TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 24, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 24, 2013 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too, it clashes with Castle and Hostages. I think we may try Hostages and catch up with the other two when we can.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Castle is schedule to start at :01 so I won't be watching it. Can't schedule it in without having conflict with shows starting next hour. Ticks me off when networks play that game so Castle is off my viewing list. UGH!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's only 59 minutes though, Rissa, 10.01-11.00. At least here it is. (I know exactly what you mean though, the ones that end at :01 and try to hog your schedule. ABC and Fox seem to do it the most.)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Is it? Will check that out Kitt, if it is then it's back on the schedule. Hey, you are right!! Guess ABC gets a viewer back, they owe ya. LOL Thanks.

I hate that :01 tactic and have just decided to not roll over for it even if the :01 show is in my top 5 list and the one following is bottom of the barrel.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Tonight's a big night for my DVR. Both receivers are packed back to back for all three hours of primetime.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yup Gurlie...mine will be smokin' :-)

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if the White Queen is on anything besides Starz? I have read everything I could get my hands on about the Plantagenet's. Would love to see this series. Does anyone know how to get Showcase? I don't think its on Time Warner. Thanks

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I mentioned how good "Masters of Sex" on showtime is a few posts above, and I just noticed that the pilot is being shown free online, too. You don't need to subscribe to see the pilot at the showtime site.

http://www.sho.com/sho/video/full-episodes

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Saggkl, I don't believe so, when I googled it said it was a Starz Original Miniseries.

Starz does show on many Time Warner lineups, you might need to call your local office to ask.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
too bad you guys don't have the xfinity x1 HDDVR. I can record 4 shows at once and still watch another! We only have the x1 now on the HD tv.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Since we're counting, the DirecTV Genie records five shows at a time. This is going to be the first season I won't be watching half my tv on hulu!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I can record 6 shows at once. I have two TIVOS in the living room and one in the bedroom and each one can record 2 shows at the same time. It's great being able to record 6 shows at once but now the only hard part is watching them all.

Okay...now who can record 7 shows at once? :-)

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
No DVR in this house. We either watch it or we don't. Makes things so simple :-)

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We can record up to six shows at the same time so can't claim the seven at a time record. It's been a slow creep over probably five years from no DVR capability to what we have today. Initially Mrs. Mack was ambivalent about being able to record shows but has certainly warmed to the idea. We've gotten so used to watching shows we've recorded that it's actually now a bit annoying when we have to watch a show "live" and can't skip through the commercials.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We hardly ever watch "live" TV anymore. We're too used to being able to fast forward through commercials. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can only record 2 shows, but most of the time that works. We hardly have time to watch what we do record. And yes, being able to FF through commercials is the true gift of the DVR. I hardly ever watch a show live. At the very least I'll start watching 15 minutes late and then FF and finish up the show on time.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch Hostages? I really liked it. I cannot wait to see how it plays out. There is a lot hiding underneath everyone's facade.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If I plugged in our two old vcrs I could probably get to seven, does that count? ;) ;) ;)

I didn't get around to Hostages in the end (Conan had a Breaking Bad special). We should start a thread though, I'm particularly looking forward to it because it seems like the entire story will be played out in the 15 episodes this season (if they got a second season it would be a separate story, a bit like 24).

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Started one, Kitt :-)

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Since SanFran asked, we can record 8 HD shows at the same time (and usually do on Mondays) with 4 dual tuner Directv HD DVRs. That helps when you basically have 4 adults in the house. Everyone gets their own and we can watch any DVR from any TV with the whole home feature. Some time before the end of the year I will be trading in the oldest DVR for the new Genie with 5 tuners and larger storage, so that will allow 11 programs to be recorded at one time.

One thing it allows us to do is record all the new series for 2-3 weeks and see which ones are popular and which get canceled. Many just get deleted, but sometimes a show we didn't think we'd be interested in gets great reviews and we can catch up. I think we have in the neighborhood of 1000 hours HD recording capacity.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness for On Demand. I don't have to dvr a lot of any of the shows.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I can't fast forward my On Demand, you have to sit through a few adverts (not so bad) but if you need to leave the show you have to start again at the beginning. Unless I haven't worked out how to use it properly yet, which is quite possible.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I didn't know you guys (USA) got On Demand too. :-) I am so grateful for it. Finally saw the premiere of DWTS that way. (Sorry, thread-police, I know that's not a scripted show.)

We also have timeshifting. When I miss a show, I can usually catch up with it on either Calgary time (2 hr diff) or Vancouver time (3 hr diff). Unless it's not carried by a Canadian channel.We generally get all the top-rated American shows.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can't FF on many of the On Demand shows either Kitt. There's even a message that comes up and says "FF and other options are disabled" when the show starts. Grrr. But my on demand seems to remember when we watch a show and don't finish. It will be there for 24 hours, with the spot you left of remembered. It's in a different section, somewhere like your "saved" on demand shows. I'm not at the TV now to look at at.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The new show Crossing Lines with Donald Sutherland looks pretty good.