TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Blacklist - NBC

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Blacklist - NBC users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVE  675 28 06-29-21  8:25 am
Archive through October 18, 2019Dipo25 10-18-19  1:59 pm
Archive through June 29, 2021Pamy25 06-29-21  1:29 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and I am still not convinced she is dead. I think they will show her alive in the last season.

Who raises her kid?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
If she is dead, then yes it does feel like a big cheat for the audience (and her) that she never finds out.

I feel like the writers for this show didn't have a grand plan for the storyline. they were just pulling twists out of their a**. And yes, it feels fake and cheap and it's too bad as this show WAS so good back in the day.

Remember when they cast that guy from Revenge (Gabriel Mann) as the young reddington -- he was brilliant as a young spader. But then they switched and he was actually Ilya Koslov. These kind of story line cheats feel exactly like a cheat. Like they never had a comprehensive plan, just random red herrings.

And yes, when this show goes into the sunset I wouldn't be surprised to see a shot of Liz living on an island somewhere raising her kid.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why was Megan Boone unhappy with the show? It made her a star.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Brenda, she did figure out that he is her mother. If you watch the scene very closely, as she is dying, and scenes are flashing before her, it is one of the last things that she sees when looking at him.

I think she first started to figure it out when she asked him if he was there for that picture and if he was taking the photo and he just said that he was there.

I'm wondering if we'll get a time jump with a grown Agnes running the criminal empire.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering if we'll get a time jump with a grown Agnes running the criminal empire.

That's what I was thinking might happen!

Then they will do the big reveal about Red with Agnes as a sub for Liz.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, June 30, 2021 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
they cant time jump too far without being weird no one else aged. I doubt they want to invest tons of time putting on aging makeup weekly

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 20, 2021 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight
@etnow
·
1h
Check out all the best #TheBlacklist bloopers before the premiere of season nine!

https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1440022949856219138

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 20, 2021 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TY Dipo! I love love love blooopers!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 14, 2021 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Season 9 starts on October 21st. They're jumping forward 2 years. Without agent Keen and the show's creator who also left. I hope I still love it.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 14, 2021 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah I'm not sure where they are going with this but I hope it's somewhere good. I found the last season finale very disappointing and nonsensical from a writing standpoint.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 14, 2021 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer It became so contrived. So complicated. It seemed as if they went back and tried to link together events that were never intended to be part of the whole story

I'm hoping they'll go back to the "roots" of the show. Although one of my favorite characters, Glen, will be greatly missed.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 14, 2021 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm ready for them to ditch the mythology and just give us some Red wit and charm.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, October 14, 2021 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, October 21, 2021 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well, so far so good. I liked the first episode. But Remington replaced Dembe with 5 foot girl?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight and I think I saw it's the last season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I stopped this show but may come back for the last season

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 26, 2023 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, final season. It's sad because I loved this show...but after the character Elizabeth Keen was killed, it has never been the same. It doesn't make sense without her. Although I truly love the whole cast...I knew the end was imminent. It was such a great show

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The Associated Press
@AP
·
53m
Raymond “Red” Reddington is finally hanging up his famous black fedora and — fitting for a manipulative genius — he’s doing it on his own terms.

“The Blacklist” ends its 10-year NBC run Thursday with a two-hour send-off.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, July 10, 2023 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've got all the final season eps on the DVR. This show should have called it quits a couple of years ago imo. But eventaully I'll watch this final season as I feel compelled to watch to the bitter end.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
So... I've always wanted to watch this show cuz I really like James Spader... but I never watched it figuring that it would be canceled, cuz all shows I enjoy get canceled...

Maybe now I'll it. lol

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It really was a very good show in the early years. Spader is very entertaining. It has a mythology theme that runs through some episodes, and I enjoyed those less than the self-contained criminal of the week type of eps as the years went on. Sometimes these shows seem to run out of ideas.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Have the revealed who he is? I always thought he would turn out to be Liz's mom

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched The Backlist in years, it just got too silly and stuck. I thought that Reddington would be Liz's father. I had originally thought her mother but dismissed it for some reason or another. Never liked the Liz character and the actress is pretty bad IMO.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've watched all but the latest season, and I can't really tell you who he is. LOL. But he's not her mother.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved this but like Sugar it just didnt appeal to me anymore. I think I stopped watching the last 2 or 3 seasons. I think they have teased for years about a big reveal who he is and it will be much ado about nothing!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
James Spader said:

“I was very, very glad we were able to end it exactly the way we wanted to end it. It was deliberate and we weren’t taken by surprise in terms of when the ending was going to come. You’ll see that the ending has conviction and we commit to it.”

So I'm hoping since he liked it l, that I will

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I'm hoping it won't be a huge disappointment, like LOST was. :-)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
OMG Lost was SO frustrating lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Agree!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, July 15, 2023 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I am disappointed. I did not really want it to end that way...kept thinking Weecha was going to drive up and tell him to get in the truck and they would drive off to live on a dessert island.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
When Red was there staring down that bull, I really expected him to take off his coat and start doing a little bullfighting and he'd be laughing because it was a life experience he'd never had and he wanted to go out with a bang. Then a cutaway once it started and then later seeing him on the ground.

Just seeing dead Red in the dirt was sad....but it would have left me with a smile had I seen him laughing while bullfighting, dying on his own terms as he lived his life to the fullest.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, July 16, 2023 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Even that, would have been a TAD better. But I still wish he had just gone off on an island somewhere.

And in my previous post that was supposed to be desert island. Although I would have ben equally happy with a dessert island lol

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: