TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Blacklist - NBC: ARCHIVE : Archive through October 20, 2013 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, October 12, 2013 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I agree about Spader and his presence. He is the reason to watch.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
From 'Today Entertainment':

http://www.today.com/entertainment/james-spader-strikes-gold-again-blacklist-8C11376610

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Creepy episode last night. Shades of Dexter and Breaking Bad. Not sure how much more the FBI gal can take.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Totally creepy bad guy this time!

But i did finally realize who the husband is... i kept thinking he was on Beverly Hills 90210 but couldnt pinpoint when - then realized he was on the spinoff - 90210 - as the teacher the first three years...

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Anyone catch who destroyed the Stewmaker's farm and turned him into a psycho, how Red knows all that, etc? Also, who wrote 'Angel Station' on the pad? If it was the husband, why would she go to the trouble of scribbling thru it so he woudn't see the writing. Either I missed these explanations or there are big gaps in the story lines.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I went back and looked. The name of the hotel that the husband gave her the brochure for was Angel Station. The plot thickens.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
She saw Angle Station and the date when she was snooping through files she shouldn't see at the FBI. She wrote it down so she could research it.

As for the story he told about the farm. I'm not sure that was a real story or a metaphor or who he was talking about (the Stewmaker or himself). I took it as a metaphor or a story about himself. I think we may find out more later. I'd be interested to hear other's interpretations.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
When she traced the bullet from the husband's stashed gun to a FBI crime scene shooting, she got a redacted report that only clue was "Angel Station" or the file # led her to the box marked "Angel Station" & date (I believe). I think that location & date was a date she shared with her husband.

I need to find someone (like Alan Sepinwall but he's not reviewing this show so far) to explain what's going on, I don't watch closely enough & I fear that this show is going to need details tracked.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I rewatched the farmer metaphor story & didn't get a clue if he was talking about the dentist/stewmaker or himself or both maybe.

But found a recap that goes into the husband's secret story -

Early in the episode, Liz tries to sneak a peek at the classified ballistics report from Tom’s gun, and all she sees are the words “Angel Station" and the date of “June 23, 2012.” Liz writes the info down and tries to look it up online when she gets home, a decision that leads to Tom recognizing the writing on the pad. “June 23, 2012,” he explains, was “the best day ever,” as they took a trip up to Boston together.

Tom announces he’s taking Liz on a weekend vacation to the same Boston hotel they’d stayed in the year before…Angel Station.

http://www.rickey.org/blacklist-season-1-episode-4-recap-review-stewmaker/

James Spader is incredible in this role he has so many layered nuances that unfold by the second. I find it entrancing.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Ah, the classified ballistics report! I forgot about that. And as for the Stewmaker's story, good thinking Brenda. Good sleuthing, guys.

I was also intrigued by what caused all the marks on his body--looked like cuts and burns. And yet they were only on his front, his back was clear. I guess we'll never find out as his story seemed to end as he sizzled in the acid! He certainly was a weird and strange character.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I figured the scars were chemical burns from all his stew making. ICK!

The more I think about it, I think the story was about himself. Remember he took that photo from the stewmaker's book. It suggested to me that the stewmaker harmed someone close to Spader.
I wonder who was in that photo. Almost looked like a young woman.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
James Spader is a wonderful actor , I knew he was good but with this character he is awesome.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Brenda, you'd think he'd buy himself a rubber apron or some haz-mat protective gear. Maybe he was both sado-machistic and got off on the pain; yet he looked totally devoid of any emotion as he tortured her, so guess it's not that.
Damn, I hate loose ends--drives me batty!

And yes, Spader is very good in this. I always remember him in White Palace with Susan Sarandon. Loved him in that movie.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
When Red was looking at the photo of the young woman her head was angled in an odd way, they then cut to Elizabeth and she was holding her head in the same position. The photo was taken from early on in the book so I thought maybe it was Elizabeth's mother who'd been killed by the bad guy years ago when she was still young. As the bad guy just disposed of bodies (rather than sought out victims (I think)) it might be that Red did something that put the mother in jeopardy and he wants to atone for that.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Yes, I noticed the similarity in the way the heads angled and both their eyes looking to the side.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Speculation here...the story Spader told the Stewmaker was about his family. Spader is Liz's older brother (older by 15 years or so) who was away (grown man) when this happened to his parents, leaving baby Lizzy alive who was raised in a foster home. Spader kept tract of her all this time and now that she is grown and a FBI agent he comes back into her life to support and protect her. Using her to get evil people yet also protecting her in his own way.

I think the picture he took was his mom. Or maybe it was his sister or wife??? But same story with Lizzy...she is some how related to him and he has watched over her all this time although she remembers nothing of him.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the ages are wrong for a brother. But he could easily be an uncle (brother of the pictured woman) or good friend of the mother or both parents. It's definitely some protector role and I think being her father would be too predictable.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Their heads were angled that way because of the shot he gave them in the neck, which paralyzed them. His head was at the same angle before Red pushed him into the stew.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Merrysea, I thought he was the disposer not the killer & was under the impression that her case was different than normal. He gave her the paralyzing shot to torture her but I thought most of his cases were of already dead clients that wouldn't require a shot.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think so too, he disposed of bodies, not killed people (usually).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Could anyone see who the picture was that he took from the photo album?

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
It was a photo of a young woman. We don't know who it is yet.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh my! So many details to keep track of! James Spader is truly an awesome actor. If he's not nominated for a Best Actor Emmy next year, it'll be a crime.

This was a very dark episode and very hard to watch. I'm glad they didn't dwell too much on the torture stuff, cause I have a low threshold for that. I kept telling my husband, "I don't think I like this show anymore!"

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After many wasted hours (well not that long) thinking on it, it finally hit me who Keen resembles. Keen looks like she could be the dark haired sister of Erika Christensen (The girl that plays Julia Parenthood).

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know what kind of dog the Stewmaker had?