TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 29, 2013 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
That would be terrific. I still miss him on Grey's. George and Izzie were my two favorite characters.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to Matthew Perry next week. I wish they would make him a regular, rather than the failed sucky sitcoms he has been doing.

I love this show.

So will Will have an affair with whatshername (amanda peete's character)

The just let Kalinda's husband story drop right? I didn't miss it when it was made to look like she was killing him?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Matthew Perry's character on this show is too slimy for me. lol

I wonder if we will ever find out what happened to Kalinda's husband.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I would like to know what Kalinda said to the truck driver. I also like her new researcher. Together they have an interesting dynamic.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just read in a TV Guide from a few weeks ago that the producers and writers realized no one was buying the Kalinda/husband arc and abandoned it as quickly as they could.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was wondering if maybe they were reading this board that we all hated it, OG!

Love Kalinda! Hated her obnoxious husband. Love the new assistant investigator. They really do work well together.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
What Kalinda might have said to the truck driver that she knew of some illegal dealing of the trucking company or the truck he was driving and could have ordered a search warrant on the spot... she was bluffing of course but she was counting on his dirty conscience and voila'... she got his cooperation.
The young investigator is sharp but still needs to become as shrewd as Kalinda is.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
...or she could have said that if he didn't give the info, and didn't apologize for his behavior, she'd do unspeakable things to his lower extremeties.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
While not a fan of physical violence towards another, I have to admit I did like Peter's solution to the lies coming from Matthew Perry's character.

It's too bad the kids have two crazy grandmas. At least one of the grandmas is fun. lol

I enjoyed the show last night although it was rather sad too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was very Peter!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh. When Peter headed up the stairs to go to the men's room he looked exactly like Big did when he was going up the stairs in Paris ready to "kick some Russian ass" after he heard Alex hit Carrie.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
RENEWED! (phew)

Article here about many renewed CBS shows: http://tinyurl.com/crmpvw2

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ahh Collin Sweeney. The creepy wife murderer we all love and hate. I laugh every time he's on. He and Alicia have the greatest dynamic. He loves her, she hates him. But, the team was able to get their client off.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
All in all it was a pretty good show. Not so down and dirty serious this outing. Loved Kalinda's assistant's highjacks in getting the info she needed.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think the "Good Wife" needs to get her act together she is starting to look rather bad. Commit to renew her wedding vows, but still wants to be with Will? Maybe she is just thinking back. She also needs to disown her mother! What a terrible, terrible woman. I hope she gets it together and goes will Kerry to start a few firm.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I was so annoyed with just about every character on the show this week. The union thing was annoying, that attorney that Mamie Gummer plays ALWAYS annoys me with her little innocent, new lawyer act, the judge was horrid and cutsie. The assistants needed to just sit down and do the jobs they get paid to do (I'm an assistant and would never consider unionizing), David whathisface was a complete JA, Alicia's mom...ugh! Peter, jerk for talking to her brother...I could go on and on. Just a bad, uncomfortable episode all around.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it was not a good episode.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I quit watching about half-way through. Nothing here to interest me.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sure wasn't up to the usual great standards.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I think it was. I think the show was meant to show us that even though alicia has been a winner from day one at the firm, as a partner, she is way low on the totem pole and way low on the sneaky scale.

Really a lead in to the cliff hanger of her leaving the firm (not likely as she is now a partner and paid dearly for it.)

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it. I thought it was kind of funny the way that Alicia's case kept getting more & more involved when it wasn't even supposed to be a case. :-)

I was annoyed with her fickle brother, I don't want Alicia w/ Peter. I admit I am not team Peter. :-)

I was actually pleased w/ her mother (for once) for butting in and giving Will something to think about. I like Will, so I'd like to see them as a couple...but even if not Will then someone new...just not Peter.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I can't stand a womanizer. Yet, I like Peter. I know. Crazy. However, he seems to have made big changes in that department. He better be the husband he is promising to Alicia. I don't dislike Will. Yet. But, I think he is not far off from being like the Peter of old. We know Will is a bit of a womanizer himself, and in this past episode he showed how ambitious/ruthless he can be. I think he showed Alicia that she can't trust him. I think that is what pushed her into agreeing to renew her vows with Peter.

Talk about mother-in-laws from hades. This family got double whameed.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Would it have been too much to ask for the Good Wife to celebrate her husband's victory?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, that was weird, wasn't it? IRL she would have been noticably missing.

Side note: the background actors during the celebration after the win were horrible last night. I don't know why I noticed. Not sure if they were so bad that I took note, or if I just was paying extra attention. I think they had them doing too much and they were overacting, therefore it was distracting me so I looked harder at them. Some had lifesize cutouts of Peter. Has anyone seen that in a campaign before? Also, both last week and this week, they had a ton of fresh flower deliveries going on in the background. Not sure what's going on there, but I think they need to tone down what's going on behind the scenes of the scenes.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, April 29, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I loved this episode. It was so funny how they argued one side and then when the ballots were counted both sides immediately began arguing the opposite side. Then they team together agains the third side, and eventually go against each other again - all in one long marathon night session.

I'm really glad they are giving Cary a bigger part and glad that Alicia is throwing her hat in with them.

I wasn't that thrilled at the storylines at the beginning of the season. Hated Kalinda's abusive husband and that story just went nowhere and thankfully then, just went away. But these later episodes have been so much better. So glad it has been renewed.