TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 27, 2013 users admin

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
My thoughts:
- Kathy Bates is amazing
- If I was a witch I would be pissed if my powers was to *** someone to death.
- The school seems lame.
- Saw the frat party problem and solution coming but didn't see the one kid dying.
- All in all the jury is out if I will continue watching however I can say that it did invade my dreams last night.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm such a wimp. I didn't watch the first two seasons, but the Witch storyline caught my eye. I was out within 10 minutes. Once she went into the attic full of enslaved, tortured slaves I was done. I'm just too much of a wimp to handle the gore.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl - I know what you mean. That first part was gruesome. I quit then, too and watched the rest today. The rest of the episode wasn't so gory. I wish they would tone down the gore-shock. The stories are good enough, they don't need that.

Kathy Bates seemed like she was channeling Betty Davis - her voice inflections were exactly the same.

Jessica Lange is awesome as usual. So was Angela Bassett.

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I had some trouble with Kathy's "accent". Had to put on CC, lol.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Every season has had their bloody gruesome parts, all the way through. It's not new to this season.

(eta, just an explanation to those those that haven't seen the past seasons and may think the slasher aspect is something new)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, they definitely put the "horror" back in scary shows.

I am loving it so far....these characters are all very interesting and Jessica Lange is still in top form. Kathy Bates' character was about a million times more twisted that I ever would've guessed. I wonder what other unpredictable surprises they have in store....? Bwahaha...

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm watching and keep putting my hands up to my eyes in horror, but loving the scared feeling all the same. I keep reminding myself it's not real which leads me to applaud the realistic scenes of horror so far. Kathy Bates, Jessica Lange, Angela Bassett....awesome actors!!

May the ducky bumps continue on my arms for episodes to come...lol.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I missed Sanfran's Aug 3 post above before I watched the first episode, and didn't realize that the Kathy Bates character was based on a real person. Did some reading about Madame LaLaurie and it sounds like what they showed was based on what she actually did - which makes it all the more horrific knowing that someone would commit such atrocities. I thought maybe she was playing the character a little over-the-top, but guess not.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
There's a free(!) Kindle book I downloaded yesterday, "Strange True Stories of Louisiana" which has stories about Marie Laveau and Madame LaLaurie. For those who don't know, you can download a free Kindle reader from Amazon for any device too.

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Thanks for sharing that, Redpen.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Oh. My. God.

This show just gets better, but not better every episode...it gets better every minute!

I love Kathy Bates in this...she is absolutely perfect for this role. Seeing from the trailer for next week that she becomes the maid for the school is poetic justice....could that be anymore perfect? And my head started to spin when I realized that Madison and Zoe were cobbling together a brand new boyfriend for Zoe from the best parts left from the other frat boys, Frankenstein-style. WOW! I never would've expected to see something like that in a million years

Every time I settle in for the ride of a new episode, the story takes a swift left turn into I-never-saw-that-coming land.

Love it. Love it. Love it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm expecting that Kathy's character is somehow going to find out that Marie (Angela Basset) is still around, and will try to seek revenge. But I think first somehow Fiona is going to try to use Kathy Bates to force Marie to give her the immortal spell, or at least come to some kind of deal, perhaps an exchange.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I agree, this was the best episode yet. Kathy Bates is absolutely amazing. When she was sitting in front of her old house, she had the perfect expression of bewilderment at all the changes, but seemed as upset about the fact there was a plaque on the front as she was that her daughters had all been killed.

You have to wonder what kind of baby that Sarah Paulson is going to have.

And Evan Peters was really amazing with the way he was trying to get used to the new body parts - and being alive again. At least now Tarissa Farmiga won't have to worry about having a relationship with him as her boyfriend. I wouldn't think she would be able to kill the undead.

Jessica Lange has been outstanding in all three of her roles. I wouldn't have thought she could have topped season two, but she's every bit as good in this one.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Really, I thought the Frankenstein aspect was pretty silly and below this show. I guess we'll see what becomes of it.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I did some research and was amazed to find that Madame LaLaurie was a real person and pretty much did exactly what the show says she did. Freaky!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I am so jazzed by the inclusion of Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks' music in the show. For rock fans, Stevie has always been the beautiful white witch. The song, Rhiannon, was written about a Welsh witch that she knew(or didn't, maybe she made it all up)...which just happens to be one of the best Fleetwood Mac songs ever written. Lily Rabe even resembles Stevie to a degree...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ITA!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This ep was so good I watched it twice!

(I'm still laughing at the term "baby gravy") LOL

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I missed that one, Naja (phone call). What was it (gravy) referring to?

I have to say, Jessica Lang is FANTASTIC in this, and Kathy Bates is too. Jessica has always been one of my fav actors and if she had chosen to do more Hollywood stuff, I think she would top Meryl for oscars. She's one of the very best there is. I'm liking this season more than the last; I missed the first season don't know anything about that one.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
That last episode pushed all the envelopes. I am scarred for life.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Holly, when Cordelia was seeking a spell to get pregnant, Laveau told her “You bring us two ounces of your husband's baby gravy in a Mason jar.”

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Ah, I missed that!! Thanks, Naja :-)

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Watched the most recent episode this afternoon and thought it was great. So far, I like this season better than the previous seasons. I really didn't care for last season at all.
Much of this episode had me on the edge of my seat with my jaw dropped. Can't wait for next week!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ITA! the mother son thing was soooo gross

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh I'm just now getting that Fiona and Cordelia are mother and daughter. I thought they were sisters. I agree Holly JL has always been my favorite actress ever since Frances and the Postmen Always Rings Twice.