TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 27, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Blacklist - NBC: ARCHIVE : Archive through September 27, 2013 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Blacklist starts tonight....so here's a thread.

I've really been looking forward to seeing James Spader back on television in some kind of interesting role. His character fell flat on The Office and I've really missed his antics on Boston Legal and The Practice.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Loving the premiere, think this will be on my must watch list. First show I've watched on NBC since ER

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen much about this show, can someone tell the general storyline?

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Loved the first episode. Totally hooked.

General storyline: James Spader plays master criminal who used to be a patriot, naval guy I think. Anyway, he comes in out of the dark to give himself up to the FBI under many conditions, the most important of which is that HE ONLY TALKS TO ELIZABETH KEEN. No one knows why since it's her first day as a profiler, but you get an idea why pretty quick (no spoilers), although they don't give it away. He promises to give up the criminals the U.S. doesn't even know about in return for a modified form of immunity that he writes himself.

Anyway, Keen and her husband and Reddington(Spader) all have secrets, and some of the other characters probably will, too, before it's all over.

It's all very interesting and twisty, just what I like.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, cool, thanks Lycanthrope. I went ahead and set it up to tape. I really like James Spader so I hope I like the show.

LOL, I do enjoy twisty!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Like Spader, but hate violence. I'm out.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It had a few gruesome moments, but I'm along for the ride. Love the secrets, the twists, the intrigue. But mostly love me some Spader!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
EXCELLENT premiere. I am hooked.

It's been awhile since I had such high expectations for a new TV show and the premiere actually exceeded them!

There were plenty of surprises and since a high unpredictability factor is my main earmark of a good show, I will definitely be watching this one!

Normally, after I say something like that, I would be fearful that they'll cancel it forthwith, but I must say...this one was so exciting, I don't see how that could possibly happen.

Two thumbs up!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Excellent show!! I had several jump in my chair/jaw dropping moments. The knuckleheads at NBC better not cancel this.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
It was truly an excellent show. Mame, it did have some "violence" but it was more mind games than violence. I don't care for violence either, but what there was was done in a way that I didn't mind. I was too busy trying to figure out the whys over cringing over the violence.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed this one as well. I like the actors and find the characters and story interesting.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I am actually REALLY pissed, cuz I was as intrigued as all of you and would love to hop on the bandwagon. BUT the torture scene of her husband was JUST TOO MUCH, on top of all the other violence in the show.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The premiere was so good it made me stay up til 11pm to see the end, versus wait to see it later on (as i was recording it)... so many twists - we still dont quite know why Red wants "Lizzy" so what is the backstory there but we will find out as time goes by....and what is with the husband's secrets... the car crash did make me jump in my seat even though i was suspecting an ambush - and the hostage scene made me think of the premiere of Alias.... i am happy at least he is alive even though there is so much more to that story!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
According to the previews, the husband is fine Mame if that makes you feel any better. That was a really brutal scene for sure. Very raw emotionally and well done IMO.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show and will keep watching

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
The husband is a lying, scheming, spying skunk! He's lied to her ten ways to Sunday so there's no TELLING where that story vein is going! I'm thinking that torture is nada compared to what he'll face from the woman he's scorned.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I too am smitten with this show. Love James Spader! I can take all the fake blood, gore and torture much easier than I can take the reality of foul language.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I watched it on demand today and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing it again.

Bicbicz911

08-19-2005

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bicbicz911 a private message Print Post    
Loved the pilot, hope the writers continue to bring it. It could be my new obsession. One I have missed since Lost went off the air. James Spader is such an amazing talent and he hasn't had material this great since Boston Legal.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Loved Loved Loved the premier of this show. Very fast paced with lots of surprises.

For me this first show had the feel of "Silence of the Lambs" Spader and the young FBI agent were a lot like Clarice Starling and Hannibal Lector. You sense Spader's character has some real emotional tie to the young female FBI agent yet they are opposites.

Can't wait for the next show.

Highly recommend this to anyone who likes a psychological drama.

AS far as the violence...there was some but I did not think it was overboard. I did have to quit watching "The Following" because of the amount of violence and because the good guys seem to always be way behind the evil ones.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We watched it last night off our DVR. Loved it. Spader was excellently "evil". It's definitely on our watch list.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, September 26, 2013 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I got a silence of the Lambs feel too Boberg, but Spader may be a villain we can actually root for. And, yes, violent, but not over the top or exploitive. I had problems with The Following as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, quite a begining. Why do the good guys always believe the "hazard waste spill" when they are trying to get someone away from being kidnapped. It is the first thing I suspect, I would have driven that car right through the guy and seen for myself and then sped away, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And nobody mentioned that James Spader doesn't have any hair!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I noticed Dipo. :-) I like him better with hair. Much better. But I'm just glad he's back on my TV.