TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through October 04, 2013 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Some shows you can't fast forward through and some you can. The commercials don't bother me that much. They are not as much as a regular show watching and I can do a few things in the mean time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you have comcast gray remote, the "page up" button on the left side of the remote will skip forward 5 minutes in both recorded shows and on-demand, even the on-demand shows that don't allow fast forward.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Brooklyn 99 on Fox was really funny. Looking forward to ep#2 tonight

Gidget

07-28-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Trophy Wife was a lot better than I expected.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"Back in the Game" with James Caan and Maggie Lawson was really cute. It's a sitcom about a woman who is a baseball coach for a little league team of misfits. Wednesdays ABC. Maggie Lawson is the woman cop from "Psych".

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't see The Crazy People with Robin Williams lasting very long.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I loved The Crazy Ones. Love Robin Williams!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SNL is back tonight with Tina Fey as host.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Every season I get excited at the thought of some great sitcoms getting added to my roster. I generally find them predictable and move back to dramas etal fairly quickly. Crazy Ones was a let down, I agree I can't see it lasting. I did enjoy Back in the Game, will give that one a shot. Was punishment forcing myself through an entire episodes of Dads but I acknowledge that I am hardly their target audience.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I loved The Crazy Ones.

Was disappointed with MJFox's sitcom. I really wanted to like it. But I don't care for the cast.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Have removed Williams from the DVR...just didn't entertain either my DD or me.

We both liked MJF's show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you have comcast gray remote, the "page up" button on the left side of the remote will skip forward 5 minutes in both recorded shows and on-demand, even the on-demand shows that don't allow fast forward.

Yes, and if you are watching OnDemand, you can then rewind the minute or two you might have missed by jumping forward 5 minutes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved seeing MJF and his wife acting together again...brought me back to the good ole days of Family Ties.

as I watched the ep I found myself being depressed because I didnt want to see him old. He is still Alex P Keaton and Marty Mcfly in my head

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am liking the new shows. Liked Robin, love Michael and really enjoyed moms. Given where I work, the AA jokes cracked me up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last minute reminder for some of tonight's scripted premieres....(Sunday, Sept 29)

Homeland (Showtime)
Masters of Sex (Showtime)
Eastbound and Down (HBO)
The Mentalist (CBS)
Hello Ladies (HBO)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 29, 2013 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Anybody watch Betrayal? BAD. The writing and acting. BAD. Don't waste your time.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I started watching Color. But the husband and the lover were so similar in features that I kept getting confused as to who was on screen.

Yes, bad writing and bad acting. No names whatsoever. They're trying to profit off Revenge's timeslot and style and it's not going to work.

I tried to look up some characters on IMBD and there's not even a full cast list. That's a bit telling to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight's last minute premiere reminder...

Sept 30

We Are Men (CBS)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
2 new sitcoms start tonight....

Welcome to the Family (NBC)

and

The Millers (CBS)

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I was pleasantly surprised by The Millers. I laughed quite a few times and I wasn't even closely watching...watching and cleaning.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
And there's also Sean Saves the World. I'm not much of a half-hour comedy person, but I enjoyed this one. I admit to being biased about Sean. He's from this very immediate area -- one suburb to the west, Glen Ellyn. His mom still lives there.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wanted to like Sean Saves The World because I like him so much,but it was just OK. I give it another chance or two. I like seeing Megan Hilty but all that singing and dancing talent seems to be wasted on a sitcom.

Connies

03-11-2010

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
So often the first couple of shows aren't as good until they find their groove. I did like the Miller's, mother is a hoot.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I think The Milers was kinda funny and of course since they followed Big Bang that will help. So over The Crazy Ones. We turned it off and watched a very old episode of King of the Hill on cartoon network. Then back over for 2-1/2 men. Loved that show forever, can't decide about this year. I think it will get better.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Not liking 2 1/2 Men. Do not like the new actress.Never liked Amber Tamblyn-is that her name? I was hoping she was going to live with Alans mother but she will be in the beach house.We already have a rough and gruff woman with the housekeeper.