TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 05, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Mike and Molly: Archive through June 05, 2013 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, I think they completely screwed up a couple basic film school rules. (as far how to present the penultimate and ultimate so close together in a scene, not to mention in reverse, as far as importance to the viewers.) In other words, the director and writers really screwed up to have so many people that watched have missed the announcement that Molly is pregnant.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching it and waited to hear her announcement since I had read about it here. I played it back several times and never heard her say she was pregnant. My TV set is old as are my ears, but I did not hear that at all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mama, she didn't actually say she was pregnant. (watch the video I posted above) What happened was she told Mike to be a little more responsible after the baby is born.

And he replied "Yeah, whenever that is"

And Molly Replied "Should be about 9 months from now".

And Mike screams "I'm gonna be a dad!" as the whole audience cheers.

(eta, and then it's all interrupted by a tree branch crashing through the window as they rush to huddle)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Btw, yet more proof the director screwed up the actually delivery of the news.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Now this is strange because I rewound that after watching your clip. It isn't on my tape. It goes from him telling her about the birds right to the group in the bed. The tree crashing in isn't even there. I wonder if there wasn't some sort of digital "skip". I don't know how those things work, it's all a mystery to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mama, I know you are trying to rationalize why you didn't see it, but I saw the same live east coast first airing, and it was all there.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Friday, May 31, 2013 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Same here mama. It didn't record on my dvr.

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 4:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Nor was it on mine. It was just missed out for many of us, i.e. a "digital short" or skip or something.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wish I had save the recording because I swear it wasnt on mine either but I will admit that my mind did wander and think of the Tornado victims when I saw them in the basement

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I missed the storm and her announcement that she was pregnant, too.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I meant the tree crashing in, not the whole storm.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
You can watch it HERE

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I tried to google to see if others missed the part that some of us here missed and didnt see anything. Im so curious about this. I dont think there has ever been a scene that so many swear wasnt there

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
GUESS WHAT!!!???? we are NOT crazy! LOL I just saw this posted on the FB page

found a Canadian copy of the Season Finale. In it... Molly tells Mike that she is pregnant... Well they finally aired the Finale in the US... and I discovered they cut out the part where Molly tells Mike she's pregnant! Wonder what's up?!?!?!?....

So there were TWO versions!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
THANK YOU PAMY!!! I actually tried to sync up the clip on here with my recording. Couldn't do it, but no matter how many times I rewatched, there was no announcement and no tree. I know I'm old but I didn't think I was crazy quite yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's so weird, you guys. I'm curious how did the scene end if there was no announcement and no tree branch? I can't even imagine it. That's what drove the end of the scene. Those 2 things are exactly the last 30 seconds of the scene. If the last 30 seconds got cut off somehow, you wouldn't know she was pregnant or have seen the tree.

Tlc_twns

03-28-2011

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tlc_twns a private message Print Post    
I just watched it on my DVR. The branch came thru the window and they all jumped up and hugged and they told each other they loved them. I did notice when I started it that The Big Bang Theory ran long so maybe they had to trim a minute or two from the airing. Weird.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
See, now that makes no sense. Some saw the tree part, but not Molly saying the baby will be here in 9 months, while others say there was no tree or Molly saying the baby being here in 9 months. I saw it all.

Here's the scene again on youtube since it seems to have been pushed back in the archives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw94y_uP4jY

My opinion is that some stations cut in with the commercial too early, and some dvrs cut off the end. I really don't think they would have purposely cut out the most important part of the show.

I wish someone could find a video of this messed up ending online. I am really curious!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Tlctwins, thats how mine was and then it cut off in the middle of them hugging thats why I thought I my recording just cut off the part Naja talks about but when I watched the clip she announces she is preggers before the hug so i was so confused LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I even read an article that talked about this show ending with a fuzzle with no cliffhanger ie: no mention of her pregnancy!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 01, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So many people said they missed the part where they showed the newscast of the overturned truck and the loose ostriches. Here's a cap....LOL

(that's not my tv in the cap. On the actual show they showed M&M's tv. You know what I mean)

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I saw the tree come through the window but not her saying she was pregnant. So Weird~

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
So weird! I KNOW the show I watched did not have her saying she was pregnant, or anything about 'should be in 9 months' or whatever....they went from talking about the ostriches to the tree crashing in and the huddle - and the ostrich guy talking on the news...NOTHING about pregnancy. I expected it, so I remember my husband and I discussing after it was over that we were surprised that they weren't pregnant yet and how that was probably a good thing since a lot of "heavier" couples have to wait a while - not all, but a lot. We thought it was a good in a reality sort of thing.

Kaysarluvsme

08-07-2005

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
My version also skipped right from the ostrich talk to the tree crash and the huddle. No pregnancy announcement on my dvr either.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My version also skipped right from the ostrich talk to the tree crash and the huddle. No pregnancy announcement on my dvr either.

I'm so relieved that I'm not crazy!