TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 13, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 13, 2013 users admin

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, I like the female guest on TD too. Some of her comments are just what lots of us are thinking. Her name is Retta (Marietta Sirleaf). She's a stand-up comedian and plays Donna Meagle on the NBC comedy series Parks and Recreation.

The show tonight was awesome and shocking.
I'm so glad I got home in time to watch it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I barely made it through the episode alive!

I was so tense thet I found miself holding my breath so often in this episode (especially when An drea ws despertly tryng to get thos pliers inher hands) that I thik i my hav suferrrrr[d sme brane dammmage frooo;oom lak ofoxennngm>

Sjsndiutl fhalkueklpobbbmi29.....ikd8oiw!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

I was shouting at Andrea throughout that scene to stop talking and concentrate on the pliers! Maddening!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I hate seeing someone struggle so hard to stay alive and it doesnt make any difference! How evil of the Governor to try to make Milt the tool of Andrea's death. All thru the episode I kept waiting for someone--anyone to kill the Governor! He is so evil so ruthless that his own townspeople should kill him when he gets back after hearing the woman who survivrd the massacre, tell what he did!
Maybe Carl should kill him since he is turning a junior governor himself.
It really felt like there should be one more episode before the season ender.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I caught part of Talking Dead and I wondered at their explanation of why Carl has become so harsh. They tried to blame it on Shane, then they said it was because he had seen what had happened when they hadn't killed someone off.

But it seems to me he learned all that from Rick before Rick's epiphany of the last few weeks? Rick was the one who threw the four out of the prison (after Carl saved them). Rick was the one turning his back on that lone hitchhiker. It's been Rick for several episodes not caring about anyone but their own little group.

And now that Rick gets it, it's too late, because Carl saw something else for a long time.

I also wondered about their explanation of the Lori appearances. It seems to me she always appeared when he was making the wrong decisions (like turning over Michonne), but disappeared when he was better again?

Anyone? Maybe it's just me?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think they tried to blame it on Shane, it was thrown out there as a suggestion but quickly dismissed. I think Carl saw that if you trust someone and are what could be perceived as weak, like Rick, then people he cared about died. Better to shoot first and ask questions later. It's how they started off the season with Carl, but then strayed away from it, only to return with a bang this episode. I don't think it came from the few episodes (which is actually only a few days in TWD time, this entire season, both halves, only took 16 days realtime) of Rick being heartless.

I agree about ghost-Lori - she was his moral compass and appeared when (he knew) he wasn't doing the right thing. Now he's made good decisions and brought more potential family together she's not needed any more.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Timeline for the season. I think it's right but there may have been an extra off-camera day here or there.

~~

S3.Day 1, 7-8 months after end of Season 2
S3E1 The gang find a prison, clear part of the compound outside and get some sleep.

S3.Day 2
They kill their way into Prison Block C and set up for the night, meanwhile Michonne gets supplies for a sick Andrea.

S3.Day 3
They try to go further into the prison. Hershell is bitten and Rick cuts off his lower leg to stop the infection spreading. Five living prisoners watch them. S3E2 Prisoners reveal they survived after a riot 294 days ago. Rick agrees to clear a cell block for them in exchange for half the food. Big Tiny gets killed, Tomas and Andrew attack Rick, Rick kills Tomas, and Andrew is shut outside.

S3.Day 4
S3E3 An army helicopter crashes leaving all dead except the pilot. Michonne and Andrea explore and are forcibly taken to Woodbury by The Governor and Merle, along with the pilot. The pilot reveals his group were overrun by walkers and are now on the road. The Woodbury doctor gives Andrea medicine and they stay the night.

S3.Day 5
Governor finds the pilot's group of soldiers and kills them along with the pilot, tells Woodbury the walkers got them. The Governor keeps the pilot's head along with other trophy heads in his home.

S3.Day 6
S3E4 Andrew tempts walkers into the yard and the prison is overrun. T-Dog is bitten, sacrifices himself to try to save Carol. Lori, Carl and Maggie get cut off and Maggie has to remove the baby by cesarean, killing Lori. Carl shoots her in the head to stop her turning walker. Gang reunite and Rick is devastated. S3E5 Rick goes on walker killing spree, finds a walker ate Lori's body. Meanwhile the Governor brushes his walker-daughter's hair. Michonne realises the Governor is trouble and leaves Woodbury. Andrea stays and witnesses Walker Fight Club.

S3.Day 7
Rick answers a ringing phone in the prison and asks for help. S3E6 Merle hunts for Michonne, she outfights him and runs away. Michonne and Merle run into Glenn and Maggie, Merle takes them back to Woodbury. Michonne takes their baby supplies to the prison, while Merle tells The Governor he killed Michonne. Darryl finds Carol alive. Rick realises he is imagining things. S3E7 Merle and the Governor torture Glenn and Maggie, and Maggie gives away the prison location. Michonne brings Rick and the gang to Woodbury to rescue them. S3E8 (Earlier in the day: Tyreese and group make their way into the prison and meet Carl and the group left there.) Rick and co break into Woodbury, Michonne finds walker-Penny and kills her, stabbing The Governor in the eye in the process. Rick and gang save Glenn and Maggie, but Oscar is killed and Darryl gets left behind and is captured. The Governor reunites Merle and his brother Darryl for fightclub. S3E9 Rick and Maggie rescue Daryl and Merle.

S3.Day8
At the car, Glenn is not happy to see Merle, and Daryl and Merle leave together. Hershel befriends Tyrese's group, and they bury their dead friend. Back at the prison Rick talks crazy and Tyrese and group leave in fear. Woodbury is in disarray.

S3.Day9
S3E10 Next morning Rick sees Lori again and goes walkabout. Glenn and Maggie fight. Daryl and Merle fight and Daryl heads back to the prison, Merle follows. The Governor and his soldiers shoot into the prison, killing Axel, and releases walkers into their yard. The group manages to survive with the help of Daryl and Merle.

S3.Day10
S3E11 Tyrese and co enter Woodbury and agree to help attack the prison. Andrea visits the prison to try to make peace, the Governor finds out. Carol tells Andrea to kill the Governor in his sleep but she can't.

S3.Day11
S3E12 Michonne, Rick and Carl head to Rick's old neighbourhood to look for guns and find Morgan, who's gone a bit crazy. Duane turned. Michonne and Carl bond, Morgan refuses to go back with Rick.

S3.Day12
S3E13 Andrea arranges for Rick and the Gov to meet at an old feedstore. The Gov says if Rick gives up Michonne the fight will be over, they'll meet again at noon in two days. Gang prepare for an assault at the prison, Maggie and Glenn make up. Back at Woodbury the Gov tells his soldiers they should kill all the others and capture Michonne, Milton does not approve. Gov says he has to eliminate Rick sooner or later, they cannot live side by side. Rick lies and tells the group the Governor wants the prison and wants them dead, and they're going to war. Aside, he tells Hershel the truth, Hershel says Michonne has earned her place in the group, Rick agrees but asks if he's willing to sacrifice his daughters for her. Rick hopes Heshel can talk him out of giving up Michonne.

S3.Day13
S3E14 Governor prepares torture room for Michonne, Milton shows Andrea and the agree they have to kill the Governor. Andrea leaves to warn Rick, Tyrone tells the Governor who catches up with Andrea in a barn but Andrea traps the Gov with walkers and gets away. Milton burns the walkers in the pit.

S3.Day14
Gov catches Andrea before she reaches the prison, scretly takes her back to Woodbury and shuts her in the torture room. S3E15 Rick wants to give up Michonne, Merle warns him the Gov will torture her. Rick decides they can't do it, Merle takes Michonne alone, Daryl goes after him. Glenn and Maggie get engaged. Rick tells the group it can't be as it has been, they have to become a democracy. On the road, Michonne talks Merle around and he lets her go. Merle leads walkers to the feedstore meeting point and shoots a lot of the Gov's soldiers. Gov captures him and shoots him. Daryl reaches the feedstore and finds Merle has turned; he breaks down and kills Walker-Merle. S3E16 Back at Woodbury, the Gov tortures Milton. When he tells him he must kill Andrea he tries to kill the Gov instead, and the Gov mortally wounds him, leaving him to turn in the room where Andrea is locked.

S3.Day15
Early morning, the gang pack up the prison. Tyrese and sister refuse to fight with the Gov, Gov and soldiers head to the prison but no one appears to be home. Inside the prison they realise it is booby trapped and they flee. When they won't go back and fight the Gov shoots them and leaves them to turn, leaving only Karen alive. The Governor drives off with Martinez and Bowman. Rick, Daryl and Michonne head to Woodbury and pick up Karen on the way. Milton turns and attacks Andrea as she is trying to release herself from the dentist chair. At the gate Karen tells Tyrese the Governor killed everybody, and he lets Rick in. They find Andrea who has killed Walker-Milton, but has been bitten. She kills herself with Rick's gun. Rick takes all the survivors to the prison to live. Ghost-Lori has gone.

~~

Considering everything that happened it's pretty shocking Lori died only 10 days ago and the Governor only knew about the prison nine days ago. So Rick was only crazy for about three or four days, and it only took another couple of days for him to pull himself together. Meanwhile the Governor goes from in control dictator to psycho in the same time... and both events were precipitated by the death (or re-death) of family members. I just hope Daryl doesn't have the same fate.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, April 08, 2013 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
My dh sat down quite innocently with me while I was watching ep12. When it was over he said let's watch another. He did not know what he had been missing. Suffice it to say we watched the Zombie Apocolypse marathon and I got him totally hooked. We watched about three episodes a day (that was about all my nerves could take even though I had seen them before). It was a great ride second time around. Can't wait for October to see what happens next.

I felt like Carl, I wasn't quite sure that guy was actually going to give up his gun.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I watched the first season again recently, and it was awesome again, especially knowing what I know now.

A FAN suggested Carl was like he was because of Shane. No one associated with the show ever did. That idea was shot down rather quickly. He is like he is because he exists in the Zombie Apocolypse in his formative years. I would be just like him.

I can't wait for next season. This is such a great show.

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I just started this series and couldn't stop until I had watched the entire first season. This series is awesome. I heard that they explain at the end of season two what Jenner said to Rick before the CDC exploded. Is that correct? I am really curious if they explain how it all started in the first place. Can't wait to start season two!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes you do find out what Jenner says

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jasper. Very anxious to get started on season 2!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
The zombies on this show are TAME compared to the zombies in "World War Z" whoa!

Don't think Rick and co. Could survive those zombies with there living arrangements

The generals compound wouldn't even protect them- yikes

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Lostfan - just saw World War Z and would have to agree that the zombies are definitely tamer on Walking Dead, but overall, I like the tv series much better. At least they don't rely on CGI for the big scares.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Scout, Exactly! I personally do not like CGI as much as the movie makers think people do. Just from the previews it looks way over the top. I am waiting for that movie to play for free on one of my movie sites. That says a lot because I am a huge zombie freak.

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Vickie - The movie is actually pretty good, definitely exciting and worth seeing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't a big CGI fan.

This was a really interesting article about actual zombie insects and fish.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/25/14078310-zombie-bees-spread-to-washington-state?lite

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
This was the article I meant to link.

http://cosmiclog.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/22/19046415-zombies-roam-the-animal-kingdom-and-some-of-them-may-be-after-us?lite=

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
New trailer for season 4. It's 4.5 minutes long.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/comic-con-trailer-the-walking-dead-season-4

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 20, 2013 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow, it doesn't sound like people will be complaining next season is slow! I guess it's the Governor behind the scenes trying to destroy them.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, Ausiello posted a lame spoiler about The Governor today. (don't look f you don't want spoilers, but really, it's almost nothing)

http://tvline.com/2013/07/23/the-walking-dead-season-4-spoilers-governor-standalone-episodes/

Ausiello's spoilers get worse and worse as time goes on (I've been one of his followers for years). I know he knows this, but I had to say it out loud....LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, doesn't sound like he has such a big part after all, I thought he was going to be a big part of the new season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Preview of the upcoming season (starts in October!) and some things that some might think spoilerish (maybe?) in the video at this link:

http://tvline.com/2013/09/12/the-walking-dead-season-4-video-new-threat-spoilers/

Well worth watching (the spoilers are so mild I personally wouldn't consider them spoilers).

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Tonight is the opener for this season!! Don't forget to set your DVR's or whatever you use.

I just read the book that just came out called "The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor (The Walking Dead Series)." I had started reading the books of this series and wow some falls along what we have seen on the show and then it does veer away some as well. I have not looked at any of the comic books. I am a zombie head or whatever zombie folks are called. lol

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
It was a great episode. They should show all episodes at once!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I missed this show so much! :-)

Creepy Clara from the woods was so weird. I didn't think for a minute anything good was going to come of Rick following her to her camp.