TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 19, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Talk (CBS): Archive through October 19, 2013 users admin

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    

Jun wrote a whole blog about her contentious relationship with Julie and a big issue for Jun was Julie having the surgery

http://jundishes.com/2013/08/08/dear-julie-chen/

Dear Julie Chen
Posted on August 8, 2013 By Jun Song

Dear Julie Chen:

I know you remember me though you’ll never acknowledge me, but I do have some words for you. Woman-to-Woman. I never liked you, and I judged you before I even met you in 2003, because of your very public affair with the President and CEO of CBS Les Moonves before he was ever divorced. Your sleeping with a married man with children in the public eye was unacceptable to me then, and it’s unacceptable to me now.

Your multiple reconstructions to your facial structure to lose your naturally Chinese features sent a message to me and other Asian women at the time, that looking more “white” is how you got ahead in life. Your drastic plastic surgeries were unacceptable to me then, but now I understand more the pressures you must have been under at the time your career needed a boost. You must have faced worse racism than anything any of these Big Brother Houseguests could throw at you or me, because I know that in a white corporate conglomerate being Asian sets you apart. Racism is closeted and hidden to the highest degree, and I don’t want to judge you anymore for what you felt you had to do to fit in to be a cookie-cutter journalist…and apple of the Moonves eye.

<snip>

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure what Jun's point was. That Julie should be up in arms about the racist comments in the BB house? That because Les is her husband she can have a tantrum about it rather than play her designated role as professional host? Jun just seems a bit beyond judgemental IMO.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't know what her point was in that article but what I have seen from following her on Twitter is while Jun is smart, funny and witty she can also be amazingly vicious and vindictive at times. I finally unfollowed her because the frequent unpleasantness just overwhelmed any humor or entertainment value or insights.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, smart, funny, and witty, but also unkind and vicious. And now that she's a mother and still behaving that way is disappointing. OFten motherhood will soften that part of someone.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
The point for Jun was this season of Big Brother turned her off to the show completely and she stopped watching like many others and also this blog was posted before Big Brother actually addressed the racism on the show.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch todays secret? Who and what?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It was Sara re her sexuality. Little difficult to follow what she was saying. Her eyes were getting moist and red. All the secrets have been serious -- not just fluff.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't really understand Sara's secret. We all knew she dated Johnny Galecki, but her confession seemed to be that after every one of their dates, she would cry because she was struggling with sexual identity. But I think we already knew that. Then she started talking about how the next person she dated was 18 years older than she was, and she was also very famous. So I figured she was going to reveal who it was, but she didn't.

I love Sara, but I don't feel like she told us a secret.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ha Ha!

Aisha was on Jay Leno tonight to promote her new book, and of course the topic of Sharon's secret came up.

Aisha presented Jay with a little floral arrangement from Sharon shaped in a heart.
The card said "Dear Jay, thanks for memories and for driving me into the arms of the prince of darkness"....LOL

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 4:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I wasn't quite sure exactly what her "secret" was either, but whatever it was she was trying to say, her story still made me cry.

LOL...the revelation to me was that she & Johnny had dated during the Roseanne years. I had no idea. :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Seems to me I'd heard about their dating back then. It wasn't a surprise to me. I think Sara was having a hard time making her secret exactly clear. It is re her sexuality. I think it's more along the lines that today she still isn't totally comfortable with it herself. She still worries a little about how it might effect her career and other areas of her public life.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I think it's more along the lines that today she still isn't totally comfortable with it herself.

That's what it sounded like her "secret" was to me, too.

So far, 3 out of 4 of them have shared a very personal struggle. I admire them even more than I did before for their openness.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, she has talked many times about how she dated Johnny, and that it was while she was dating him that she realized she was gay. That part definitely wasn't the secret.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Seeing her words in writing make it much more clear to me what her message/secret was.

This is what she said in closing yesterday:

"I want to live a true life. Beyond that, we do often say things like 'it gets better' – and it does get better. I have an amazing life, but I want people to know that there can still be a struggle with it, and that's ok. There can be a part of you that doesn't want to feel different or feel scared. And that may be more important than any of it."

PS I knew the part about Johnny wasn't the secret...I was just saying that it was news to me. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
See, I feel like she has conveyed that message many times. It doesn't make it any less of a struggle or less important. I just really feel she has said things like it before, and it wasn't a secret.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was Sheryl's turn today. Now this was sad.

She was born a twin, premature. Both she and her sister had to be incubated for a time but her sister didn't live. She always carries her sister's birth certificate.

Sheryl's mom use to tell her that her dad killed her sister. That he asphyxiated her somehow (it was a lie from her mother). Some time later she saw her mother stab her father. So to get through it she started to talk to her twin as an angel.

Now she carries her sister with her on her shoulder everywhere.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I wish Sheryl had told us a little more! Did her mother kill her father when she stabbed him? Did Sheryl spend time in foster homes because of her mother's obvious crazy and murderous actions? I cannot imagine what she had to live with having amother who told her that her father was to blame for baby's death, when it wasn't true!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was pretty cool that they addressed the questions. We found out Sheryl's dad didn't die from the stabbing, but he was hospitalized.

Tomorrow Julie said she going to address all the rumors about her having more plastic surgery than she has actually had.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Really, Julie should just drop it--methinks she doth protest a little too much.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ummm, she mentioned it once after 13 years of people accusing? LOL

So mentioning it once after this many years is protesting too much?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yeah, drop it, Julie. Sometimes she makes the show about -- me me me -- too much. Getting tired of Julie.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I think that blog of Jun's is mean spirited and vicious. Chenbot's life is none of your business--move on.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Not sure why, getting to the point I cannot stand Julie Chen. Lately have not been watching because of her. Anyone else?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Color - For me it happened in the first season . . . .

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I find the show spends the first half hour getting into gossipy stories of celebs and their reaction to it--which gets pretty boring. So now I may watch for 10 mintutes to see who the guest is and change to something else.
This show used to be a lot more interesting to me, but something changed.