was touching. It was great to see Karl in handcuffs but I realized that there is something about him that I will miss. Maybe it's that I want to see how he handles being humbled and behind bars.

And eww to Jasper's spoiler!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
They apparently do it on their own time, not as something arranged by Corrie. The promotion company both times I went is Stroll Promotions. They sell a bunch of memorabilia as well. I did buy a Corrie mug and a "Keep Calm and Corrie On" magnet.

I will kinda miss Karl as well Lawrie, but not for too long. Wonder who the new baddie will be. Probably somebody Gail meets speed dating, lol.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
LOL at Gail's speed dating. She does know how to pick them doesn't she?

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info Jasper. I always wondered if they were forced into these tours by the show. Its nice to hear that they do it willingly.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I really thought the Carl line was anticlimactic it just fell flat for me.

I may have missed something over the summer. Where is Paul?

I think Nick is going to be the new bad guy.

Sally and Tim? Hope this ends soon.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
omg! looking forward to watching last sunday 2.5, still on pvr. (i don't like rushing it)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I would like to see Nick turn bad, as he is always tried to do what he could for everyone--except for a couple of slip-ups--and give David a run for his money!
The Carl s/l did seem to end with a fizzle, and left everyone just sitting there.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Hmmm

Paul left when Eileen sorta threw him out when he was hesitant or as I would put it, didn't care enough for her about the clear-up of the "racist" remark, and didn't think he cared for her "feelings as much as she wanted.

In other words, it was a lame excuse to have Paul leave the street.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Did anyone mention why Sylvia suddenly left? Something happening in the actresses real life?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
They mentioned at that event I went to that she was doing a play. She might be back. They all seem to really love her. On corrie they made it seem like she ran to visit her sister because she couldn't handle Hayley's illness. Totally out of character for sylvie imo.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Oh I hope she does come back to the show! At first I didnt like her, then she grew on me. Unlike GLoria, who just seems crabby and mean all the time!!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I am so glad Steve is buying the Rovers back, but I think Michelle will have an issue with it. Steve seems to have totally forgotten about his affair and marriage to Becky!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Michelle should be happier being partner to the owner of the bar, than just being a mere server!
With Stella leaving, it seems like the whole story line of her and her family went by awful fast! Usually people who own the bar, last longer than this.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
I found out that Stella wanted to spend more time with her daughter in London who is a senior in HS this year.

She hopes they bring her back at some time in the future.

Going back and forth to London every weekend was not giving her enough time, and she wants to enjoy her daughters last year before university.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I have never really cared for the Stella character, all they seemed to have her do was look pissed off all the time. And really disappointed in how the Gloria character went. I was really looking forward to that actress joining the cast but she was just a sour, nosy old so and so. I guess both actresses were under utilized. Any storyline they had seemed tepid. Even the Karl story because it wasn't really hers I didn't feel anyways.

I think Michelle's issue will be when Liz pops up. Whens our Jim don't cha know getting out of jail? Saw something on tv the other day with Jez in it. Remember that storyline?

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
It should be fun watching Steve being caght between Liz and Michelle and being manipulated them.

On a sadder note, Kevin/LeVell has been attacked in pubs and the latest his car was vandalised.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Michael+Levell+attacked&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=Michael+Levell+attacked&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=nws

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I read about Michael's problems. It has him him very scared.
It will be nice to see him back on the street. I wonder what he will think of Sally and Tim!