TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 05, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Blue Bloods: Archive through March 05, 2012 users admin

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I agree about the show I love it too but I just thought about that.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Grandfather didn't have open heart surgery. He had an angioplasty. Hospitals will do a lot for prominent people that they wouldn't allow for "ordinary" people, but I agree it was rather bizarre.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Even for prominent people, that Thanksgiving dinner was over the top.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Oh I thought open heart surgery but even being in the hospital for anything it was over the top LOL :-)

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, November 20, 2011 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I would think even with angioplasty your would be in ICU for at least 24 hours.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, November 25, 2011 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Strange thing they've done with Baker. She used to be "Melissa" Baker, but she was called "Abigail" Baker in the Thanksgiving episode. I thought it was a goof, but then went to IMDB and it seems her name changed from Melissa to Abigail, then back to Melissa, and now it's back to Abigail again. I hate it when shows I watch do this. Very confusing.

The Thanksgiving dinner was over the top. I've been working in a hospital for the last month, and I could not see them allowing that, but this is a make-believe show, so I roll with it.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Why in the world would they let the Commissioner's son go undercover? They seem to think it is all over with now, but you just know that some day there will be a picture in the paper of the Commissioner and his family and lo and behold there is "Jimmy"
The teasing about Frank's "girlfriend" was cute.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I thought it was suppose to be a new show about Frank's girlfriend almost getting shot but it was a repeat.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I hadn't seen it before and the TV guide said it was new. It was about acid being throw on her.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I think the show was new, too. We use TIVO, and I have it set to "first run" only and it recorded. The Jimmy Reardon storyline reminds me a bit of Wiseguy - it will be interesting to see how this plays out. :-)

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I had seen it before because they had Frank's son go under cover to be in the mob.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Frank's son went undercover a long time ago, this show was about finely getting him out. I believe it was new.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Lazylu, it's just ridiculous that they'd put the commissioner's son undercover. There would be just too many people who'd know who he is. I hope this dumb story line is over, because I like this show, corny and all.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
You guys are right I thought it was a repeat I just watch it on demand sorry. I hope they have Frank's girlfriend on the show again I like her what is her name on the show and I have seen her on other's show. It was crazy to put his son undercover and I am surprise the commissioner didn't put the stop to it like he didn't know what was going on, come on.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I liked his girlfriend too. Can't see her as stepmom though.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Lazylu but they are adults.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I know, I meant to put a grin after my last remark.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Remember that they didn't really put him undercover -- he kind of fell into it when he was investigating some drug thing and that guy befriended him. He then volunteered to go in deeper. It's not like the police tapped him on the shoulder to do this. They did expect him to when the opportunity presented itself.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I am probably really off here, but I thought he saved the guys life in a bar and the mob befriended him. He then went undercover.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can't remember the details Lazy, but I think you're right. That guy who called him, transported him to the mob in this weeks episode -- he was the the guy he saved in the bar after taking the drugs that the cop was there trying to track down. The guy was VERY grateful and wanted to become friends with him. The cop then agreed to go undercover and see what he could find out.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think that is pretty close.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Danny and another cop were doing undercover work in a bar for drug dealing. He went to the same bar a few ties and that is how he hooked up with the mobsters son. Son was the dealer if I recall or a heavy buyer. One night son takes too much of the drugs and almost has OD, Danny saved him. After that NYPD asked him to work with the mobster son to get to the father. That is what I remember

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes that about covers it. I enjoy this show. I like the mix of the police activity and the family situations. A bit different from the standard police type dramas.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That's why I really like this show. The family stuff. If it was just the crime of the week type show, I'd have stopped watching.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I agree completely about the "family stuff." I especially love the interplay between Danny and Erin; love that he's always popping over to her office to see if she's free to have lunch or dinner with him.

I also loved this week, when he broke the news to her that their father is having an "intimate relationship" with someone, and she looked at him and said "SHUT THE F...ront door."

They are exactly how a brother and sister close in age would be: squabbling, covering one another's backs, and sharing secrets.

(As an aside, I love one more thing about the Detective Danny character: he's a tough NYC cop, believes in roughing suspects up, and yet his best friend is his wife, his second best friend is his sister, and his third best friend is his female partner. You never see him hanging around with the guys, not even Jamie.)