TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Horror Story: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 09, 2013 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, after she escaped from Bloody Face's home she was driving away and accidentally crashed the car. She was found in the car, apparently identified by the police, and then returned to the asylum.

That all took place in last week's episode, not the episode that aired last night (Dec 5).

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 12:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
a-ha, it was the crash I missed. Thanks, SanFran

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For a few seconds there at the beginning of the last show, I thought I was watching season 1.

That was a cool shout out to the other skinning serial killer "Buffalo Bill" from "Silence of the Lambs." The girl playing the psychiatrist in present time at the beginning also played the Governor's daughter that Buffalo Bill kidnapped and stuck in the well.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Naja, I saw that too -- I can't hear Tom Petty's "American Girl" on the radio anymore without thinking about her!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I ran across these pics of "Pepper" online, played by Naomi Grossman and just HAD to share!.

I think someone deserves an Emmy for makeup for American Horror Story - Asylum!

pepperforprez
Pepper Poster

naomigrossman
The actress Naomi Grossman

Images from here:
http://www.crushable.com/2013/01/04/entertainment/watch-american-horror-story-episodes-who-plays-pepper-naomi-grossman-pictures/#5

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Wowza!! What an amazing transformation.
Thanks for sharing!!

BTW, I'm still watching this season and Pepper had some great speaking/acting parts in the last 2-3 episodes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know about anyone else, but I thought the finale was great. I felt like all my questions were answered. The very last scene had me scratching my head, but then I realized it was just a flashback to the very first time Lana met Sister Jude. It was when she was arranging for the time to come back and do her report on the "bakery". Sister Jude recognized that Lana was a little evil herself that first meeting.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was worried that season 2 would end like season 1 did - with no survivors except Constance and her little boy killer, but when Lana Banana pulled the trigger and shot her evil son between the eyes, I felt so relieved. :-)

Unpredictable and entertaining...to the very end. Brilliant!

I read somewhere online that season 3 will be centered around a love story set in present day....but there were no more details.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I have the final 2 episodes on the dvr, but haven't decided whether I'll bother to watch them.
This season started out well, but lost me along the way. I was so grossed out by the episodes with necrophilia, raping of a priest, crucifiction on the priest and the nursing hooker I couldn't bring myself to watch anymore. I'm not overly religious, but my catholic upbringing kicked in and it all just seemed too evil.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Snoopsmom, that's okay. You probably made a good decision for yourself.

As for me, I absolutely loved the finale!! It brought everything together in a comfortable presentation. Well, if you're comfortable with how Lana Banana took her son's life, which didn't bother me. Where did Kit go??

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I just watched the finale this weekend and I have to say I didn't want it to end. I love this show. At times it creeped me out and maybe crossed the line but I can't wait to see what they do with season 3

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Kit went to Mars.
I like the way Lana turned her life around and became a famous journalist and was able to live her life on her terms.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
'American Horror Story': Witches Will Be Focus Of Season 3, Called 'Coven'

LOS ANGELES — The third season of "American Horror Story" will be subtitled "Coven," and add actress Kathy Bates to the series' ensemble, according to the TV anthology's co-creator, Ryan Murphy.

<snipped for length>

After filming the first two seasons on lots and soundstages, parts of the series three will be shot in New Orleans.

"The fun thing about doing the show is researching what are the really haunted places in America, because every year the institution is one of the lead characters," Murphy explained. "The first year was Murder House, and this year was Asylum. We have another couple doozy locales."

<snipped for length>

Previously, Murphy had also said Lange would be playing a "glamor cat" in her latest "Story" role. When Lange was asked about that new character, she replied, laughing, "I don't know what a `glamor cat' is, but I am excited about it."

Late in the event, the ensemble's latest major cast addition was introduced to the audience: the Oscar-winning Bates ("Misery"), who said she was a big fan of the series and a longtime friend of Lange. Joked Murphy, "You know, I love a good Oscar winner," referring to two-time Academy Award honoree Lange, and adding that he and Lange had thought of Bates as this season-three character for some time. "So I pitched (Bates) this cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs character. I said, `I know you have a lot going on. And we're way, way, way far ahead, but think about it for a couple weeks, and call me or write me.' And my phone rang an hour later: `I'm in.'"

<snipped for length>

Full article here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/16/american-horror-story-witches_n_2891545.html

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Sounds good! I'll be watching Season 3 for sure.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like that they are doing something different each season.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Yummy news ! Kathy Bates cracked me up years ago in the movie "Misery" when after torturing James Cann she looked at him and said " Hi Honey", he just sorty of smirked at her.I am going to have to add that movie to my Blockbuster que as it has ben ions since I watched it.

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I don't know how I missed out on this show, but I started season one on Netflix and am loving it!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kathy Bates Happy Being Part Of FX's 'Horror'

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Kathy Bates says she's thrilled to be a regular on FX's "American Horror Story."

It's almost good enough to rid her of the bad taste from her previous stint on series TV.

Even so, she told reporters at a Television Critics Association session on Friday that she's got a bone to pick with NBC, which cancelled "Harry's Law" last season after a two-year run.

Bates said NBC "kicked us to the curb."

Things are happier on her current project, which just began shooting in New Orleans.

The Oscar-winning Bates plays Madame LaLaurie, a real-life 19th-Century Louisiana socialite and serial killer. She co-stars with Sarah Paulson, Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange, who plays a witch.

"American Horror Story: Coven" premieres in October.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=208395734

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kathy is incredible and I am so looking forward seeing her on this show. It looks like she gets to play another sociopath, like the role that made her famous.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was happy to notice in one of the new commercials that are bringing back the actress with Down syndrome who played Jessica Lange's daughter in season 1. She was good in that season.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, September 28, 2013 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Naja, I saw a commercial too (maybe the same one?) but since I didn't watch Season 1 of AHS I wouldn't recognize the actress you mention above.

However! I did see that the actor who played "Kit" in Season 2 will be in Season 3...yay!

Looking forward to the new season!

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Starts tomorrow night. Can't wait! This looks like a great season.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Egbok, I know you didn't watch season 1 but the Kit actor was in season 1 too. They must like him as much as they like Jessica Lange.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Jasper, that's nice to know, thanks for the heads up! I really like the actor who played "Kit" on Season 2. I would like to watch Season 1 eventually.

Today, I took some time to read about the cast of actors for AHS: Coven, so I'm ready for tomorrow!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have to admit that was not what I was expecting when they opened the coffin at the end....LOL