TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 06, 2013 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For anybody else that has a dvr that cut off the last few seconds, here's what happened.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
As Carol is walking toward the compound with two buckets of water in her hands, Rick reluctantly asks her "Carol, did you kill Karen and David?" (the two burned bodies)

Carol looks back and replies "Yes". Then she continues off with her buckets of water.

The end.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just a comment on tonight's "Walking".

It's obvious to me Marilyn Manson hasn't been really watching for him to guess that it's Carol's daughter that has been feeding rats to the walkers.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh dear... Marilyn Manson... bad choice...

For the first time ever I think the show took a bit of a predictable turn tonight, with Hershell finding a homeopathic cure which presumably is going to keep at least a few of them alive until the meds come. And Daryl fiddling with the radio and not paying attention to the road, and then not reversing straight away. Also the Carol thing, I think her character has gone a bit too far from how it used to be.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In my Marilyn post I meant to say "Talking". Argggg, you guys know what I meant. LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Marilyn Manson was a bit of train wreck, too much brain damage. I found it funny that at first the host of Talking Dead tried to ignore it, and then finally just ran with it.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Wait till Tyrone finds out it was carol! LOL

I personally think that new guy don't know his name he's the black guy who isn't Tyrone - he's kind of sneaky- maybe he is the generals spy" who is feeding the rats to the zombies

I don't think it's the kids feeding them.

And I would be okay if the Woodbury friend of Tyrone's dies next- never much liked her.

And Marilyn was so dumb about his knowledge of this show and the,characters- bleh!

He says he "thinks" machone (sp) and Daryl have eyes for each other- says he's sure they will be hooking up- pffff

Please never bring him back.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bob! (Love the name Bob, Black Adder fans will know why.)

I don't get a bad vibe from him so I don't think he'd be feeding the rats, but I agree, he's sneaky or hiding something. It'll be interesting to see who is feeding the rats, because it's really got to be someone previously unknown (too easy??) or someone BIG to the story.

The Woodbury friend of Tyrone... do you mean Sasha? She's Tyrone's sister.

The one thing that Marilyn said that I agreed with was that there was a spark between Michonne and Darryl. I think there's a spark between Darryl and most women though ;).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What's everybody back at the prison going to think???!! I kind of agree with most of what Chris Jericho(?) said on the Talking Dead.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am sick about this ep. This is my least favorite episode ever. I'm not up to part in "Talking" yet where they show the results of the poll, but if the general public thought Carol should be ejected from the group, I'll be shocked.

Also, I knew right away they were making us like the hippie girl too much for her to make it through the ep :-(

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel a little better after seeing the poll results.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
Wow, I didn't see that coming.
It's going to be interesting to see if the prison group cares that Rick banished Carol after he explains why.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I thought that Chris Jericho (sp?) was also right on and had some real insight into tonight's episode about having to let go. I disagree that Carol lost her compassion and was killing just to murder. She was doing what she thought was right in order to save the group. Rick said he wouldn't want her around his children if it came down to her and them but I disagree. Carol would protect them with every fiber of her being to keep them safe. Rick was afraid of how Tyreece would react. Rick didn't give Carol a time to plead her case before the counsel. If I was involved in a zombie apocalypse I would want #1 Darryl, #2 Michonne, #3 Carol. Rick wouldn't even be in radar to keep me safe. Rick talked about how Lorie wanted a family who had pancakes on Sunday, but I think that's what he wants too. Carol always had to do what she had to do to survive all the way back to when her husband abused her. I think Rick's going to get a lot of flack when he reaches the prison.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Carol is actually ON the Council but Rick isn't, right?

They go out of their way to start some form of self government so they create the Council.....but then a non-Council member decides on a whim to banish a Council member in good standing?

I think Rick is going to have to face the music when he basically disregarded any possibility of input from their new "government" and took it upon himself to oust a major member of said "government". Isn't that the definition of a coup?

Is the Ricktatorship back?

Also, I noticed that no one on Talking Dead brought up the possibility that Carol would not be back in future episodes....so maybe she's not actually off the show. I personally think (hope) she will be back at some point.

Of course, this is "Walking Dead" and they aren't very reticent about killing off great characters (Sophie, Merle, Shane, etc...), so Carol might only come back as a fence walker. I'd hate to see Daryl have to put an arrow through her head as she's trying to eat Lizzie's face or something. :-(

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think they would have had to choose between Tyreese and Carol. Frankly, once he found out, he would have killed her.

And I was like Rick, after seeing how she could make that decision on her own, because she had become so cold, I wouldn't trust her around my kids either.

But then, I never liked the Carol character, and this season came to really dislike her, so I dont' mind that she's gone.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked Carol until this season, but I think they've made her uncharacteristically cold, more than would have happened in the seven months gap between seasons. She's been able to cope for a long time but the change seemed too much.

I think if I had my children with me during the zombie apocalypse I wouldn't feel safe around her either. She would protect them with everything she had but then if they were bitten it would be oh well... stab. That might be the right thing to end their suffering but if they were my kids that would have been my decision not hers.

I think Rick was thinking for himself as a parent, but also for harmony within the group as he knew some would want her to stay and some would want her to go. I'd have thought it could at least wait until after this immediate crisis and then the council could have been told and then decide what to do. I think if everyone had spoken to her and tried to show her that the decision wasn't hers to make they might have been able to live together. Right now they've lost a valued member of their group.

I think she'll be back, although I hate the Carol fence-walker idea! I expect she'll stay close and we'll see her living in the woods or a house and then something bad will happen and she'll join forces with the group and everyone will get back together. Possibly involving the Governor.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Carol could possibly meet up with Sam or run into the General and join whatever group he has left- LOL

I also wasn't big on her character especially this year.

Daryl might be mad tho- LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought they had moved away from any Darrel/Carol romance for some time now. I know they tried it, but it just didnt' seem to work.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think that's why we've seen quite a bit of a Darryl-Michonne spark, because there will be less Darryl-Carol interaction, at least for a while. I think Carol is more like an aunt to him anyway, not exactly maternal, but not like a potential mate.

I noticed for the first season Melissa McBride is in the main credits for the show, whereas all other years she's been as a name after the credits (guest starring?). That was another reason why I think she'll be back.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I know absolutely nothing, so no spoiler here, just an idea, but what if Carol was covering for someone else who killed David and Tyreese's girlfriend? What if it was Lizzie and Carol was trying to protect her?

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Rick might not believe he can trust Carol, but he has made some really questionable decisions himself in past seasons that would make me a little afraid to trust him as well. His own son killed another kid in cold blood and basically Rick just took the gun away. And what about the boy at the farm, that they "had" to get rid of to protect their group? (which seemed like the same kind of proactive move Carol was going for) Or the hitchhiker he left to get eaten?

In the beginning, the series had the women mainly cooking and cleaning up after the men. Finally, they let them become stronger and gave us stronger characters until we got someone great like Michonne. If Carol hadn't toughened up, she never would have survived and if she's lost some of her humanity, she's no different than Rick or Carl. It feels like they are holding the women to a different standard than the men.

Like Sanfran said above, they have a government now who should be making the decisions. Rick, who wanted to be a farmer and not the leader, suddenly has the right to banish someone?

Carol might have saved them all if the others hadn't been already infected. She was right about that part, even if she went about it in the wrong way. But, I think she didn't do it because she's become so cold-blooded. I think she did it to save the children and everyone else.

I liked her giving Rick the watch from her ex-husband at the end. Nice symbolism to show that she doesn't need to depend on Rick or anyone else anymore.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Did you all see the actor who played Rick talk about why Rick let her go?

Ultimately it was because she was going rogue. Lying to the parents about what she was teaching the children, killing the pair without asking anyone. She had just taken it upon herself to know what was best without consulting others. He had to think about protecting his own kids And he knew Tyreese would kill her.

Thing is, if she had gone back, it would have destroyed the community once they knew the things she was doing on her own, and her fate would likely have been worse. So ultimately, he did what was best for both Carol and the group.

As for the boy at the farm, Rick was the one who wanted to let him go, not kill him. It was Shane who wanted him dead.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Rick was going to let him go, but then changed his mind after fighting with Shane and brought him back to the farm. He was about to execute him but Shane had set him free and then killed him. It doesn't seem that different than what Carol did if he had gone through with his plan. He wanted to kill him in order to protect the rest of the group, which is what she was doing, too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was different, Rick never acted alone. Shane did, however.

Carol killed their *own* without consulting anyone. People that were loved by others in the community. That's a LOT different.

JMO, but then I really didn't like who Carol was becoming. And she seemed to feel no remorse.

At least Rick is struggling to figure out who he should be, and a new morality.

I also note that Rick wanted to protect the two new young people, seeing them as naive and unable to cope. Carol essentially coldly sent them out to gather supplies in a "swim or die" kind of mentality.

Carol didn't care.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
The young couple insisted they wanted to help - Carol didn't force them. If Rick wanted to help them why not just suggest he take one and Carol the other?
And how come that leg looked more like it had been severed than gnawed off?

Carol killed one (two) of their own. So did Carl.
If Rick had found out it was Carl who had killed them, what would he have done?

It just feels like the rules are so arbitrary. Carol can't teach the girls to use knives, but Carl can carry a gun. Teaching them how to survive feels less rogue and more like common sense survival. Rick is okay with Carl carrying a gun because he wants his child to survive. Maybe Carol feels that if she had done that with Sophia, she too might still be alive.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Rick knew better, and wanted to stop the couple from going along. Carol didn't force them, but she *INSISTED* that they go out.

Carl had to earn his gun back after it was taken away, and he was being dealt with by his father.

If Rick had found out it was Carl, he would have left with him. Because Tyreese would have killed Carl. Essentially the same outcome.

Carol was going behind the parents' backs.

Sophia was too long ago, they've all changed now. So I don't think that factors in.

The thing with Carol, is something has gone wrong with her. Cruelly trying to get that young girl to stab her own father in her head. Teaching the kids behind their parents' back. Killing two members of the community without consulting anyone. Telling that young girl to not call her mom. Tough is necessary. Uncaring and lacking sympathy and respect for others is not.