TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 27, 2013 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When the nerdy kid with glasses died with blood coming from his eyes, the first thing I thought of was ebola or some type of Hemorrhagic fever. Then Violet (the pig) passed away so I googled "pig ebola" and found that in 2008 they discovered a strain of ebola in the Philippines that could infect pigs and then the pigs infected monkeys, possibly through airborne transmission.

An outbreak of ebola in a prison with a lot of people could set the stage for a very nasty surprise. I think ebola kills very quickly (days) and if they die and turn, it could spell big trouble in prison city.

I had wondered why they kept showing a close up of that one fence zombie with the bloody eyes...now I think it's gonna point to a mass outbreak. They also seemed to make it a point to show us a barrel of water twice...one outside that Rick drank from and one that supplied the shower where the kid died....maybe this disease is in the water.

At any rate EXCELLENT episode and a great start to season 4! Yay!

Oh yeah...I was half expecting Violet to look up at Rick with head eyes and snarl! :-)

It would be a fun twist if they discovered the pigs could become walkers...they do have systems that are closely compatible with humans...people get pig valves implanted and I think they make insulin from pigs...or is that sheep? Anyhow, I know they test a lot of stuff on pigs because of some unique compatibility with humans.

PS - Kitt, I saw in Talking Bad that the showrunner said "6 or 7 months" have passed between last season's finale and tonights' premiere....in case you are still keeping up with your timeline.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
This is scary!!! Does this creepy woman do something to rick? And do any major players die tonight?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You have to post your thoughts immediately after every show Sanfran, you always point out or bring up interesting things! I thought it (the bug) was in the water, and that maybe Patrick had been drinking from an infected source (as was the pig) but the blood all over his face probably was what they were trying to show us. I seem to remember pig dna is very close to human dna so I'm sure Violet has a version of whatever Patrick has.

Yes, it's pig insulin. Piggie walkers would be fantastic. Oink.

I thought for sure Clara was hoping Rick would be dinner, though it didn't click for a while that hubby would be a walker-head, I just thought they gone cannibal.

Of course I am timelining ;)! I can't help myself, and I think it's fascinating that so much time seems to have passed and it end up being just days.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So far we have:

Season 1: Days 1 to 5 from Rick waking up in hospital and 190 days "since Wildfire declared," 58 days "since the disease went abruptly global." (Rick alone; meets Morgan; Atlanta tank and Glenn and Merle on the roof; reunited with Lori; camp and the walker attack)

Season 2: Days 4-12 and 20-23. (lost Sofia; Carl is shot; Hershel's farm; Lori pregnant; walkers in the barn; Barnageddon and walker Sofia. Dale killed by walker; Shane turns on Rick, Rick shoots Shane, Carl shoots walker-Shane; walkers overrun the farm, most escape; Andrea saved by Michonne.}

Season3: 7 or 8 months after end of Season 2, within days 1-15 (clear out prison; find prisoners; chop off Hershell's leg; Michonne and Andrea taken to Woodbury; walkers overrun prison, T-Dog dies and Lori dies during childbirth; Walker-Penny; Walker Fight Club; Rick goes crazy; Merle captures Glenn and Maggie; gang go to Woodbury; captured Darryl and Merle fight club. Merle joins gang; Woodbury people attack the prison; crazy Morgan; Andrea peace camp; Milton rebels; walker Milton bites Andrea, dead Andrea; Woodbury attacks prison again but lose, Governor murders his own people; Rick and gang take in the survivors.)

Now Season 4, six or seven months since the end of season 3 so about 15 months since Rick woke up, 17 months since the disease went global, 21 months since Wildfire declared.

S4.Day1
S4E1 Gang, Woodbury survivors and strays have made the prison into a farm with livestock. It's been "30 days since a workplace accident." Walkers have started coming to the fence in larger numbers. A Council has been formed with Darryl being a key player. Carol secretly teaches the kids knife skills. Beth's boyfriend is killed during a run, but Beth doesn't care anymore. Rick almost becomes food for Clara's walker-head husband. Violet the pig dies. Kid Patrick begins to feel ill, very quickly starts coughing up blood, contaminating the water room, dies in the shower. Patrick's bleeding eyes turn walker.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
On "talking" they brought up the fact that when Clara and Rick were getting close to her camp , she said something like "It's just ahead"...LOL!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
We haven't seen baby Judith yet.

And the walkers seem more aggressive this season - more like the walkers from WWZ

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We did see baby Judith briefly, she was wearing a pretty bonnet and was incredibly cute.

Those World War Z walkers were so scary and relentless! I noticed here they had a range of walkers, some were really grey and decayed and some were more juicy. When they started with that bloody eyed walker for a second I wasn't sure if the walkers had gone extra crazy (but I was getting it mixed up with the end of True Blood).

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
OMG that woman Clara creeped me out! And the walkers falling through the ceiling! Wholly crap! Happy this show is back! Its the only thing I watch other than reality shows.

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Is world war z worth watching?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Missy2, I love zombie flicks but I was pretty underwhelmed with WWZ.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I, on the other hand, liked WWZ. But my favorite zombie flicks are both older movies, Dawn of the Dead (1978), and Night of the Comet (1984).

And like many others, I am really glad this show is back on. I really missed it, and after the final scene I can see some really bad stuff in the future for the prison community. I wonder who will live and who will die...

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 3:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
What baffles our household is everyone notices the sick pig but the vet? Remember the older man whose leg was chopped at the knee is a vet and he doesn't tend to the animals? They don't take the sick pig out of the pen?

Other than that loved the show!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
In the next week preview it shows someone feeding live rats to the walkers- hmmm wonder who that is going to be?

I originally thought maybe it would turn out to be the General- but rats were being fed from inside the fence.

That would be why all the zombies are at the fence.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah...it looks like feeding the walkers is as bad as feeding a stray cat....they'll keep coming back as long as there's food there.

I had figured it was either the Governor or someone from Woodbury that is still loyal to the Governor and who went undercover to live at the prison to sabotage them.

Then it crossed my mind that it might be those stupid kids who were naming the walkers in the last episode.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Kitt and Sanfran....love your insights on the show. :-)

Missy2

07-31-2001

Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
Omg that episode scared me! I am such a girl.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did you see the trailer in Talking dead? Wait until next week!!

I thought the bloody eyed walkers were normal walkers who had become infected with the "aggressive flu strain" but of course they are humans who were infected, then died and became walkers.

I think we're going to see that Michonne backstory, it really does seem like she might have lost a child at some point, to have that extreme reaction to baby Judy. For a while I thought she might be infected, first she fell over - unusual for her - and then she had a bad reaction to Judy's crying, as if she might have a migraine, which I thought might be a symptom. I think that was just because of her baby issue though.

Has Carol gone a little over the edge? It's one thing to teach little girls to protect themselves but another to call them weak for not wanting to kill their daddy!

Poor little piggies.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I did see the trailer for next week's episode on TWD! Talk about intense! Kitt, I was afraid for Michonne too when she fell and had the adverse reaction to Judith crying. What a great acting job! Had me in tears the whole time she was holding her! Who in the world is feeding rats to the walkers? And who lit those two bodies on fire up on the rooftop? I hold my breath the entire time I watch this show!

Missy2

07-31-2001

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy2 a private message Print Post    
I did not see the preview! I wonder if I can catch the same preview on the site. That show is intense! From scared to crying! Then to happy joy about the baby. So crazy. I can't wait to watch next week!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
When I read spoilers awhile back it said 2 prominate characters would die in 1st 2 episodes along with many others. had me worried.

I never really liked that Karen character and not crazy about the other black woman (sorry dont know her name- from woodburys comunity) - so I'd be okay if her character dies too

They are adding too many characters to the originals- I don't like that! Lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is the sneak peak they showed on Talking Dead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j7wSFYD2PY

and this is a promo for the next episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAyBPqQq3xY
which is even worse!

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, I understand what you are saying about adding new characters, but as long as the newbies die and let the originals live on for another day, I'm alright with that! lol How in the world do the characters survive from that promo! And, I'm such a sap, I cried when Rick had to burn his sheriff's shirt!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Are those from Woodbury the carriers of this new fatal disease?
It does seem odd of Carol to expect that young girl to kill off her father, and then be disappointed when she lost her nerve? I can only imagine that losing her own child to the zombies makes her want to keep other children from being victims.
I hated seeing those little screaming pigs sacrificed to the creatures. With Rick covered in their blood, is he going to get sick for sure? He did say the disease could have originated with the pigs.
It certainly did look as if Michonne was remembering a baby that was close to her and most likely dead now. Something like that would certainly turn a grieving mother into a Amazon warrior killing every zombie in her path!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The very last 5 seconds of the show tonight is the most important, and I would have missed if I hadn't decided to also record the first showing of "Talking" that directly follows. (I have comcast, and the dvr cut right before the end) Normally I record the second showing of Talking. I would have been really ticked off having to wait another couple hours to find out what happened in those last few seconds!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it kicked off that for me also, wonder why the timing was off?