TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 10, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Ray Donovan (Showtime): Archive through September 10, 2013 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am sooo enjoying this show.

On tonight's episode, (ep 2), whose photo was stapled to Daryll's chest? It was two guys standing next to each other. At first I thought the older one was Ray's dad, but when I look closer, I'm thinking it's not.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Also, I am really looking forward to next week, because in another thread, a long time TVCH member Konamouse informed us her dad is in the show and plays the character of "Eddie the cabbie". He will start next week in ep 3!

I hope it's ok I repeated that info from the other thread.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I thought that was very sweet of Ray to give the blackmailer the money he needed to get the sex change operation!

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Naja, the first photo they showed -- the one Ray's half-brother (Daryll), snuck into the movie star's house as a warning -- was a photo of Ray's father (Mickey), standing next to the movie star (Sean), when they both were much, much younger.

(And then through a fleeting bit of dialogue we heard that Sean, while high on Mickey's coke, accidentally shot and killed Mickey's girlfriend -- who was Daryll's mother -- and that Sean and Ray left Mickey go to jail for that.)

The second photo we see -- the one Ray's bruiser and right-hand man (Avi), staples to Daryll's chest as a warning to stop doing what Mickey tells him to do -- was the subject of some debate in my house. My husband thought is was a picture of Mickey, standing alone, when Mickey was younger, while I thought it was a picture of Avi (the warning being, "Kid, you screw up again and I, Avi, am coming after you again.")

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Daydreamer :-) But there really are two people in the photo stapled to Daryll's chest. It's just that the right side of the photo is bent upward a little making the person on the right side of the photo harder to see.
------

Ok, I am back from scanning through the show to look at the two photos. Guess what? They are the same photo, and they both have the word "Good times" written in black ink on the left upper corner.

Mystery solved....LOL Both photos are Ray's Dad with the movie star.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
LOL -- okay, I get it; Avi was letting Daryll know that Ray knew who left that photo in Sean's house.

(Kind of a harsh thing to do to your own brother, though.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have to chime in and comment that I think Konamouse's dad that plays Eddie the cabbie did a fantastic job. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next with his character.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
ooh, thanks so much, Naja. he'll be tickled to hear he's got a fan.

show has been picked up for a second season. since he was in about six episodes this season he's become a reoccurring character. of course he has no idea if he comes back or not (I keep telling him "no spoilers" so don't know if he is still part of any story at the end). would be thrilling if he changed from guest to supporting in the credits.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Konamouse, we want to know what was on the paper he was handed....LOL We watched twice and all I can guess is it's a dollar amount? I have no idea. I'm lost.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, July 19, 2013 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched it yet. :-(

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Naja - he was offered a dollar amount to identify Ray's dad as the man he drove to the church where the priest was shot. Later in the show Ray got a call from his muscle man who said Eddie accepted $50K.

I'm very proud of my dad. He did a great job (finally learned how to be subtle instead of broad. TV/movies very different from stage).

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, July 21, 2013 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, I was definitely on the right track with my guess :-)

And I know nothing about the craft of acting except as a constant observer, but I thought he did great! :-)

Tonight's ep is sitting on my dvr waiting for me to view tomorrow. I really like this show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 22, 2013 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
YAH Kona's dad!!! He is great in this role!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, July 22, 2013 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
He's in a quick little background shot episode 4.
Then back in 7. Biggest part is four scenes in 10, and he's in the season finale, episode 12.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I felt so bad for Terry last night. I really hope that man was Frances' ex-husband, and not her current husband. I don't want Terry to do something stupid, but I have a feeling he's capable of it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody has Showtime and isn't watching this show yet, you are really missing out. Ray Donovan is a very exciting show. It's demented as well as freaky, along with mystery and suspense. It's just a great show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Turns out my sister knows one of the writers of this show. He wrote that Tom Hanks movie, Philadelphia, and he also wrote episode three of Ray Donovan and worked on some of the other episodes.

My sis passed along some behind the scenes tidbits...Liv Schreiber is a nice giuy, very personable. Also, that gay guy who was dancing with and sharing poppers with Micky at the end of episode 3 was the writer's boyfriend!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 2:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, not one word of your post says whether you watched the show and if you liked it. Have you watched it and do you like it?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, August 04, 2013 - 2:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I watch it and I like it very much.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The guy who plays Bunchie is doing a great job. The scenes between the FBI guy (Frank Whaley) and the monkey were HIGH-larious. I'm really glad we'll be getting a second season of this show - it's simply marvelous.

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
Keep looking for the "LIKE" button under the posts so I can like them. Guess I need to keep off of facebook. Like all the above posts, this is a GREAT show.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, August 12, 2013 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Love this freaking show!!!! It's so good!!!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, August 26, 2013 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
In episode 7, when Ray went back to Boston to find Sully, my dad had two scenes in the bar.
First scene was Ray finding Eddie and grabbing him, sitting him back onto the stool. Dad is relatively short and Live can be pretty intimidating.
Second scene was the fight, my dad got to hit Live with the pool stick. He said it took 7 hours to choreograph and shoot that whole scene.
He's back in episode 10 (three scenes). But that won't air until the Sunday after Labor Day.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Anyone still watching???

"Fuc'in tofu"

LOL! Dad offered another version that went something along the lines of "they sell bait on rice for 5 bucks, what a ripoff". But his version was too long for the shot.

I asked him if "Eddie" really did get instructions from Sully and is bringin the money to him, or did he just out right STEAL the bag... He wouldn't tell me. Have to wait until the season finale (episode 12 in two weeks).

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I loved how he just walked away from Ray's wife as soon as he realized she was fishing for info. Please tell your dad he's doing a fabulous job and that we hope to see him in Season Two!