TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through September 17, 2013 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Brenda1966, I made my post after just scanning the first half of yours...I thought you had missed the call being a set up after I read "What I need from the finale, I think, is for Jesse to kill Walter. That's what I felt after watching tonight. I really didn't think Walter would become so evil. "

I posted quickly hoping to make you feel a little better about Walt's change from evil to super evil.

LOL @ myself for not paying attention

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I like Jessie a lot, too....but I still can't get that image out of my mind when he knocked on Gale's door and shot him right in the face when he answered. Not self defense or an accident ...it was a 100% premeditated execution of a mild mannered nerdy chemist.

Jessie should not escape repercussions for that....it was a truly evil deed.

Oh yeah....Walt really did show his true colors after giving the nod to execute Jessie but throwing the fact that he let Jesse's girlfriend choke to death in Jessie's face made Walt more evil than I ever thought he could be, especially after the last several episodes as he was doing anything he could to save Jessie as he was having a meltdown...

Wow.

Btw, I saw that next week's episode is 75 minutes...I hope it isn't just extra commercials!

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Yeah, he had a moment of redemption. Baby Holly crying 'Mama' brought him back to earth, and he made the call to take the heat off Skylar and his family.

Realistically, why would the Aryans need to keep Jesse alive for a year+ after he shows Todd how to cook well (though, of course, I hope they do, so Walt can come back and rescue him!) Remember, it's a year later when we see Walt buying the guns and returning home to either exact revenge or get his money back.

I'm just getting ready to watch it again, so I can watch Anna Gunn's absolutely outstanding, Emmy winning performance, and the scene in the RV from the first season. The juxtaposition to the present scene was phenomenal. I think the direction in this episode even surpassed last week's which was also brilliant. And if this was the ante-penultimate episode, I can't begin to imagine the tension in store for us in the next two eps. I will definitely need some xanax on hand, I think!

ETA: Watching Skylar wrap the 'crying clown' and making $9 on her eBay sale. Ha!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I hope my nerves can handle the final two episodes. They barely held up through tonight's episode. Cranston, Paul, and Gunn and the show should sweep the Emmys next Sunday. These final episodes are more or less guaranteeing they'll sweep the 2014 Emmys too!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I have been thinking that Jessie might teach Todd to cook better with just a little twist that will cause an explosion and blow them all (Todd and his killer pals) to kingdom come. He could maybe say the temperature needs to go up and/ or add more of some chemical and...KABOOM!

That would be some heavy duty redemption for Jessie....

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks San Fran. Yep, Walt is smart enough to know the cops were there and to make that call look like he's a tyrant and she's innocent. So maybe he's going to turn things around a bit? Move toward some redemption. Telling Jesse that he let J's girlfriend die was just so cruel.

ANd yes, it was awful that Jesse killed the nerdy chemist. But in his and walt's mind it was a move of self-defense -- to keep the chicken man from killing them. And it haunted Jesse. So, I still want him to get a chance to start new.

Ah, yes, a year later. Hmmm.... still the writers are so clever. They just have to give Jesse a chance to escape. Maybe that lady will set him free.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Why did Walt tell Jesse about Jane though? I wasn't sure if he wanted to be even more cruel or if he wanted to at least come clean before Jesse died.

Yes, Sanfran! Did Walt's chemistry lessons (highlighted in the pre-credits bit of the show) teach Jesse how to make a bomb out of the lab??! That would be great!

I forgive Jesse for killing Gale. Why? Because he's Jesse ;). And I do think he has done nothing but spiral downwards in regret since.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh, and Hank's "you're the smartest man I've ever known but you're the only one who doesn't realise he decided 10 minutes ago." Chilling.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI - It appears that AMC is rerunning the whole series starting on 9/25 at 5PM PST when the pilot re-airs.

I didn't check every episode but I scrolled through all the upcoming episodes on my TIVO and they went on for pages and pages...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I noticed that too SanFran, that they are starting with the pilot. Not sure how far into the series, but I had to change my DVR to only record new eps to get rid of them.

Emmy's are on next Sunday? Going to be a late night I guess because I'm going to have to watch both. Going to watch Talking Bad now...

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Kitt, Walt felt nothing but loathing toward Jesse for turning 'rat' on him and that's why he couldn't hurt him back enough by just turning him over to Todd for torture and then killing, but had to make it even worse by telling him about Jane first, just to add some extra torture. That's what separates Walt from Jesse. He's always had a very cold, cruel streak in him that Jesse never had.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I really can't stand the host in Talking Bad. He's a sycophantic twerp.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He's lovely! Just excitable, that's all, but he really is a fan.

Yeah, I think Walt did want to stick the knife in more, I just wasn't 100% sure seeing as earlier he wanted Jesse's execution to be swift and painless. I guess that all changed with Hank.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Not my idea of lovely by a long shot! He really doesn't add much in his comments about the show, besides the obvious and slobbering all over whichever actor from the show is on. It's nothing but fluff,imo.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I actually enjoyed Talking Bad tonight. I thought the comedian had some good points about how Walt is usually thinking and calculating and tonight he was raw emotion -- both in telling Jesse about his girlfriend and in taking the baby. Just really lashing out in the most hurtful way he can at loved ones who've hurt him.

The host is a super fan, so I understand his gushing. I think he does an okay job and the show has gotten better each week.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Chris Hardwick is The Nerdist. He just gets so excitable because he carries the nerd gene which means he is genetically predisposed to be be "uncool". He can't help it.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
The nerd gene...LOL, Sanfran! I know you're joking, but you just might be onto something about that genetic predisposition.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
OMG...he really is The Nerdist! That explains a lot. (just looked him up)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
One of the stars or producers of The Walking Dead once gave him a prop - necklace of zombie ears (trophies) that one of the characters wore on the show- and Hardwick got really excited and said it just gave him a "nerdgasm"!

He is funny but he really is a nerd in every since of the word...and proud of it!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not familiar with him at all - haven't seen any of his other shows. But I think he's an okay host and am not surprised he started in radio. Those guys know how to talk and fill dead air. They are pretty chatty.

Having a prop from a favorite show would be SO cool!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 4:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was rooting for Walt up until he gave the OK to take down Jessie. But he was emotionally raw at the death of Hank which he thinks Jessie was to blame. He will come to his senses and save him. It was such a sad episode on all fronts.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Help me remember, was Jane Jesse's girlfriend whose Dad was an air flight controller ?
I think she died of an overdose and Walter cleaned up the scene. Also there was an air disaster, was her Dad "working " ?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's right, Marameko, she was the goth looking girlfriend of Jesse's, they were asleep after doing drugs when Walt broke into the house (to take something back from Jesse). She turned onto her back, started vomiting and choked on it and died. Walt could have turned her over and saved her but chose not to. Her father was an air traffic controller, and a few weeks after Jane's death went back to work, couldn't concentrate and caused a crash.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I don't think this brilliant parody by Jimmy Fallon has been posted to this thread yet - I hope all of you will love it as much as I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duKL2dAJN6I&list=PLykzf464sU9-uj2DvWN3k3S6k_EPDw9pN

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Saw it on FB. Loved it! Great idea to post it here for others to enjoy.